Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Area 1 Multigun Championship

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is dry camping available at the range?

Should be. PRGC has allowed that in the past. By dry-camping, presume that to mean no water, no electrical, and no grey water dump. However, we will have porta-potties on site. I'll check with the Club Pres and get back to you (unless he replies here).

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the stages look fun and challenging. I had a minor freak out,(OMG THAT'S LIKE TWO WEEKS AWAY AND I STILL HAVE A LIST OF STUFF TO DO, NOT THE LEAST OF WHICH IS TO MOUNT MY OPTIC, OH AND I DON'T KNOW MAYBE PRACTICE SOMETHING!) but I'm over it(for)now. I've struggled at the distance targets in the past and sometimes the Texas Star and I aren't on friendly terms. But even when I struggle I'm still having a blast! Thank (insert deity of choice here). Can't wait :roflol:

That is all.

Cheers

Vince

Well, the stages look fun and challenging. I had a minor freak out,(OMG THAT'S LIKE TWO WEEKS AWAY AND I STILL HAVE A LIST OF STUFF TO DO, NOT THE LEAST OF WHICH IS TO MOUNT MY OPTIC, OH AND I DON'T KNOW MAYBE PRACTICE SOMETHING!) but I'm over it(for)now. I've struggled at the distance targets in the past and sometimes the Texas Star and I aren't on friendly terms. But even when I struggle I'm still having a blast! Thank (insert deity of choice here). Can't wait :roflol:

That is all.

Cheers

Vince

Glad to hear that you like the stages! Our AD Mr. Chuck designed most of them.

I too had a moment of panic with regard to the dwindling time to prep for the match... but I think we're getting there. Plaques showed up the other day from Manny, porta-potties have been ordered, and all the ducks are coming into something that resembles a line. Appreciate everyone's patience while we juggle regular work demands with getting ready for the big shin-dig in Oct.

Incidently, stages and match info is posted on PRGC's website: http://www.parmarng.org/index.php/special-events/area-1-multigun

and yeah, I know about the math errors on Stage 3 and 6 (I never claimed that counting was my strong point...) I'll get that fixed.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Adding to the above.. might there be a bay available to check zeros on Friday afternoon?

If they don't have a bay available just keep driving east, past the range, and you can shoot out in the BLM land. I've done it a couple of times no problem.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

What are the timelines? I'm trying to find a schedule of events. Anything on Friday for non RO's? I saw 0600 registration on Saturday, is it the same for Sunday morning? Thanks

Hi, the match schedule is on page 5 of the match booklet. I emailed it to all the competitors a couple of days ago. If you didn't get it, PM me your email and I'll send it again. I had hoped to have had the Match Booklet posted on our website, but its not back from the printers yet (but will be by Friday).

Registration is between 0600-0700, at which time you can self-squad at Check-in. There will also be coffee and breakfast at the clubhouse for a modest fee (better than dumpster diving from the local 7/11).

On Sunday, we'll start shooting around 0730-0745 when it is light enough (no need to check-in a 2nd time). I was going to cover this at the shooter's meeting on Saturday a.m., but for Sunday we'll just have everyone meet up with their squad at whichever stage is their next one in the normal progression. RO's will take attendence and start when everyone is there / it is light enough to see.

Adding to the above.. might there be a bay available to check zeros on Friday afternoon?

I'm sure we can accommodate that. Come find us on Friday when you get it. We'll be out there setting up most of the day, and we're not using the far western rifle pit.

Cheers

-Evans

Edited by 2MoreChains

What is a "KO" target? The little Knock Over steel?

What is the distance to the rifle plate racks on 8?

Yep, KO is knockover steel plates. The little ones. 4-5 inches. Can't remember exactly. The rifle plates on 8 are about 50 ish yards out. Maybe a bit more. Kind of depends where they fit at set up.

What is a "KO" target? The little Knock Over steel?

What is the distance to the rifle plate racks on 8?

Yep, KO is knockover steel plates. The little ones. 4-5 inches. Can't remember exactly. The rifle plates on 8 are about 50 ish yards out. Maybe a bit more. Kind of depends where they fit at set up.

Like 54.666 yards.

Here you go: http://www.idahouspsa.com/idahomga/upload/26UPLOAD.pdf

We had to post it as a PDF file since we ran into some issues with the Time Plus format in EzWin. I'm not the person to ask, but from what I understand one of the 3 files that you normally export out from the EzWin .db file in order to upload it in the conventional manner is not configured at this time for Time Plus scoring. So until we can figure that out, its online on the Idaho Section's website that has a function to let us upload PDFs.

The PDF shows the order of finish for Tactical Div, Open Div, then all results for the individual stages.

Thanks everyone for coming, and many thanks to our sponsors for their generous donations and continued support for our sport!

Edited by 2MoreChains

It was a GREAT match, 12 stages (all but one as least 2 guns) done in a day and half and we could have shot 9 stages on Saturday of us old guys on the squad weren't so tired..lol

Hats off the stage builders, RO's and match staff, especially Evans, Mike and Chuck who was running around like a crazy man all weekend and still had time to win Open Division, way to go Chuck!

Congratulation to Chris Sechiatano for winning Tac-Scope!

Edited by TMC

Fun match. Good stages. Time + scoring made it a lot easier and moved it along much quicker. Have shot many 3 Gun and Multi Gun matches, but this was my first USPSA Multi Gun. The rules were not as horrible as I expected from USPSA, but they sure need a lot of improvement/change if they ever want to attract the kind of crowds all the other multi gun matches draw.

The staff all worked really hard and did a great job. A big thanks to the sponsors that make it happen. MGM Targets, Primary Weapons Systems, Predator Tactical, DPMS, Sierra, Higher Capacity Magazines, WARNE Scope Mounts and anyone that I missed.

Special thanks to Evans for MD duties!

Great match and placing 2nd in Open made me a happy camper since only Chuck Anderson (Master class shooter) beat me.

Great stages and the other staff was great. As a shooting RO I was horse (Voice) by the end of the first day! I got to shoot with some great shooters but I had to confirm a DQ for my shooting partner:-(

I have not seen so many flies in my life...Parma, ID. must be the breeding grounds for the worlds population of flies :goof:

Scott Hawkins

Thanks to everyone who made this match happen. Even though I shot like a pile, it was fun! Video is up of all 12 stages at

Nice video that shows all the stages... link was a little messed up, but I found it. thanks for sharing...

Fixed it...(insert facepalm smiley)...thanks for letting me know about the linky!!