Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Happy Family

RangerTrace

Nice. Are any of them duty weapons?

Yes Sir, I carry two of them on duty. The one on the bottom left, which is a single stack 40S&W. Also, the one on the top right, which is a wide body 40S&W. I carry the wide body 90% of the time and it's my all-time favorite pistol. Actually, it's the reason I purchased of all the others. :devil: I only carry the single stack when I wear a double belt, Ranger rig.

Edited by SV-COP

Nice. Are any of them duty weapons?

Yes Sir, I carry two of them on duty. The one on the bottom left, which is a single stack 40S&W. Also, the one on the top right, which is a wide body 40S&W. I carry the wide body 90% of the time and it's my all-time favorite pistol. Actually, it's the reason I purchased of all the others. :devil: I only carry the single stack when I wear a double belt, Ranger rig.

Awesome. I've wanted to be a cop for a while, hopefully I can find a department with a firearms policy like yours :D

Unrelated question, is there a certain amount of time before you can choose your own duty weapon? Or can you just pick it right off the bat?

As a State Trooper I was required to carry the issued Sig P226 DAK in .357 Sig. Rangers are able to qualify with a total of four weapons other than the issued pistol. I prefer 1911 style pistols as do many other Rangers. However, there are a few who carry Glocks.