Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon bullet feeder?

Now that hornady has started selling its own bullet feeder will Dillon do the same? Hornady is trying to take over Dillons #1 spot in the relaoding business. Will Dillon respond or are the willing to let other companies control this segment of the business?

I am thinking about buying a hornady but would wait if I knew that Dillon was working on one.

Now that hornady has started selling its own bullet feeder will Dillon do the same? Hornady is trying to take over Dillons #1 spot in the relaoding business. Will Dillon respond or are the willing to let other companies control this segment of the business?

I am thinking about buying a hornady but would wait if I knew that Dillon was working on one.

Dunno Dillon's plans but my 650 with a KISS/Mr Bullet Feeder is just fine...

IMO it will take a hell of a lot more than a bullet feeder to get there....

Interesting question. I would think that if they wanted to do so they would've come up with plans a while ago. The guy who started GSI branched off from Dillon - as I understand it. I would guess that he knew there were no immediate plans, otherwise why risk going up against a company like Dillon? Just my own thoughts, who knows. Why not contact Mike Dillon and ask? He picks up the phone you know...

ive read they never have plans to make one.. matter a fact it was on my facebook page that a dillon rep responded to it.. he said that it would just make no one watch what they do and also said that putting the bullet by hand makes you watch what your doing so dillon plans on never making a bullet feeder!

ive read they never have plans to make one.. matter a fact it was on my facebook page that a dillon rep responded to it.. he said that it would just make no one watch what they do and also said that putting the bullet by hand makes you watch what your doing so dillon plans on never making a bullet feeder!

That makes sense. I would imagine they also fear the liability issues associated with this as well, and who can blame them.

Edited by gohuskers

There is really no additional liability issue with a bullet feeder than already exists.

I have a 1050 and it would be a very very cold day in a place yet to be named for me to choose another brand over a Dillon. Those other brands produce a good product but Dillon equipment, staff, etc., have been excellent for my needs. I do about 500-600 rounds in less than an hour. I like the high volume, good consistency rounds the Dillon provides me.

The bullet feeder works extremely well on the Dillon stuff. Go to the source to buy it.

They are good folks.

IIRC they had a prototype of the GSI in the Blue Press quite some time before it was introduced (it had a different style collator than what they wound up with).

There are at least 5 different brands of bullet feeders out there now that will work on Dillon machines and the GSI lets you keep the powder check. Dillon simply doesn't have to make them to keep selling presses. The presses sell themselves and customer service keeps "Dillon guy

s" loyal.

Edited by jmorris

Mr. Bulletfeeder works fine with lead, but they recommend cleaning after every 500 rounds or so.

i've loaded many thousands of lead .45 200 gr lswc's through mine. Do a search on "+bulletfeeder +lead" and you'll see a couple of posts on this. If you're using something like a laser cast bullet with a hard lube, you can get away with more infrequent cleanings. if you shoot cheap valiant bullets like i do with a gummy soft bullet lube, then you'll need to clean things up every 500-1000 rounds.

I have a serious problem with my Mr. Bulletfeeder. I got it a few months, read the directions, put it on my new 1050 and it has worked perfectly ever since. The problem is I like to tinker. I didn't get to reassemble it four times because the directions sucked, grind off the parts that were making it jam, shim it so it would work, JP weld the places where they had made a mis-cut, call them for missing parts, find a box and ship it back for repair (not even once), or even get pissed off because of the guilt of given it up and trying to pawn it off on the next guy. Where is the fun in this. Great product.

I have a serious problem with my Mr. Bulletfeeder. I got it a few months, read the directions, put it on my new 1050 and it has worked perfectly ever since. The problem is I like to tinker. I didn't get to reassemble it four times because the directions sucked, grind off the parts that were making it jam, shim it so it would work, JP weld the places where they had made a mis-cut, call them for missing parts, find a box and ship it back for repair (not even once), or even get pissed off because of the guilt of given it up and trying to pawn it off on the next guy. Where is the fun in this. Great product.

hey - you're in luck. I hear Lee is going to coming out with one of these shortly, should address all of your issues:devil:\

sorry, couldn't resist... I'll contribute $2 to the Richard Lee Anti-Defamation League as penance...

Edited by jaredr

No one will ever take over Dillon as the #1 reloader. No one.

I don't know about that. Kind of like saying no one makes a better car than Packard. Times change, I hope better mouse traps come along as none of the machines are flawless.

I will say whoever does has some work to do.

The Dillon rep I spoke with on the subject said that part of the reason they are not pursuing a bullet feeder is export sales. As it stands now, they can ship tooling world wide without any problems. If they added a bullet feeder to the press, they would probably no longer be able to export the presses as hobby equipment. Each export order would have to be approved by the Department of State.

However, as much as it would be nice to have a Dillon supplied bullet feeder, I'm extremely happy with my Mr.BulletFeeder.

My Mr Bulletfeeder works perfect, but I still need one for Hollow Base Wadcutter...

I believe Youtube has a vid of a homemade wadcutter bullet feeder.

Yeah, that's actually one of my brainchild's. It works ok but I still need to work some of the kinks out of it. I need to replace the clear tubes with something else, if there's a build up of lube on the bullet it will jam up in the tube. I tried using a spring tube(?) (like what's on the Mr Bulletfeeder) but I can't find one that's the right size. (I don't even know what there really called) :) Anyway I don't actually sell them, but maybe some one will take the idea and run with it.

-Steve