Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Snowed in...

HS101

Snow day! Everything in the north half of Georgia is shut down, so...

RELOADING TIME!!!

Made 1000 40 and 1000 9, would have made 223 but I am out of H335....

I might even switch the 550 over to large primers and load up 45 tonight, too....

Always take the time to make the best out of a bad situation! :cheers:

RELOADING TIME!!!

Made 1000 40 and 1000 9, would have made 223 but I am out of H335....

I might even switch the 550 over to large primers and load up 45 tonight, too....

Always take the time to make the best out of a bad situation! :cheers:

LOL must be nice. My company gave us all laptops a few years back with VPN and a soft phone! But it was nice to get out of bed @ 7:59 and walk to the office in my spare bedroom for hard day of work!

I had to slip and slide my way to the drug store. Man, if they would let me sell those from home....... :roflol:

Ohhh you can sell those from home. You just might get a little vist from the DEA and an all expenses paid trip to the Big House!

I am happy for you!! Happy you have the snow and I don't for now. 50 miles north of me got 2 ft. of snow on Saturday. I got about a 1 inch.

Have fun !! Brent

Another day snowed in.... 1000 45 down.. I am running out of things to reload - hope the weather breaks soon ! :lol:

Otherwise I might need to start cleaning my guns :sick::roflol:

or even worse, brass prep :yawn:

Edited by HS101

Spoke to soon !!! Got 4 or 5 inch's today but everything still goes. Maybe a little slower though.

Curious how much of snow or ice dose it take to shut everything down in the south?

I haven't missed work ever because of snow or ice in northern Indiana. But it hasn't snowed a lot( like over a foot) for a long time.

Brent

Spoke to soon !!! Got 4 or 5 inch's today but everything still goes. Maybe a little slower though.

Curious how much of snow or ice dose it take to shut everything down in the south?

I haven't missed work ever because of snow or ice in northern Indiana. But it hasn't snowed a lot( like over a foot) for a long time.

Brent

1/2-3/4" of ice is enough. We only have such episodes every 3-8 years, so it makes no sense to invest big tax dollars in equipment to deal with it.

Some local moron truck driver was bitching at the Governor on tonight's news; urging him to "go find more money for equipment". I guess it never occurred to him that HE would be footing the bill.

Most of us would rather spend our money on a new BBQ smoker since we'd get a hellava lot more use from it. :D

1/2-3/4" of ice is enough. We only have such episodes every 3-8 years, so it makes no sense to invest big tax dollars in equipment to deal with it.

I can under stand that. probable melts in a day or two anyway. I take the snowed at home too.But my work will just hunt me down.

Brent

Yeah, I love this time of year. It's when we generally have folks from up north tell us, "the problem is, you just don't know how to drive in snow". Of course we do. Snow isn't a problem. Ice is.

As I told my friend from upstate New York....

"If you say you're from New York and you know how to safely drive in the snow, I believe you know how to drive in the snow.

If you say you're from New York and you know how to safely drive on ice, I believe you're an idiot".

I hate that the guy in the BMW was an idiot (my apologies if that seems redundant). I don't know where he comes from, but there likely aren't too many smart people in his gene pool.

Oh, yes!

It starts with an inch or two of snow, and it's beautiful! We love it!

Then it turns to sleet and then an icy rain. Later that night it gets really cold and makes it a solid sheet of slippery. We don't love that as much.

Many places deal with the same conditions but have infrastructure to address the roads. We don't.

*I'm pretty sure it's a state law that at the first forecast of winter precipitation you are required to go to the grocery store and purchase bread, alcohol, and milk. Lactose intolerance is not a defense.

:lol:

Just finished cleaning up here in NW CT

20" new SNOW on the ground, even had to get the roof rake out..........

Had to drive through it coming down hard @ 6 AM Eastern whatever time......

Only one asshat on the road at that hour,

Blizzard conditions...

he tailgated me ,

I waved him by,(him car. me 4x4)

Down the road

I then waved bye bye, as I passed him in the snow bank :)