Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just ordered a Glock 34!

ICON_636

My wife informed me on Christmas that I could have any pistol I wanted under $1,500. Today I ordered a new Glock 34 and will be picking it up on Friday. Needless to say the price came in well under my wifes very generous budget. I live about an hour away from Accurate Iron in Oklahoma City so I will defiantly be getting some work done there. I should also still have enough money left over for a CR Speed belt, Blade Tech holster, and extra magazines and mag pouches. I plan to start shooting local USPSA matches in Production Division and some Steel Challenge matches, this weighed heavily into my gun choice. I cant wait to shoot this thing and start pimping it out.

Edited by ICON_636

Kick A$$!!! Where do you live? I take it you will be joining us at OKCGC fit the biggest monthly match in Area 4?

I live near Clinton and ordered my gun at the Tin Star Shooting Range in Weatherford. Yes I plan to start shooting regularly at the monthly matches at the OKC Gun Club. I'm also planning on shooting some Friday night bowling pin matches at the Firing Pin in Hinton. I have not competed yet, but can't wait to get a few matches under my belt.

No need to send off a 34.

Sevigny sights ... $80

13lb recoil spring ... $4

Trigger parts ... $20

Grip tape ... $2

Do it all yourself. Vids on YouTube will help or a friend with some experience.

Takes 1 hour if you have no idea what you are doing. Then go shoot the crap out of it.

Keith

Sevigny sights ... $80

Trigger parts ... $20

Grip tape ... $2

Takes 1 hour if you have no idea what you are doing. Then go shoot the crap out of it.

Keith

This is 100% correct. Save the time and money you would have spent sending it to someone, and use it to buy entrance into a training course. Phil Strader is nearby, as is Mike Seeklander. Take that cash and pay one of those two to help you learn how to shoot your new G34.

They are very easy to work on. Buy one of the excellent DVD's (AGI's "Making Glocks Rock", for example) and go from there. I do like the trigger kit from glocktriggers.com.

You can put a couple hundred into it, buy extra mags, a good holster and mag pouches and still have a little left over for some training and ammo to make the wife's budget. This is the order I would do it depending on budget. Blade Tech DOH holster, Extra Mags, Sights, Standard length slide lock lever, Captured Steel guide rod and spring, skate tape or pre cut grip pannel, trigger kit. I put the trigger kit last, because you can get a pretty good trigger on your own, but one of the kits generally sets you up a bit better.

The only thing I didn't do myself was sights, because I do not have a pusher. I did my own trigger, then went ahead and put one of the gt.com kits in, but did polish it a bit before installing. If you do decide to do the work yourself there are two must have items, a small punch, and a roll of masking tape. You will see why if you buy the AGI DVD.

It is a great gun, and, if your wife has any desire at all to shoot, is excellent for her too.

WGcan

I want to thank everyone for their replies. I bought my first pistol when I turned 21 (Glock 23) and have shot the crap out of it ever since. I have also been in law enforcement since I was 22 (28 now) and have trusted my life with a Glock 21 every day since then. I am a line safety officer so I do a fair amount of shooting and been to a few schools. However, I have never done any competition stuff, other than betting with coworkers on who buys lunch based on qualifying scores (I have yet to buy). I plan to get Sevigny sights with fiber optic front sight, was also planning on the 13lb recoil spring, and extended length guide rod. I am doing some reading on doing the trigger work myself, but I also want the frame stippled and am not sure that I want to do this myself. The gun will most likely be coming in tomorrow and I will pick it up after work if possible. I'm attending another shooting school the first week of March and plan to shoot this thing for two days straight.

Been doing a lot of reading and will probably order 1000 rounds of Atlanta Arms 147gr 9mm soon.

Edited by ICON_636

Sevigny sights ... $80

Trigger parts ... $20

Grip tape ... $2

Keith

Ok, I'm gonna do the trigger myself. Im buying a dremel tomorow to polish everything up. What trigger parts do you guys suggest?

My glock trigger is pretty good. I don't want to start a argument but I have tried the drop in from some big names and mines so close to the same that it's not even worth the money to buy the kit IMHO.

Stock G34 Connector, .25c trigger job, I used a dremmel but I was very carefully.

Wolf Light weight striker.

Wolf Extra Power trigger return spring.

Thats it I think.

Got one for Xmas. Shot great the other day, can't wait to use it in a match.

I feel much more confident with it than my 19.

Do you dress up like your Avatar for matches too, or is that more of a special occasion thing? :roflol:

Got one for Xmas. Shot great the other day, can't wait to use it in a match.

I feel much more confident with it than my 19.

Do you dress up like your Avatar for matches too, or is that more of a special occasion thing? :roflol:

That's only on disco night.