Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Wonderful Christmas Gift

Bwana Six-Gun

Ok, a little background first. About a month ago, I mentioned to the wife that the 20th Anniversary of the IRC was coming up the first week-end in June and it would be cool to go. We could go to San Francisco for a couple of days and maybe tour the wine country and have a good ole time. She was cool to say the least. About two weeks later, my daughter and her husband are over for their usual Sunday afternoon visit and she tells me "You are not going to the IRC in June. We have a belated birthday trip planned for you and it is not going to change." I figure they ahve got a weekend at Disney in Orlando planned for us, so I figure OK it will be fun.

Fast forward to Christmas Eve. We are out at her house doing the gift exchange and having dinner and when all is done and the grand-son is busy playing with his new remote controlled cars, the two daughters, wife and son-in-law all line up in front of me holding packages. "These are clues to where you are going. Try and guess." I open the first one and it is a pair of swim trunks. I think the beach, probably Florida. Opening the second one, it is a toy battleship game. I think, Aha, Gulf Shores. Beach, USS Alabama. Then I open the third. A can of SPAM. I still have not firgured that one out yet. My only thought was they think I am going to go camping. Not hardly. Then I open the last one. One of those wiggle dolls tht you mount on your dash that shakes when you drive. A Hula Girl! The light comes on. I am going to Hawaii!!!!!!

Three days in Honolulu and four days on Maui. I am not spending a cent and getting the vacation of a lifetime. I love my girls and my wife.

I can go see the Arizona and tour Pearl and then spend the restofmy time on the beach drinking beer and umbrella drinks and soaking up the rays.

It does not get much better than this.

As I said, I love my girls (and my son-in-law.).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hawaii the 50th state leads the U.S. in per-capita consumption of Spam, a legacy of World War II

Even that statement of fact doesn't really say how much Spam is eaten over there. I would go to people's houses and they would have cans piled up in corners like they were expecting to live in a bomb shelter for a few years.

Ok, a little background first. About a month ago, I mentioned to the wife that the 20th Anniversary of the IRC was coming up the first week-end in June and it would be cool to go. We could go to San Francisco for a couple of days and maybe tour the wine country and have a good ole time. She was cool to say the least. About two weeks later, my daughter and her husband are over for their usual Sunday afternoon visit and she tells me "You are not going to the IRC in June. We have a belated birthday trip planned for you and it is not going to change." I figure they ahve got a weekend at Disney in Orlando planned for us, so I figure OK it will be fun.

Fast forward to Christmas Eve. We are out at her house doing the gift exchange and having dinner and when all is done and the grand-son is busy playing with his new remote controlled cars, the two daughters, wife and son-in-law all line up in front of me holding packages. "These are clues to where you are going. Try and guess." I open the first one and it is a pair of swim trunks. I think the beach, probably Florida. Opening the second one, it is a toy battleship game. I think, Aha, Gulf Shores. Beach, USS Alabama. Then I open the third. A can of SPAM. I still have not firgured that one out yet. My only thought was they think I am going to go camping. Not hardly. Then I open the last one. One of those wiggle dolls tht you mount on your dash that shakes when you drive. A Hula Girl! The light comes on. I am going to Hawaii!!!!!!

Three days in Honolulu and four days on Maui. I am not spending a cent and getting the vacation of a lifetime. I love my girls and my wife.

I can go see the Arizona and tour Pearl and then spend the restofmy time on the beach drinking beer and umbrella drinks and soaking up the rays.

You are hereby required to post pictures of your skinny ass on a surfboard.

:D

You are hereby required to post pictures of your skinny ass on a surfboard.

:D

Do Not hold your breath. There will be no pix of me on surboards or wearing hula skirts, deapite what my children may try or you may want. :roflol::lol:

And no more talk about SPAM! You are ruining my mood!

"I" never mentioned SPAM (though a few cans might give you the ballast to shoot Major quicker!).

==================

A salesman I knew in the early 80's won an all-expense trip to HI, including 5 hotels on 3 different islands in a 3 week period. Plush!

His wife got to be friends with a woman staying at one of the hotels and they hung out for a few days.

Barbara Mandrell.

He even brought back pictures of Barbara in her bathing suit.

I hope you have such luck!

Cool beans!!!

When you are on Ohau I suggest taking one of the cheesy bus tours around the island. Pearl really only takes an afternoon and the rest of the island is so big you'll miss some of the fun sights. Try to get one that goes all the way to North Shore and then through the Dole plantation. The sunsets on Waikiki are really nice too...

On Maui, just veg and enjoy... :roflol:

Try the pineapple even if you don't normally like it. It's amazing on the islands!

Pearl really only takes an afternoon

When my wife and I went in spring of 2002 (after a reschedule from September,2001), we spent from 8:30 am to about 5:00 pm at Pearl. The Arizona goes kind of quick, but, the lines are much shorter in the morning. We did a long tour on the Missouri, then the U.S.S. Bowfin, a Balao class submarine, and the submarine museum took the rest of the day. We like history, what can I say.

Enjoy the trip! 2 weeks is better, trust me.

Edited by Dan Sierpina

Ahm jus sayin' :rolleyes:

Mid Pacific Pistol League has an IPSC match on June 5.

No need to bring your gun, we can set you up.

Just bring your rig and let us know what you want to shoot.

Your job is to score some free time from the family. :ph34r:

We won't feed you spam. Maybe. Raw fish probably. :devil:

• 4 months later...

Had to resurrect this thread, as only 12 days and a wake-up remain until I head for the islands. Trip preparation is well underway, as today I went out and got some beach shoes, new tennie bops and two pair of swim trunks, one of them is a Speedo. Showed it to the wife tonight when she got home and she likes it. Will try to post a picture of me in the Speedo on waikiki as soon as we get there. That might make up for not having a picture of me on a surfboard like ima45dv8 wants. Can't wait.

Will try to post a picture of me in the Speedo on waikiki as soon as we get there.

You do and we might fire your ass...

:lol:

Only four days and a wake-up until I head out. Only five days and a wake-up until I send Mark (ima45dv8) a picture of me in the "speedo". Look forward to the fun.

I'm preparing for the arrival of that photo.

I've been practicing walking through my home with my eyes closed. Being temporarily blinded by that visage will be a burden, but I commit to finding some way to repay you in kind.

How'd you like a picture of me similarly attired? Hmmmmm?