FNH USA 3 Gun Championship Nov 10-12, 2011

MATCH HOTEL INFORMATION

Hampton Inn and Conference Center

1204 Berryville Avenue

Winchester, VA 22601

T: 540.678.4000

Group Code: CHXFNH

Room Rate is $79 per night

This is about a half hour from the range adjacent to the interstate for easy access. Within 5 minutes of the hotel are about 30-40 places to eat from steak chain restaurants to McDonalds for the morning breakfast. But this is the best part, across the street is a burger place call Five Guys.....if you like burgers and fries, this is the place for you. Ask anyone who lives in the DC area about the Five Guys burgers.

Also available is a hotel about 15 minutes from the range but less choices of places to eat like zero except for KFC or Arby's I think. It is a Hampton Inn. I have listed the contact information below. Just contact Hank and he will set you up. The room rate is $87 per night.

Hampton Inn - Inwood

4758 Gerrardstown Road

Inwood, WV, 25428

Hank Hancher, General Manager

I will work tomorrow to secure a third option in Martinsburg, WV which will be about 20-25 minutes from the range and provide similar food options like Winchester.

Larry

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MATCH HOTEL INFORMATION

1204 Berryville Avenue

Winchester, VA 22601

Larry I was just on the hotel site and their quote for two double beds for that time slot is $75.65 a night. Is the $79 inclusive of all taxes? Otherwise they are pulling a fast one on you/us.

Edited by stormbringer

MATCH HOTEL INFORMATION

1204 Berryville Avenue

Winchester, VA 22601

This is about a half hour from the range adjacent to the interstate for easy access. Within 5 minutes of the hotel are about 30-40 places to eat from steak chain restaurants to McDonalds for the morning breakfast. But this is the best part, across the street is a burger place call Five Guys.....if you like burgers and fries, this is the place for you. Ask anyone who lives in the DC area about the Five Guys burgers.

Even better, just across the bridge over 81 is a little Ice Cream Stand, they have the best Banana Custard in the Universe. The place is "Dairy Corner", actually an official place name I believe, been there a while. I never drive down 81 without a stop, and one on the way back up to.

MATCH HOTEL INFORMATION

1204 Berryville Avenue

Winchester, VA 22601

Larry I was just on the hotel site and their quote for two double beds for that time slot is $75.65 a night. Is the $79 inclusive of all taxes? Otherwise they are pulling a fast one on you/us.

Don't believe there is a fast one being pulled here....this is the room rate for all nights, hotels will charge a higher rate for Friday and Saturday nights plus this is for all the room not just the ones that have no view or anything else that are otherwise cheaper. Trust me I went back and forth between several hotels for the best price. Hope this helps with your decision.

MATCH HOTEL INFORMATION

1204 Berryville Avenue

Winchester, VA 22601

Don't believe there is a fast one being pulled here....this is the room rate for all nights, hotels will charge a higher rate for Friday and Saturday nights plus this is for all the room not just the ones that have no view or anything else that are otherwise cheaper. Trust me I went back and forth between several hotels for the best price. Hope this helps with your decision.

Actually it shows 75 per night for all of the nights.

No worries however........I can just book off the internet price and still be there. It just does not seem logical.

MATCH HOTEL INFORMATION

1204 Berryville Avenue

Winchester, VA 22601

Actually it shows 75 per night for all of the nights.

No worries however........I can just book off the internet price and still be there. It just does not seem logical.

I will check with my POC at the hotel on Monday and figure out what is going on.....I am not below asking! Thanks for the research.

What is the weather going to be like in Nov?

I thought it got cold down here in Georgia.

I've never been to the North in November but I'm planning on shooting Open since I don't think I'll be able to load a tube-fed shotgun. Now all I have to do before then is figure out how to get a competitive draw time with concealment. :lol:

Edited by DyNo!

Ok the question is weather in November.....well let me say this! Prepare for anything! It could be the upper 60's to low 70's, or it could be in the 30's with snow.

Not sure if there is anything that I can say that would make you feel good.

As for the match, we will do everything possible to give you a shooting challenge! Ask Jim Norman, he'll tell you about my course design.....they look easy until you start shooting them, if you get to close to the cliff, you just might fall off!

I will make sure everyone is taken care of, if it is cold, we will try to keep you warm....if it is hot, we'll have shade for you!

Food will be for sale on the range, you will be able to register on the range on Wednesday or at the match hotel on Wednesday night, I am currently working on a shooter's awards banquet for Saturday night with cash bar, every shooter will get a gift from the match at registration and we are going to set the bar that with the help of everyone, we are going to make every attempt to finish the match ahead of schedule.

Stay tuned for more information.

Larry

Ok the question is weather in November.....well let me say this! Prepare for anything! It could be the upper 60's to low 70's, or it could be in the 30's with snow.

Not sure if there is anything that I can say that would make you feel good.

As long as you say the match is on and we get to shoot, I'm happy!!!

We can deal with the weather, or we can stay home. Not a difficult decision to make. :cheers:

Well that's it then... Hotel reservation made.

Now just 225 days until the first FNH shot rings out.

We're in for the Blue Ridge match end of April as well as the Ozark in Sept...

'Heading to York Pa. this weekend for a 3man team 3-gun match.

My passport is gettin' rather dog-ear'd

• 3 weeks later...

OK give me some help to find the website for the application Like a link in braille for a slow guy like me

You going Jamie? With FB3G now just a memory, there's a hole in the NOV/DEC schedule. Long drive from CENTEX, but looks like a great match.

Lets talk it over on the drive to BRM , I think we could make it good trip.

I am printing out an application for each of us.

Will someone be at BRM3Gun that we can hand deliver the app to ?

Edited by AlamoShooter

OK give me some help to find the website for the application Like a link in braille for a slow guy like me

You going Jamie? With FB3G now just a memory, there's a hole in the NOV/DEC schedule. Long drive from CENTEX, but looks like a great match.

Lets talk it over on the drive to BRM , I think we could make it good trip.

I am printing out an application for each of us.

Will someone be at BRM3Gun that we can hand deliver the app to ?

No. My mailing address is on the application.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2011 FNH USA 3 Gun Statistician

• 2 weeks later...

I read over the post and Am trying to figure out my last details. (Is 5th wheel parking/ camping at the match site going to be OK ?

We are trying to come up with our last budget details to decide about the long drive. Fuel cost etc.

Edited by AlamoShooter

I read over the post and Am trying to figure out my last details. (Is 5th wheel parking/ camping at the match site going to be OK ?

We are trying to come up with our last budget details to decide about the long drive. Fuel cost etc.

Yes there will be spots to park the monsters!

• 2 weeks later...

The fine folks at Valleys Guns, 15 minutes from the range has offered to order in ammo to assist with the amount of ammo you need to bring to the match. Considering you are shooting all three guns om all stages and a few stages there is a fourth gun to shoot. The pricing sheet is attached and you must preorder with them. You can stop by or the way to the range. There will be a sight in range available.

Tentative round count is as follows, these are approximate at this time as I am still finalizing stages:

Rifle:100

Handgun:100

Shotgun - Slugs:15

Shot:100

Tom Millay

Valley Guns II

998 Arden Nollville Rd

Inwood, WV 25428

304-229-4411

www.valleyguns2.com

FNH_Cham._Shoot_Ammo_Pricing.doc

Does anyone know if this match is sold out yet??

Yes, it is full now. I plan to start a waiting list.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2011 FNH USA 3 Gun Statistician

Please send in you applications and get on the waiting list. I anticipate some slots opening up as time goes on...they always do!