Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FNH USA 3 Gun Championship Nov 10-12, 2011

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok I am regretting not signing up for this match. How deep is the waiting list at this point? Any hope of getting in for an idiot like me that was scared of cold weather?

Jesse, so I guess I should not tell you that I have 60 guns on the table already with an anticipation of 100 by the start of the match and that the prize table is currently at $112K or that there is a catered awards banquet on Saturday night with cash bar......it is a shame you are afraid of the cold, doesn't Oklahoma get cold??????

You can always get in as a member of the match staff! :devil:

Edited by sbmd

Jesse, so I guess I should not tell you that I have 60 guns on the table already with an anticipation of 100 by the start of the match and that the prize table is currently at $112K or that there is a catered awards banquet on Saturday night with cash bar

Whoa. :o

My next question is, should Limited shooters consider jumping into the Tactical Optics pool for this one? :devil:

Jesse, so I guess I should not tell you that I have 60 guns on the table already with an anticipation of 100 by the start of the match and that the prize table is currently at $112K or that there is a catered awards banquet on Saturday night with cash bar

Whoa. :o

My next question is, should Limited shooters consider jumping into the Tactical Optics pool for this one? :devil:

Cam - since I'm shooting irons, I definitely think you should switch to Tac Ops (hee hee)

Jesse,

Didn't you tell me you were orginally from Wisconsin? Also, didn't you have a top ten finish at Midway? It never gets that cold in WV in November.......well it usually doesn't

Jesse,

Didn't you tell me you were orginally from Wisconsin? Also, didn't you have a top ten finish at Midway? It never gets that cold in WV in November.......well it usually doesn't

I am from WI which is why I now live in the furnace we call Oklahoma. I hate the cold!

Thanks for the heads up on the temps. I see how you are now. U coming to OKC next weekend?

You bet! We are looking forward to staying at your house through the month of July, it's a WV thing.

233 rifle shots is kind of like going to rifle camp

Gose,

I can answer that....at the request of 3G Nation, we were asked to set slots aside in the event people making the 3G Championship could attend and shoot the FNH match. We will be working tirelessly to make sure everyone who wants to shoot can get an opportunity. We will be taking names off the waiting list soon so no one panic.

It may get dicey close to the match especially with the USPSA Multigun within two weeks of our match. I will not let anyone down (open mouth insert foot here).

Please if you have not registered, get on the waiting list so we know your interest. Again we will do everything within our power to get folks into the match unless of course the waiting list is 200 people long.

Larry

How do I get on said waiting lust?

I'm not sure what waiting lust you want to get onto that involves Larry but leave me off of that one.

Chuck, you weren't complaining at Ironman!

Send in your applications with payment.....we will start looking at the waiting list as soon as 1 July for movement. Get on that list, you do not want to miss this match. It will be a test of shooting ability!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Dulles (IAD), Baltimore(BWI), or Reagon (DCA) are all about the same distance and large international airports. Baltimore is where most Southwest airlines flights can be found and will be the cheapest if you use that airline. Dulles is the easist to navigate through traffic to access. Just remember on return flights in the early morning you need to allow plenty of time to deal with traffic. Call me if you want any more details.

Guess there's no point in bringing those 40/48/60 rounds mags for tactical :)

5.3.4.6 Magazine capable of holding no more than 30 rounds inserted at any time.

WTF? Isn't surefire a HUGE 3 Gun Nation sponsor? The 60's should be mandatory!!! I hope I don't accidentally load my Pmags to 31 and get bumped to Open.

Guess there's no point in bringing those 40/48/60 rounds mags for tactical :)

5.3.4.6 Magazine capable of holding no more than 30 rounds inserted at any time.

WTF? Isn't surefire a HUGE 3 Gun Nation sponsor? The 60's should be mandatory!!! I hope I don't accidentally load my Pmags to 31 and get bumped to Open.

Doesnt matter if you throw 31 in there or not... As the rule is written you cant use mags that hold more than 30 rounds period ("capable of.."), so double-check that you cant get 31 into those Pmags ;)

Honestly, I kinda like it (though maybe we should move this to another thread, since I suspect the discussion will get heated) :sight:

Nothing to be heated about...this has been something that has been discussed for years. We stepped forward and implemented it. We did not do it to slight anyone or leave anyone out as far as sponsors. With a prize table at $150K right now and 70 guns I think we are looking very good, oh yea I have 5 more committed sponsors from this weekend so stay tuned for more.

The rational behind the decision is this...Tactical class is limited to no more than one magnified optic (tac ops) or one non-magnified optic (tac irons), 9 rounds in the shotgun, and minimum of 9mm and 140mm length magazines. So why not place a limit on the mags for the tactical division. It is a test for us at the match. The nice thing is we can always adjust for subsequent years.

Besides, if you shoot more than 30 rounds and need to reload, you need something more than just a longer magazine. Everything is doable and besides laying upside down under a car, you can't use a long magazine anyway..oops did just say that!