Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Off-season fun! Logo contest

Okay, FB3G is long gone, TX 3gun and BR3G are months away, what do we do for the winter? Well, I have decided that 3 Gun (multigun) needs a logo, for bumper stickers, T-shirts, and the like. Something instantly recognizable by our community, like a DVC sticker, or the cops' blue-line stickers, before every other jackass in the US started putting them on their cars because they thought it would get them out of tickets (PS, it totally doesn't work). Three-gun doesn't have a governing body, and I don't see it having one any time soon (sorry Charles :ph34r: ), and that's where logo-type stuff usually comes from. Now, I have roughly the artistic ability of a sea cucumber on thorazine, so I'm asking for help from the finest folks in the world: the multigun community! I'm sure some of you are graphic artist types, or maybe just reformed hippies, so let's see what we can do!

Now the bad news: as of right now, this contest consists solely of an unfinished forum post, and as the sole sponsor, I have to admit the prize table is pretty lackluster. I might could scrape up some once-fired brass, used magazines for guns I don't own anymore... potentially tens of dollars worth of merchandise (and the opportunity to create an icon). However, here's what I'm going to try:

The winning entry will become my intellectual property; I'll have it copyrighted and license it free of charge in perpetuity to any person or company that donates prizes. That's it: no hoops to jump through, organization to join, rules to comply with, or anything. Donate something somewhat cool (no pocket lint or live animals please) to give away to the person that best captures multigun in a logo, and you get to use it. Think of how snappy that awesome symbol of multigun would look incorporated into your website, brochure, match t-shirt, whatever!

Now, for participants: You can post an entry here, or send it directly to me if you're shy (or just a gamer). As of now I'm the only judge, I'll probably enlist some help, and any donating sponsor will have a vote as well. I'd like to let things run through the winter, and announce the winner at an early 2011 match (BR3G comes to mind).

So let's make a logo people! Any questions, entries,sponsorship prize offers, death threats, therapist referrals, whatever can be sent to me at:

DCloudy777@aol.com

Thanks, and get creative!

Edited by dcloudy777

• 2 weeks later...

Simple, I'm sure an artist could spruce it up.

That is sure to please the NASCAR fans among us.

When I designed mine, it was with the tactical side of shooting in mind. Not because I live in Florida or because I am a Gators fan. I wanted to have a characture that captured a lot, and was cool at the same time. I have had more than a few shooters ask where I got my shirts because the logo was so cool.

Anyway, the American Aligator is uniquely American and one of Mother natures most Tactical animals, so it was my natural choice for a 3-gun animal characature, complete with it reaching for a rifle,pistol and shotgun and an IPSC target as a border in the background. I have it as my avatar, but it looks better when its a little larger.

I may be missing something there but if there is no organization to govern and promote 3 gun and no one wants one, how would a logo be of any benefit to anyone other than a t shirt vendor?

NRA is an organization and they have a logo. USPSA has a logo. 3 Gun Nation has a logo. So do the NBA, NFL, NASCAR, MLB and NHL. But it escapes me how a logo is needed absent an organization to receive a benefit.