Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Area 8 Championship - Sept. 1-4

To all who helped setup and run this match,especially those who took a weeks vacation to do it. A great big THANK YOU. It is appreciated more than these words can say.

Edited by DanL

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, fun, fun, fun........and the side event raised 785.00 for the Wounded Warrior Project. Approx. 2,200.00 total for the Area 8 weekend.

thanks to everyone that donated and shot the side match, karl @ GT

Edited by Karl @ GT

Yeah, fun, fun, fun........and the side event raised 785.00 for the Wounded Warrior Project.

thanks to everyone that donated and shot the side match, karl @ GT

That's outstanding! The Fredericksburg club raised over $2200 for the WWP at our July match. I'd love to hear from Harry how much the Area has done overall!

The WWP fundraising spearheaded by harry is GREAT!

a few random notes on the match:

1. the RO package at this match was awesome...every single RO walked away with at least one gift/prize (and since most were also shooters, most got more than one). plus free hotel room, some free food and drinks, and a match admin staff that really looked out for us.

2. no rain. yeah, they got some during set-up, but no rain on any of the shooting days.

3. the crazy jack burgers were pretty darned good.

4. mike gottlieb...thanks for sponsoring a really nice RO banquet catered by famous dave's.

5. i think we finished on time or ahead of schedule every day.

6. i really liked the stages.

7. i worked on stage 5 and watched every shooter on fri/sat/sun...and every single one of them had their finger off the trigger as they moved towards the bridge after shooting the steel (including the guy the fell in the above video...falling sucks, but getting DQ'ed along with it would have been a lot worse).

8. i didn't count, but it seemed like at least 50 people helped with tear down...

9. jeff salzberg (match director), eric paradisi (sponsor coordinator), rob burkindine (stats), lew walker (stage designer/builder), george jones (range master) and harry foltz (area 8 director)...thanks to all of you guys for organizing a great match.

10. the sponsors provided an unbelievable amount of support for the match...it's a long list, but deserves another mention:

2011 EGW Area 8 Championship Sponsors

EGW (Match Sponsor)

DIVISION SPONSORS

Predator Tactical (Limited)

Millennium Custom (L-10)

SVI (Open)

Glock (Production)

Warren Tactical (Single Stack)

Hatfield’s Gunsmithing (Revolver)

STAGE SPONSORS

Brownell’s

C-More

Direct Action Tactical

FNH, USA

Jager Products

Montana Gold

NEVCO Targets

SIG

Springfield Armory

Virginia Arms

GOLD SPONSORS

Action Targets

Atlanta Arms

Brian Enos

CPWSA

CR Speed

Ear-Inc.

I-Shot

MGM Targets

Para USA

Red Dot Shooting

Starline

Trijicon

Unique-Tek

ADDITIONAL SPONSORS

CED (Chrono)

Rudy Project (Eyewear)

Greeley Custom (Juniors)

Michael Gottlieb (Staff Banquet)

Shooter’s Conection (Targets/Pasters)

Techwear (Staff Shirts)

11. I finished well as a "lady" shooter! :roflol:

I had a great time shooting the Area 8 match this year. Big thanks to Dan Burwell for helping us out on Thursday. Great job by the entire crew.

Nice video Chris. I'm looking forward to going back to Open soon.

GB

a few random notes on the match:

1. the RO package at this match was awesome...every single RO walked away with at least one gift/prize (and since most were also shooters, most got more than one). plus free hotel room, some free food and drinks, and a match admin staff that really looked out for us.

2. no rain. yeah, they got some during set-up, but no rain on any of the shooting days.

3. the crazy jack burgers were pretty darned good.

4. mike gottlieb...thanks for sponsoring a really nice RO banquet catered by famous dave's.

5. i think we finished on time or ahead of schedule every day.

6. i really liked the stages.

7. i worked on stage 5 and watched every shooter on fri/sat/sun...and every single one of them had their finger off the trigger as they moved towards the bridge after shooting the steel (including the guy the fell in the above video...falling sucks, but getting DQ'ed along with it would have been a lot worse).

8. i didn't count, but it seemed like at least 50 people helped with tear down...

9. jeff salzberg (match director), eric paradisi (sponsor coordinator), rob burkindine (stats), lew walker (stage designer/builder), george jones (range master) and harry foltz (area 8 director)...thanks to all of you guys for organizing a great match.

10. the sponsors provided an unbelievable amount of support for the match...it's a long list, but deserves another mention:

11. I finished well as a "lady" shooter! :roflol:

Not only did he do well against the other ladies he did it shooting minor :roflol:

WelI,,,I pretty much just woke up from the weekend of: driving - shooting - and driving again, so please forgive my late post. Happily - over the weekend, I met up with some old friends, and, met some really excellent, new friends. Our squad was filled with our "regulars" so it felt like being at home, except I got to use bigger mag pads! All things considered, I shot "okay". As ALWAYS: The match staff was INCREDIBLE! For me,,,, the stages were a bit deceiving. They seemed pretty straight forward, until,,,,DOH!!!,,,"Um,,Excuse me Miss, but, that one over there in the corner,,,I'm sorry to say was an FTE" - "Two Mikes One FTE!!" - I think that they heard that, all the way back here in NJ! Oh well, a slight gun problem took my head out of my run,,,so I at least had an excuse for myself. Happily, I got two sets of ears done by the best ear guy around (IMHO). On a Sad note: To the R.O's on Stages 9 & 10 and the Chrono, that didn't get Cookies, I'm terribly sorry! I ran out of cookies AGAIN this year, even after baking EIGHT dozen (two more than last year). Pretty soon, I am going to need a range cart just for the Match Cookie Bin!

The best part about the A-8 match??? I will say it a thousand times -it was the people in this sport (both the staff and the shooters)! They are, without a DOUBT, what makes USPSA so flippin fantastic! Although, getting to run around and shoot at stuff, helps put a little EXTRA fun, into it as well!

For me - sadly, My "Season" is over for the year as far as "Majors", but, I can't wait to see what is in store for next summer! Thank you everybody that worked the matches and for making my summer so great for ALL of us shooters! Best of luck to everybody that will be heading out to Nationals!

WelI,,,I pretty much just woke up from the weekend of: driving - shooting - and driving again, so please forgive my late post. Happily - over the weekend, I met up with some old friends, and, met some really excellent, new friends. Our squad was filled with our "regulars" so it felt like being at home, except I got to use bigger mag pads! All things considered, I shot "okay". As ALWAYS: The match staff was INCREDIBLE! For me,,,, the stages were a bit deceiving. They seemed pretty straight forward, until,,,,DOH!!!,,,"Um,,Excuse me Miss, but, that one over there in the corner,,,I'm sorry to say was an FTE" - "Two Mikes One FTE!!" - I think that they heard that, all the way back here in NJ! Oh well, a slight gun problem took my head out of my run,,,so I at least had an excuse for myself. Happily, I got two sets of ears done by the best ear guy around (IMHO). On a Sad note: To the R.O's on Stages 9 & 10 and the Chrono, that didn't get Cookies, I'm terribly sorry! I ran out of cookies AGAIN this year, even after baking EIGHT dozen (two more than last year). Pretty soon, I am going to need a range cart just for the Match Cookie Bin!

The best part about the A-8 match??? I will say it a thousand times -it was the people in this sport (both the staff and the shooters)! They are, without a DOUBT, what makes USPSA so flippin fantastic! Although, getting to run around and shoot at stuff, helps put a little EXTRA fun, into it as well!

For me - sadly, My "Season" is over for the year as far as "Majors", but, I can't wait to see what is in store for next summer! Thank you everybody that worked the matches and for making my summer so great for ALL of us shooters! Best of luck to everybody that will be heading out to Nationals!

I've come to look forward to the cookies! Best set yet, by the way.

Thank you!

It was nice meeting you with Aaron! Like the gun btw...see ya at Old Bridge