Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After banging around with major 3-gun matches for a few years I can say this one has set a new precedent. All big time match directors should take note and call Jeff for consultation. Outstanding job Pro/Am crew. The concept has taken 3-gun to the next level.

The camaraderie was like I've never experienced before. You guys know who you are.

The match sponsors and contributors, the LaRue lunch wagon, the side matches, the dinner sponsors (2 nites), the NRA shooters bag at registration... it was all over the top.

And... I ran into a buddy of mine who I shot with at Second Chance in the 2 man rifle event (circa 1985 when we each took home a Colt Gold Cup BTW). And 25 years later we meet again at the Pro/Am 3-gun.

How good is that.

I think it's going to take the rest of the week for me to decompress from this weekend. I've shot in our local club match for a couple of years now, but never anything like this one. I can honestly say that I haven't had this much fun in a long, long time.

I frequently tell people that aren't into shooting how great the folks are in the shooting community, and this match was that sentiment come to life. I feel very fortunate for getting to take part in the match, and having the chance to meet so many genuinely nice people.

I would like to thank each and every person involved in planning, organizing and working the event, as well as all of the sponsors involved in helping to make the match happen. Special thanks to the folks at the Rockcastle Shooting Center for their hospitality and to the LaRue Tactical crew for feeding folks all weekend!

Special thanks too to the guys in Squad 18. I couldn't have asked for a better bunch of guys to get to spend the weekend shooting with.

If I do nothing else next year, I will definitely be coming back to the Pro Am.

This was the best match I have ever shot or worked at Rockcastle. Jeff, Kurt, Trapper, Joe, Sandra, Linda, the Nobles, they are all top notch. For those am shooters that came through Stage 2, I hope you had fun. I had fun hanging with all of you.

NRA dudes, thaanks for the support. This game is the way to get gun owners off thier couches, and putting rounds down range. Keep coming out with your $$$.

Sponsors, Very impressive prize table, match, and stage sponsorship.

To my fellow RO Mr. Powers, you sir are a genius.

I looked on the Match website tonight to revisit the scores per each stage to just to soak things in a bit more and see exactly where I placed per stage. But , all the stage scores were not complete. Last entry was August 28. Anyone , know where completed scores are?

This was my best stage #2 using the Carbon Arms -twins load- and that great Vortex Carbon Fiber optic front sight ;)

Stage 7 with some slow Rifle work

you kids can catch me flipping my unloading round in the air at the end

Edited by AlamoShooter

This was my best stage #2 using the Carbon Arms -twins load- and that great Vortex Carbon Fiber optic front sight ;)

Smokin' run! I want to see some video of you loading with that chest rig.

Thanks

for the kind words

Mark has some of him in the Carbon Arms thread , I don't think I am any faster than Mark P.

Edited by AlamoShooter

After several emails, I realized I had not posted the Pro-Am Pairing Results here:

ProAm_Pairs.pdf

The final points for each randomly selected set of Pro Shooter and AM shooter were added together. Because there were 55 more Pro shooters than AM shooters, not every Pro could be matched with an AM shooter. Sorry about the delay. I am still travelling home.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2011 AR15.com-Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Statistician

Edited by LChico

We want to just say thanks to everyone at Rock Castle, Jeff Cramblit, Linda Chico, Kerrin Brinkman, all the sponsors and all the RO's for the awesome match they put together this past weekend.

I know we already told you this Jeff, but THANK YOU for putting the "fun" back into 3 gun. You created the blue print for others to follow.

Here is some HD match video from us.

Here is some idiot running around with guns in his hands. I didn't get footage of stage 5 where I did a jump dive/slide move into the long range position on that platform. Hopefully you will get to see it on Shooting Gallery sometime soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZT58Cx1UQw

Great Video!

This is what I like as the best video sets that includes the entire run with the start Beep. It gives us a chance to learn by taking each portion of the run to see how we can improve.

Jessy runs that Rifle like his gun is twice as light & his target are twice as close. <_< and his targets are twice as big :goof:

I am not going to get as fast as that , but I am always looking for the next thing to improve on.

Thanks

Edited by AlamoShooter

Here is some idiot running around with guns in his hands. I didn't get footage of stage 5 where I did a jump dive/slide move into the long range position on that platform. Hopefully you will get to see it on Shooting Gallery sometime soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZT58Cx1UQw

Great Video!

This is what I like as the best video sets that includes the entire run with the start Beep. It gives us a chance to learn by taking each portion of the run to see how we can improve.

Jessy runs that Rifle like his gun is twice as light & his target are twice as close. <_< and his targets are twice as big :goof:

I am not going to get as fast as that , but I am always looking for the next thing to improve on.

Thanks

Exactly, I was watching your Stage 2 video thinking the same thing. I figured out how you beat on my near perfect run. You shot a two more plates on the right from your second position which saved you a transition in your 3rd position. I had thought about doing that but wanted to wait until they plates were right next to me because several guys where missing a lot. Well that and your are super fast loading with that TwinS setup.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

After several emails, I realized I had not posted the Pro-Am Pairing Results here:

ProAm_Pairs.pdf

The final points for each randomly selected set of Pro Shooter and AM shooter were added together. Because there were 55 more Pro shooters than AM shooters, not every Pro could be matched with an AM shooter. Sorry about the delay. I am still travelling home.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2011 AR15.com-Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Statistician

Linda could you check my score it shows 331.65, if I am correct (which is always questionable) it should be 427.22.

Thanks for checking and thanks for assiting in putting on one of the most enjoyable matches I have ever shot.

Greg

Now thats what I'm talking about, video and pics going up everywhere, if thousands or millions get to see the pics all over the web the sponsors who had barricades or banners in there have to be happy, you guys are great,

I still need sleep

Jeff

MD (Ret)

Now thats what I'm talking about, video and pics going up everywhere, if thousands or millions get to see the pics all over the web the sponsors who had barricades or banners in there have to be happy, you guys are great,

I still need sleep

Jeff

MD (Ret)

Oh no you don't...you aren't retired...now you can start planning next years...get to work dude. We all support you. Go for it!!!

Edited by Mark R