Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

that shoot off look like it was alot of fun i wish i would of stuck around on sunday

+1. Had a ten hour drive...wasvtime to hit the road.

mine was only 8 hrs left after the am prize table got home at 5:30 sunday morning it was a long day but worth it

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We drove an hour to Nashville and hit the strip that evening. Damn that's a fun city especially if you enjoy live country music. I think we hit 8 different bars that had bands. Them we shook off the hangover and drove 9 hours back to OKC Monday. We will definitely be planning the Nashville stop in the way up and back next time we shoot at The Rock. I suggest the rest of you join us.

We drove an hour to Nashville and hit the strip that evening. Damn that's a fun city especially if you enjoy live country music. I think we hit 8 different bars that had bands. Them we shook off the hangover and drove 9 hours back to OKC Monday. We will definitely be planning the Nashville stop in the way up and back next time we shoot at The Rock. I suggest the rest of you join us.

2ND avenue in Nashville is bad ass. Ive killed many brain cells there.....

I definitely forgot about all my bad shooting from the previous 3 days as a result of that 2nd Avenue.

I definitely forgot about all my bad shooting from the previous 3 days as a result of that 2nd Avenue.

Yeah, u shot horrible.......:roflol:

Chartering a bus would be great.

But actually I liked the parties at Rockcastle during the match. And for those of you who missed the locals who played in the lobby on Saturday night, it was like being front row at the Bluebird Cafe.

Im getting tired doing all this reading.

Can we start an amateur thread for this match? They will be posted in random order. :roflol:

If you were an AM, that would have been funny. Think all those sponsors would want the AMs, and those new to sport (with new money), on a separate forum, not watching the pros and their pullover billboards? :sight:

fyi, that was totally a joke.

Im getting tired doing all this reading.

Can we start an amateur thread for this match? They will be posted in random order. :roflol:

If you were an AM, that would have been funny. Think all those sponsors would want the AMs, and those new to sport (with new money), on a separate forum, not watching the pros and their pullover billboards? :sight:

fyi, that was totally a joke.

Just got it, a thread that is amateur, not a thread for AMs. Now that is funny! By the way, just watched your video, nice job! :cheers:

I almost forgot to mention the one thing I REALLY REALLY loved about this match. There were no stinkin' prop guns in the match. All the prop guns were side matches. Brilliant!!! :cheers:

Barely 2 weeks past and I already planning and scheming for the next match. One of the local gun shops is getting ready to sell me 21” M2...they just don't now it yet. Maybe a 18” AR is in the future too.

Jesse, you mentioned Nashville and Music Row...The wife and I spent the weekend prior to Rockcastle in Nashville taking in 2nd Ave and seeing Uncle Ted (Nugent) at the Ryman. What a way to start off a great stretch of events! :cheers:

I was listening to Michael Bane's podcast last night of Down Rage Radio regarding this match. It really hit the nail on the head about 3 gun as it is today and how this match addressed the shortcomings of 3 gun as it is now. He talked about his past experience with 3 gun back in the day. Then compared it to a lot if the big matches we have now. He eluded to the fact that the big matches now are too athletic, too long range, and all around too difficult for the newbie shooter, which I had to agree with. He commended this match for it's simplicity and fun factor. He also talked about all the expensive race gear that we all use. That hit home with me as well. I shutter to think how much $ in guns, gear, and ammo I have in my truck this morning as I get ready to head out to Ozark. I almost think that crazy low round count IDPA Multi gun rule set with limited Round counts and small stages maybe exactly what our sport needs to grow it into the following that SASS has. This is probably enough for an entire new thread but I wanted to mention it here so you guys would go check out the podcast and give Jeff and his staff one more big addaboy and addagirl for a great concept and and even better match.

+1. i think the pro-am format, though it takes a lot more effort to set up, was incredibly new shooter friendly. this match was exactly what 3-gun needed to get new shooters like me into the sport.

also, the generosity of fellow shooters helps out a lot in terms of all the expensive race gear. i got a rifle and shotgun and race belt rig on loan from smoothdraw and wackodacko, and Dyno! gave me a crash course how to use a shotgun a few days before the match. the shooting community has always been very enthusiastic and those three folks in particular, along with a great first match experience, have gotten me hooked into 3 gun. :cheers: