Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

Hey Jimmy, remember they almost did not even call me until the girl drawing dug it out of the bottom :)

Glad you all posted about Dakota. Every time I saw something about him on TV I had one of those feelings like you have crossed paths but did not see how. He put me on the 1000 yard target on the 4th shot (may have hit the very bottom on 3 but not sure- center hit on 4) and would have had me on the other guy's target with #5 if I had done my part with the tigger. I knew I pulled that one just high.

First 1000 yard shot and the spotter was a Medal of Honor recipient! Wish I had known more about him at the time, but I am guessing that is not how he would have wanted it. Hope to be able to thank him some time in the future.

Glad I did not miss this match!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was waiting in line at the LaRue booth and witnessed his shooting abilities. One of the shooters was having problems hitting one of the targets - can't remember if it was the 1K or 800, but it was mentioned that something must be wrong with the rifle, scope or mount. He picked up the rifle and hit the 1K target offhand with his second shot...

I was waiting in line at the LaRue booth and witnessed his shooting abilities. One of the shooters was having problems hitting one of the targets - can't remember if it was the 1K or 800, but it was mentioned that something must be wrong with the rifle, scope or mount. He picked up the rifle and hit the 1K target offhand with his second shot...

this is very true! i was thanking my spotter for the chance to shot 1K again, when he hit the 1K standing free style unsupported and just said "yep it is on "then just put the 308 AR back on the ground.

this is very true! i was thanking my spotter for the chance to shot 1K again, when he hit the 1K standing free style unsupported and just said "yep it is on "then just put the 308 AR back on the ground.

That's awesome!!

Dakota Meyer Congressional Medal of Honor recipient?

So I may be a little slow to the game but was Dakota Meyer spotting at the Larue side match?

David E.

Well my jaw just hit the floor. I had no idea. He talked me onto the 1000 yard target in two shots. I'm absolutely flabbergasted.

Dakota Meyer Congressional Medal of Honor recipient?

So I may be a little slow to the game but was Dakota Meyer spotting at the Larue side match?

David E.

Well my jaw just hit the floor. I had no idea. He talked me onto the 1000 yard target in two shots. I'm absolutely flabbergasted.

That must be the coolest thing I have ever read on one of these forums.

Hey does anyone remember the vendor that was setup over next to the Larue trailer that had the Glock triggers? He had a sweet 34 that had grip enhancements with a built in magwell. Anyone?

DaG

Glocktriggers.com

Yep and the grip was done by Gripreductions.com

Thanks guys.

Why's everybody picking on me, no really, I feel the love and it is greatly appreciated. However I will be working on a new contract next year and work load will be greater than what I had this year and unfortunately I don't think I will be able to be the Match Director for this match again. I won't put my name on anything that I am not willing to make an absolute success and I just can't afford that much of my time on this again next year, but the template has been forged so it should be much easier for whomever picks up that torch.

That is not to say that the match won't happen, it was a team effort with Joe D., Nick and Nate and our great sponsors so they can and probably will make it happen again, I hope so. So you guys need to start working on Nick/ Nate to work out the details and all of you can volunteer to help. I just hope I have enough time to shoot this one and some of the others I gave up to make this years match happen.

I think the match was a tremendous success and thank you all for your support, that of the RO's, staff and sponsors. I don't think any other match has managed as many views, hits, video or comments across the web, that I think is how we put our sport on the map, let everyone else see the fun and make sure we are advertising for our sponsors and the sport will grow.

thanks all, see you soon

Jeff :cheers::devil::bow::wub::PB)

2011 3 Gun Pro AM MD (Ret.)

I wish Jeff would come back and do it again. Hopefully he can come back and shoot the match. Now that we have dates for BR3G and Rockcastle Shotgun, if Rockcastle would just give us an AR15 date, I can plan the rest of my 3 gun experience there next year.

What is the date for the BRM3G for 2012?

I wish Jeff would come back and do it again. Hopefully he can come back and shoot the match. Now that we have dates for BR3G and Rockcastle Shotgun, if Rockcastle would just give us an AR15 date, I can plan the rest of my 3 gun experience there next year.

What is the date for the BRM3G for 2012?

Im one of the folks that need to schedule vacation after Jan 1 and it would help me a ton if I just knew what weekend this match was going to most likely be next year.

• 2 weeks later...

I was told there is no open class on the AM side. Is that the way it will be next year? I dont want to have to go to the pro side as Im hardly qualified but will if thats what it takes. Also I know its not been formaly announced but is there a way someone could tell us which weekend that is likely to be involved next year. My company starts opening up vacation scheduling for next year in a few weeks. It would be really nice to be able to nail down the time off on my end before it becomes a headache.