Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

Yes,

Last I checked with Linda there were still a few slots on the PRO side, we are pretty much having a small revolving door of folks having to drop out for one reason or another and others still signing up, join the fun

jc

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one need a ride from central Tex. ? my buddy Mr Full Auto had to drop out for a military ex. in Korea

Thanks for the offers guys <_< and girls I now have the drive and room all worked out with a full truck

See Ya at the Rodeo

Anyone else in Pro shooting HM gear? I'm thinking about wimping out and shooting the SLP and CZ75, I need some peer pressure to get me back on the right track.

DanO

I had been leaning in that direction. Until Saturday. It appears that I can ring plates a lot quicker w/ a rifle that has one of those magnifying devices on top than with irons sights. I will be using such a device at the Pro-Am, but I'm not gonna like it.....

Still on the fence if I'm going to use my lovely Nova or an autoloader. The single stack will be staying at home in favor of a high cap .40.

I'd also like to add that Rockcastle and it's staff did a marvelous job of dealing w/ 400+ guests at this past weekend's Shooting Industry Masters. They will be ready for the hoards come end of August.

(They did run out of Blue Moon on Saturday night and I was literally forced to drink some fizzy water in a silver colored can, but I will accept the blame for myself not bringing something more fitting to drink.)

RO's will be shooting one month from today, the rest of you have one month and a day to practice. Me, I'm changing state of residence to KY for the next month, it will be grand, we did pick up a couple more sponsor friends this last weekend so all is good, let the construction begin :cheers:

Anyone else in Pro shooting HM gear? I'm thinking about wimping out and shooting the SLP and CZ75, I need some peer pressure to get me back on the right track.

DanO

I'm shooting AM with my LRP-07 and that's as close to HM as I get because I have a new 6" Fat Free 9mm that I want to shoot I'm sticking with my Salient M2 that I've only shot a few times. I know......I'm flying my Dad out shoot with me and he's never done this before so we are shooting AM together.

DanO

I plan to shoot my HM setup. I plan on having alot of fun. I thought about running my mouse/iron rifle (I don't own a scoped rifle), auto shotgun and favorite old single stack Colt, then I thought I probally wouldn't fare much worse with the whole HM rig, so HM it is (don't be eyeballing my shock buffs on the prize table).

Hurley

Started clearing some woods and setting some targets this weekend, nothing like a couple chiggers to make your day in the woods. We also built about 200 target stands for all that shooting, it was a bit warm but should be worth it

jc

Chiggers,

Man that brings back memories; I moved out of Kentucky in 1982, the navy didn't have any submarines there. I don’t think I’ve had a chigger bite since then.

I almost miss Kentucky until I think about the heat, humidity, rattlesnakes, chiggers and such.

Thanks for the hard work, looking forward to the match.

David E.

Chiggers,

Man that brings back memories; I moved out of Kentucky in 1982, the navy didn't have any submarines there. I don’t think I’ve had a chigger bite since then.

I almost miss Kentucky until I think about the heat, humidity, rattlesnakes, chiggers and such.

Thanks for the hard work, looking forward to the match.

David E.

David,

Add Ticks to that list. :angry2:

Started clearing some woods and setting some targets this weekend, nothing like a couple chiggers to make your day in the woods. We also built about 200 target stands for all that shooting, it was a bit warm but should be worth it

jc

How do you keep the ticks and chiggers off (Level 3 bio hazard suit) ? Or am I asking the wrong guy :)

Now that the setup is underway are there anymore thoughts about if we need to bring 4 wheelers etc. If we can drive up to each stage I don't want to travel with the trailer and mule. But I will bring it to keep from hiking in the summer heat.

jc

How do you keep the ticks and chiggers off (Level 3 bio hazard suit) ? Or am I asking the wrong guy :)

Bug spray (DEET) has worked for me and I have also run a flea and tick collar into the laces of my boots at past Rockcastle matches. Buy one and cut it in two and put half under the laces of each shoe. If you do this DO NOT allow skin contact as it can cause chemical burns if your sensitive.

Jeff, save some ticks and rattlers for me.

Bryan check the thread on the sniper match. I think Joe took care of the rattlers...........or ran them off the mountain into our shooting area.

I think he just ordered them away for his match, and as they were leaving he pointed and laughed at them.

No real need for the 4 wheelers (except RO's, to run down to paint targets between squads) as you will be able to park prety close to each stage, it won't be an issue. There is no Trooper class in this match, so you shouldn't have to act like it :cheers: I kept looking for the rattlers, of course I had a gun so none showed up :sight:

jc