Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

Per the rules on the website:

6. 3.2.6 Shotgun magazines capacity is unlimited, however only 9 rounds permitted in gun for loaded chamber start and 8 rounds in gun for empty chamber start.

No power factor- .223 minimum for rifle, 9x19 minimum for pistol. If they are really weak loads, you'll know it when the steel won't fall.

Good luck!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All stage descriptions say shotgun stages start with shotgun loaded to division capacity, that is 9 total for tactical and unlimited for PRO Open, not sure about the confusion?

no power factor but steel has to fall to score, any calibrations will be with full power ammo so let's not get silly try to gain advantage that may or may not exist, just trying to make it simple for everyone and fun :cheers:

jeff

2011 match director :devil:

Rifle question? I several rifles that sit in the safe begging to be shot and I just don't have much time to shoot them. I am shooting in amateur for this match and the rules don't allow the shooter to change rifles unless your rifle is broken/unable to fire. Since I'm shooting amateur and the prize table is a random drawing, could I shoot a different tac optics rifle for each stage or would this be a match dq once I shoot the second rifle. Perhaps I could just be eliminated from the prize table and not dq'd?

Rifle question? I several rifles that sit in the safe begging to be shot and I just don't have much time to shoot them. I am shooting in amateur for this match and the rules don't allow the shooter to change rifles unless your rifle is broken/unable to fire. Since I'm shooting amateur and the prize table is a random drawing, could I shoot a different tac optics rifle for each stage or would this be a match dq once I shoot the second rifle. Perhaps I could just be eliminated from the prize table and not dq'd?

a

You must love cleaning them. but no your not going to be allowed to do that. What you can do is bring them all and shoot them at the practice ranges, side matches etc and if you do have a weapon break you have a back up. While I realize that it is a random prize table match, the winners will be recognized.

You can always put all but one on the prize table & you worries are gone.

Hmmmmm.......I can't quite swing that but if you finish my 6" 9mm that you are building for me and get it to me in the next two weeks, I'll put my Glock 34 on the table :)

Edited by DMAC

The obvious answer is shoot more matches with different rifles.

The obvious answer is shoot more matches with different rifles.

I wish the solution was as obvious as the answer.

So after doing some stage planning (AM) and reading the rules again; is there a summation of the safe conditions for abandoning a firearm for this match? I read the USPSA multi-gun rules which references other USPSA rules.

So what is the down and dirty on abandoning from the shooter’s responsibilities (not looking for stage design)?

What I think:

Shotgun:

1. Loaded, safety on, in designated dump area with muzzle in the specified direction.

Or 2. Unloaded, in designed area. Safety on or off? Chamber open or closed?

Rifle:

1. Loaded, safety on, in designated dump area with muzzle in the specified direction.

Or 2. Unloaded, magazine out, in designed area. Safety on or off? Chamber open or closed?

Pistol:

Pistol without manual safety: (Glock)

1. Loaded in specified area with muzzle in specified direction.

2. Unloaded in specified area with muzzle in specified direction? Magazine out? Chamber open?

Pistol with manual safety:

1. Loaded, safety on, in specified area with muzzle in specified direction.

2. Unloaded in specified area with muzzle in specified direction? Magazine out? Chamber open?

In this match we will be abandoning the shotgun and rifle several times, just want to practice transitions the right way. I would hope the “right way” would apply to all matches.

Given the choice I would always abandon a rifle/shotgun loaded with the safety on realizing there is risk in knocking the safety off. Is this the best choice or always unload?

Thanks in advance,

David E.

Still need clarification on coupled mags. Do they need to be offset for true monopodding?

Or can we use the Firebird coupler which gives a wider base of both mags touching the ground?

Question is related to TacOpt.

Thanks.

Edited by shooterready

Coupled mags are cool, functional and there is nothing in our rules that makes them be offset, bring it on Firebird!

Abandoning, sorry the right answer does not apply to all matches, it is the shooters choice as to unloading or just putting the safety on, but the time saved is relatively small.

jc

JC,

First, thanks for all the hard work.

Could you possibly provide some dtails of the match:

1. Do you know when squads will be assigned?

2. Early in the thread there was talk of pairing Pro and AMs for a combined score/finish, any details?

3. Any details on the potential shoot-off(s) at the end, early in the thread there was talk of more competitors being in the shoot-off than in recent matches.

Just wondering.

Thanks

David E.

Linda typically does not do squadding until the a week or so before the match primarily because of turnover and such, I will check with her to see an about date for that

We are still looking at options on the pairing of PRO and AM for an overall team finish, it will be more of a fun and charity type event than serious, but will allow for some good PRO and AM interface and exchange

I am considering having a 3 man team shoot off event that everyone can enter or not, and run the AM's on Sun morning while the PRO's finish their last stage and PRO's shoot it while stats gets done, and letting the high AM team shoot off against the PRO's at some level of the shootoff ladder, I am just trying to see if all the timing allows, as I don't want to delay the finals and peoples travel departures, just trying to figure out how much fun will fit in one box, and how many AM's will stay to participate on SUN morning?

jc :cheers:

Target count for each stage and gun is included in the printable version of the stages, actual round count would have to be determined based on if you plan to shoot one A/B or two on each target and how many you plan on shooting at steel, I, personnally always bring extra to spread the wealth to noshoots and surround the steel before putting them down!! :sight:

Target count for each stage and gun is included in the printable version of the stages, actual round count would have to be determined based on if you plan to shoot one A/B or two on each target and how many you plan on shooting at steel, I, personnally always bring extra to spread the wealth to noshoots and surround the steel before putting them down!! :sight:

Sounds like we learned from the same playbook. :rolleyes:

Craig