Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

Well, won't be quite that much in the main courses of fire, BUT, I have been considering having an old fashioned team post shoot at the end of the match. 3 person teams, one with each gun, 6 teams on the line at the same time, first team to cut off :devil: (clean not attached any more) their 4x4 post wins the heat, and ladder up to a final shoot off, so with 18 people on the line at the same time feverishly blasting at their targets how many rounds do get shot in the first 5 seconds? :wacko: Hmmmmmmmmm that could take a bunch of rounds :sight:

Thoughts :cheers: ? A shoot off event everyone can enter :cheers:

How about winners get the brass and losers have to retrieve and sort it??

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, won't be quite that much in the main courses of fire, BUT, I have been considering having an old fashioned team post shoot at the end of the match. 3 person teams, one with each gun, 6 teams on the line at the same time, first team to cut off :devil: (clean not attached any more) their 4x4 post wins the heat, and ladder up to a final shoot off, so with 18 people on the line at the same time feverishly blasting at their targets how many rounds do get shot in the first 5 seconds? :wacko: Hmmmmmmmmm that could take a bunch of rounds :sight:

Thoughts :cheers: ? A shoot off event everyone can enter :cheers:

I've shot a few team matches like that with everyone using flintlock, black powder rifles. They are a lot of fun....(and with black powder guns its hard to see past the firing line before the match is finished) :roflol:

• 3 weeks later...

Spent a couple days at Rockcastle finding new places to run stages and figuring out how to have parking close to stage for the masses. The plan is coming together and prop construction is underway. :cheers:

Spent a couple days at Rockcastle finding new places to run stages and figuring out how to have parking close to stage for the masses. The plan is coming together and prop construction is underway. :cheers:

Why not run a zip line off the ridge and let us ride it down and engage targets. We can not let the folks on Top Shot have all the fun.

Zip lines are soooo yesterday's deal. I heard jeff is going to have us repelling from a Blackhawk on stage 6.

No one has yet to produce a zip line over a mile long which would not be difficult to add at this venue....actually doing a short one would be hard given the terrain at Rockcasle I could live with the Blackhawk....

I heard they are building a tower over one of the caves......you will be dropped from it on a free fall line and shoot targets on the way down by flashlight!!!!! Kinda like bungee jumping with guns.............

Edited by sbmd

I heard they are building a tower over one of the caves......you will be dropped from it on a free fall line and shoot targets on the way down by flashlight!!!!! Kinda like bungee jumping with guns.............

Larry has been hitting the KY bourbon too soon!!!:cheers:

I have never yet loved in Kentucky but I am never too old for a new experience.

I don't remember which side of the state line I was on....either KY or TN? Too bad, it wasn't ON the state line....could have knocked out two birds with one stone! :roflol:

Edited by djeffers

This is probably a question for the 3GN folks but if anyone else knows, please chime in.

Since there is only Tac-Ops and Open in the pro-division, can we shoot for 3GN points in Limited, HM, or HvyOPS if we use the proper equipment in the tactical optics or open division?

Or will this be a match with no Limited/HM/HO points awarded?

Edited by DyNo!

I would think unless the match is listed on their schedule the answer would be no. Kinda hard to award points for divisions not recognized by the match anyways.

"Affiliated matches for the 2011 season include: 2010 Adams Arms Ozark 3-Gun Championship, 2010 Fort Benning 3-Gun Challenge, Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun, DPMS-Bushnell Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun, MGM Ironman, JP Enterprises Rocky Mountain 3-Gun, AFCOM-Rockcastle Pro Am, 2011 Adams Arms Ozark 3-Gun Championship, USPSA Multi-Gun Championships, and the FNH USA Championships."

I'm missing something, the match is listed, you even listed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick flash, still getting in sponsors and shooters, lots of enthusiasm from all while up at Rockcastle for Bluwridge, most of us in Alabama are working to get life back to normal but I got power back and can get back to work on the match. Look forward to seeing you all and everyone that talked to me last weekend get busy and get in on the match either as a sponsor or shooter, with life's issues we are having a bit of turnover so will be working down the waiting list some

Also thanks to Troy for coming in as a Gold sponsor and looks like STI and Brownells are both shipping parts for the customs pistols that will be at the match, the snowball continuew to roll.

later, I got work to do

jeff

This is probably a question for the 3GN folks but if anyone else knows, please chime in.

Since there is only Tac-Ops and Open in the pro-division, can we shoot for 3GN points in Limited, HM, or HvyOPS if we use the proper equipment in the tactical optics or open division?

One of the changes this year was to not have the points division specific, so (afaik) you can shoot the matches in any divisions and your scores will be tallied up no matter what division they were from.

David,

I anticipate AM rifle shots will be out to about 250 yards at MGM flash targets probably 10", though some of the closer targets that will be smaller may be a greater challange, but certainly doable with a 16" iron sighted rifle. If you are getting 3-4" groups at 100 and stay in that moa range you should be fine out for the match

jc

Jeff what distance should Pro shooters expect?

IIRC - Jeff posted 350 for Pro.

David,

I anticipate AM rifle shots will be out to about 250 yards at MGM flash targets probably 10", though some of the closer targets that will be smaller may be a greater challange, but certainly doable with a 16" iron sighted rifle. If you are getting 3-4" groups at 100 and stay in that moa range you should be fine out for the match

jc

IIRC - Jeff posted 350 for Pro.

David,

jc

Thanks!

One of the changes this year was to not have the points division specific, so (afaik) you can shoot the matches in any divisions and your scores will be tallied up no matter what division they were from.

My understanding of the points system is that you get points for whatever percentage you finish in your division. Since there are no divisions at this match, if you chose to shoot HM or TI you are going to get whatever percentage you get based upon all the participants. It could be seen as a real disadvantage to shoot anything but TO at this match.

I plan on shooting irons anyway. My biggest disadvantage is my lack of talent, not my equipment.

• 2 weeks later...
post-169-017906600 1305578522_thumb.jpgParts are in for the custom pistols, here is a taste of the custom gun that Freedom Gunworks will be putting together for the AM table, remember random draw prize, on of those lucky AM guys will take this home once assembled :cheers:

My understanding of the points system is that you get points for whatever percentage you finish in your division. Since there are no divisions at this match, if you chose to shoot HM or TI you are going to get whatever percentage you get based upon all the participants. It could be seen as a real disadvantage to shoot anything but TO at this match.

I plan on shooting irons anyway. My biggest disadvantage is my lack of talent, not my equipment.

If that's true - then that just makes up for all the times they get the prize table advantage for shooting Heavy in other matches. :unsure: