Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 USPSA MultiGun Nationals

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Desert Sportsman Rifle and Pistol Club in Las Vegas will again be the host for the 2011 USPSA MultiGun Nationals on October 20-23, 2011. More details to follow but I wanted to get the dates out ASAP.

I like to see that the framewerk for this match is starting out this early !!!!! OUTSTANDING ... Larry :cheers::goof:

Desert Sportsman Rifle and Pistol Club in Las Vegas will again be the host for the 2011 USPSA MultiGun Nationals on October 20-23, 2011. More details to follow but I wanted to get the dates out ASAP.

Is this a four day match? Or just maybe the RO's will get to shoot this time.

• 8 months later...

The RO's don't shoot the match at all. (for a variety of reasons, none as nefarious as most people think, PM me if you're really interested) Not sure if they still need RO's or not. They normally use USPSA Nationals RO's for the matches.

Thanks

I have to work out Time away with my wifes trip, it will be another week or so before I know any thing

Talked to Linda yesterday. She is in the process of entering each competitor into the Self Squadding Database by hand. Needless to say, at least for those that have been in KY at Rockcastle for the last couple days, she's been a bit busy. She does have the registration file and it will be available soon.

The RO's don't shoot the match at all. (for a variety of reasons, none as nefarious as most people think, PM me if you're really interested) Not sure if they still need RO's or not. They normally use USPSA Nationals RO's for the matches.

last MG nats i attended, when i asked this question to some of the RO's, they told me it was to avoid a conflict of interest, them scoring you and you maybe being in the same class/division as them.

funny, it seems to work just fine everywhere else.

Robert: there's no wait list, you can still get in.

Edited by ken hebert

last MG nats i attended, when i asked this question to some of the RO's, they told me it was to avoid a conflict of interest, them scoring you and you maybe being in the same class/division as them.

The part about there being no wait list is true. The rest not so much. This was the BS rumor that I was trying to not let clutter up the thread. It is not to avoid a conflict of interest. There is no way we believe our RO's would be any less than completely honest even if they shot the match. The short answer is logistics and lack of interest. Getting the range set up and 100% correct in time to let all the RO's shoot all the stages in exactly the same configuration the competitors requires at least an extra day, if not two of range time. A few years back, when the RO's were shooting before the match, and it hasn't been that long ago that they did,there were only a few of them that did. Most just figured it wasn't worth the hassle to haul all three guns out for a day of shooting, which normally didn't count because they didn't have time to finish the stages, or something got changed and there was no time for a reshoot. The conflict of interest thing is absolute horse crap.

The part about there being no wait list is true. The rest not so much. This was the BS rumor that I was trying to not let clutter up the thread. It is not to avoid a conflict of interest. There is no way we believe our RO's would be any less than completely honest even if they shot the match. The short answer is logistics and lack of interest. Getting the range set up and 100% correct in time to let all the RO's shoot all the stages in exactly the same configuration the competitors requires at least an extra day, if not two of range time. A few years back, when the RO's were shooting before the match, and it hasn't been that long ago that they did,there were only a few of them that did. Most just figured it wasn't worth the hassle to haul all three guns out for a day of shooting, which normally didn't count because they didn't have time to finish the stages, or something got changed and there was no time for a reshoot. The conflict of interest thing is absolute horse crap.

ROs shooting the match is specifically allowed by the rules but to my knowledge has not been done at a MG Nationals since 2006. FWIW, the last 2 matches in Vegas were well done and worth attending and this one should be just as good.

Doug

6.5.2 Range Officials, match sponsors and other persons may compete for

score in a pre-match, subject to the prior approval of the Match

Director. Competitors in the main match must not be restricted from

viewing the pre-match. Scores attained in the pre-match may, at the

discretion of the Match Director, be included in the overall match

results provided the dates of the pre-match are published in the

official match schedule. (also see Section 2.3).

Edited by Doug H.

FWIW, I don't like it that ROs can't shoot the match for score. I'd rather be ROd by someone who HAS shot the match than not, but it ain't happening, at least this year. Tell your AD your opinions, convince him/her you are right and get them to voice your concerns. That is what the ADs are supposed to do for the members in their area. I've spent time talking to my AD on these issues, works better than typing it here...