Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15Targets Texas State Tactical 2-Gun Match

Scores!! need scores,,,

I just want to know how I did,,

two of what I think were my best stages,, did not count,,, so I would like to see how it came out from whom,, did get to shoot the stages,,

Our squad got to shoot all 10,,, lots of fun,, lots of shooting,, my son and I shot the match,, so it is double ammo trouble,,, I'll be in the re-loading room for a while,,

A great time!!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The match was great fun to shoot, and like all first time matches there was a bit of a learning curve, but the guys at AR15 targets did a good job of trying to roll with the punches and fix issues on the fly. I thought the stages were way fun to shoot, but a bit ambitious, a few less targets to speed up the reset, or possibly just make the match a 2 day match and there would have been no issues. Nick, Jeremy, and Josh plus all the RO's and staff did a great job of trying to smooth out the bumps and keep everything running smoothly. Relying on the electronics to call hits wihtout a back up system is not foolproof, stuff breaks and shooters want a fix immediately so having redundant systems helps tremedously.

I hope they don't get discouraged, because they can improve easy enough and no match runs without issues. I have offered to help with any logistics they may have for future events, and i hope they plan on another one, I know I will try my best to be there.

Good job guys, now aren't you glad its over!!!!!!!!!

start planning for next year.

trapr

Ditto,

Its got the bones for a good match; I cant imagine there werent valuable lessons learned by all involved in putting on the match. About the only thing Ill mention here is the score recording system. gotta have carbons. Also, paper, really should be looked at by the RO's and not just taped and scored by the competitors. Stage design was cool, I liked what stages I did shoot on Sunday, but they can be made a little easier to score based on design; ie paper placement. Hope to see you all next year.

The match t-shirts are very cool! RO's were busting butt and friendly, weather was nice, prize table was pretty dang good, and I also got inducted into Red-Neck Tactical.

And Trapr, thanks for the duct tape aka weaponlight mount. I have enough for 3 more night matches. heheh.

The match was great fun to shoot, and like all first time matches there was a bit of a learning curve, but the guys at AR15 targets did a good job of trying to roll with the punches and fix issues on the fly. I thought the stages were way fun to shoot, but a bit ambitious, a few less targets to speed up the reset, or possibly just make the match a 2 day match and there would have been no issues. Nick, Jeremy, and Josh plus all the RO's and staff did a great job of trying to smooth out the bumps and keep everything running smoothly. Relying on the electronics to call hits wihtout a back up system is not foolproof, stuff breaks and shooters want a fix immediately so having redundant systems helps tremedously.

I hope they don't get discouraged, because they can improve easy enough and no match runs without issues. I have offered to help with any logistics they may have for future events, and i hope they plan on another one, I know I will try my best to be there.

Good job guys, now aren't you glad its over!!!!!!!!!

start planning for next year.

trapr

Hey Trapr,

I wish you had been that gracious with your comments about our TXMG club matches...:)

trapr was graciously compensated for those gracious comments, by the gracious folks at AR15 targets. (not really)

Sheldon, I do not recall ever seeing an afteraction report on one of your local matches??? where would they be located at, and I'll post something :devil:

I'm looking forward to your big step into major matchdom!!!

trapr

Luke and I shot the match, all 10 stages we shot Saturday,,

Shooting shooting and more shooting,

One of the stages, was put on By Round Rock SWAT, After the match (Sunday), One of the Members of the RR Swat team, Pulled Luke Aside and Told him, He was doing a good job, Conducting himself in the Competition, and because of that Awarded him a Round Rock SWAT Coin,, Very Cool!

The rest of the story, is, , the SWAT APC was the second stage we shot, Luke DNF’ed on the first stage,

(He had a gun problem that he just didn’t know how to fix) He had to pull himself up by the boot straps, get his head back in the game and shoot the next stage. And all the rest of them. A life lesson of sucking it up and driving on. I proud dad I am,,

post-11233-017520900 1298334187_thumb.jp

post-11233-029285100 1298334217_thumb.jp

post-11233-053690100 1298334288_thumb.jp

One of the stages, was put on By Round Rock SWAT, After the match (Sunday), One of the Members of the RR Swat team, Pulled Luke Aside and Told him, He was doing a good job, Conducting himself in the Competition, and because of that Awarded him a Round Rock SWAT Coin,, Very Cool!

The rest of the story, is, , the SWAT APC was the second stage we shot, Luke DNF’ed on the first stage,

(He had a gun problem that he just didn’t know how to fix) He had to pull himself up by the boot straps, get his head back in the game and shoot the next stage. And all the rest of them. A life lesson of sucking it up and driving on. I proud dad I am,,

Some day I want to be as Cool as Luke :cheers:

Jim,

Luke is a fine young man - respectful, smart, handsome, and a damn good shooter too. Nothing at all like his old-man. :sight:

Seriously, you've got a lot to be proud of! :cheers:

I think his new nickname should be "Cool Hand Luke" - thanks for the inspiration, Jamie.

Fun match...wishing I had signed up for Saturday instead of Sunday though as I'd have gotten more trigger time. Of course then I wouldn't have gotten the bonus microderm abrasion treatment. My complexion looks much brighter today! :roflol: Some ladies drop big coin for those spa treatments - I only had to pay a match fee.

It was nice to meet some benoverse folk (Hi Kyle!) And of course it was good to see the usual suspects again. Thanks Darst for loaning me a high cap and a huge thank you to Jamie for coaching me thru the match.

The facility is awesome. I hope Jeremy and crew don't take so many lumps that they decide not to try again. That would be a pity so let's keep all the criticism on the constructive side. My .02

Had a great time at the match. The match staff stayed positive despite all the setbacks. A lot of things I liked about the match, the stages, food and water delivered, low entry fee, fancy targets, and good people. There were some lessons learned but I really hope the MD's take that experience and do it again next year. Some minor changes and the match could be even better.

The electronic long range targets with positive confirmation of hits were great. I was surprised at how the targets took no damage even from the .308's at close range. I examined a few closely after our heavy shooter got done with them early on in the day before the guys with AP rounds got to them. Shooting the match twice in one weekend was rough, I was actually kind of glad when I found out I only had to shoot 4 stages on Sunday.

Huge thanks to STI, I'm getting my first 1911 type pistol because of them. Oh, and a GP6 too :D

All I can say is that I ended up having a great time despite the loss of the stages. I just wished that I had performed better on the ones that ended up counting <_<

I had the opportunity to meet a lot of shooters and learned a lot from watching them.

I will show up for the next one and know it will be better with the lessons that were learned from this one. The tireless RO's kept this one afloat :bow: