Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blade-tech now offers a Race holster

DocMedic

I can do that with a Dremel tool. ;)

I've already done it to a old uncle mikes :roflol:

I'm sure the blade-tech holster is nice though. It's half the price as other "race holsters"

Yah but its $30 more than any other kydex holster with the front strap cut down.

It looks kinda cool, and like it has more adjustment. Blade Tech is a a good holster, I sure like the DOH. I would like to see this next to my DOH, to see if there really is any difference besides being cut down more.

Edited by Wild Gene

Looks good. it also looks as if the pistol would be more secure as the shooter moves around with the gun holstered, like three gun. seems like alot of "speed" holsters(i quote this cause im not completely convinced they make you that much faster, watch Todd Jarrett on youtube with his Blackhawk, Anyway..) could get you DQ'd if the pistol falls out since the trigger gaurd is the only thing secured. one thing is for certain IMO is that it will be built well, bladetech is a great holter maker.

Any odds this holster may be production legal?

•Suitable for everyday use. “Race gun” type

holster prohibited.

•May not be manufactured or cut lower than,

and must cover the slide up to, ½” below the

ejection port (belt slide “Yaqui” type holster

exempt).

Edited by DocMedic

I tried chopping down the front half of a standard blade-tech holster in this fashion a while ago. You have to run the tension screws pretty tight in order to securely retain the pistol from tipping forward when moving "vigorously". This extra tension needed to keep it stable pretty much negates the advantage of having the front cut out. If you have to wrestle the pistol out during the draw because the tension is set too high then what’s the point of having the front half cut out. A standard full length paddle holster with the tension screws set loose is plenty fast for drawing and there is no chance of your gun tipping forward or flying out unless you stand on your head.

I don't see how they can justify charging $30 more for this version of the same old holster. Especially when you can create the exact same thing with a dremel and about 10 minutes of work. The rake adjustment on this holster is a joke with only three positions and the front and back adjustments tilt the gun way too far either direction so they are essentially useless.

I don't like to put down products, especially when companies try to support the competition sports. But this being called a "Race" holster is a FAIL in my book.