Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

most accurate 9mm barrel?

1911vm

I called SA on Friday in custom shop. I spoke to Deb she was very helpful. She tould me there suggesting the SA mach barrel. She said they are not seeing an accuracy difference between that and barsto barrel. And they expect 2in @ 25y. For $190

• 2 months later...

Has anyone Ransom-tested the various barrels?

KKM makes the most accurate barrels for the Beretta 92 Hardball guns. They shoot 2"@50yds, no problem. As they should, being $2500.00 pistols. They are also very forgiving with ammo. The Bar-Sto's tend to be ammo picky for ultimate accuracy.

The guys at KKM told me last year that the XD barrels are in the works.

I have Kart, Schuemann, and Nowlin barrels in my other guns. All were fitted by known pistolsmiths. All shot 1 inch or less at 25 yards. My stock STI Trojan shoots 1.25 inches or less at 25 yards. Scott did the original work on my XD, if and when I replace the barrel, I will have him do it with the barrel of his choice.

• 4 weeks later...

I was pretty happy with my Bar-Sto, that is until the lug seared off this afternoon. I emailed Scott Springer, who did the install, and he said they had a recall on the XDM 9mm barrels and that I should contact them for new barrel and fitting. I called them but they only work mon - thur. I also used the "contact us" link on their web site, it said to wait 3 weeks for a response, yikes.

post-28326-059654700 1298681199_thumb.jp

I was pretty happy with my Bar-Sto, that is until the lug seared off this afternoon. I emailed Scott Springer, who did the install, and he said they had a recall on the XDM 9mm barrels and that I should contact them for new barrel and fitting. I called them but they only work mon - thur. I also used the "contact us" link on their web site, it said to wait 3 weeks for a response, yikes.

When did you get the barrel? Do you know what period the recall was issued?