Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 MGM Ironman

Two things....

#1 Any news from the match?

#2 I can not remember if we can drive close enough to the stages to not need/want a cart.

Thanks

Patrick

Can walk onto stages from your car within 30 yards at most.

Winners:

Trooper, Anderson

Limited, Gibson

Heavy, Dueck

Open, Voight

Citizenship award, Outzen

Burkett got second open and the 3GN shoot-off spot and is staying to shoot Tac-Scope for the first time ever. Carbon Arms loaned him a loading vest and shotguns. Hoping for a Burkett v. Burkett match-up in the 3GN shoot-offs. :roflol:

Slugs and Buckshot are important!

Don't grab the cable on the zip-line. :surprise:

Good luck to all the Tac-Scope guys!

Edited by MarkCO

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries, I just wanted to be sure to give credit where credit is due to two great sponsors. I saw many folks picking up Crimson Trace laser grips and Surefire products from the prize table, too. They really stepped up, and the stage was a great way to demo both companies' products.

This was certainly the most logistically efficient and organized Ironman I've attended. We were done shooting by 6:30 the first two days, and scores/prizes were done rapidly the last day as well. I think a good balance has been struck between making stages longer and more challenging than most 3-gun matches, and still making it so everything runs on schedule.

The stages presented a good mix of accuracy based shooting and hosing. I liked the stages that combined going from mowing down a bunch of targets rapidly to precision shots with tight no-shoots and small targets.

I got POV footage of all the stages and will be uploading them in the following days.

The level of competition in Trooper division has definitely been upped. I'm glad to see the division I helped create attract more shooters in general and more upper tier shooters. Congrats to Chuck on the win, and Ben proves that it isn't entirely an arms race in Trooper by finishing second with his Tac-Scope division gear. Anyone who finishes in Trooper at Ironman can consider that an accomplishment regardless of placement.

This was a great match despite all the issues that I had with equipment. Only goes to show the even Xrail's can jam up like any Saiga, luckily Mark Roth was there to take a look at my xrail.. Too bad we couldn't do anything about it as Trooper forbids him handing me a new spring.. Even the Benelli turned into a bolt action on my last stage :wacko:

I can't wait for trooper 2012! I would never want to shoot this match in any other division.. unless I have enough ammo to followup into Tac Optics :cheers:

Burkett got second open and the 3GN shoot-off spot and is staying to shoot Tac-Scope for the first time ever. Carbon Arms loaned him a loading vest and shotguns. Hoping for a Burkett v. Burkett match-up in the 3GN shoot-offs. :roflol:

Slugs and Buckshot are important!

Don't grab the cable on the zip-line. :surprise:

Good luck to all the Tac-Scope guys!

:roflol:

Travis,

Just wanted to say, GREAT MATCH!!! Thank You to You, Your Family and All Your Staff and Thank You to ALL of the Match Sponsors!!! The Iron Man continue's to improve and evolve year after year.

Congrat's on getting into the shoot-off too!

Best Regards,

Jeff Scott

GREAT match. It was my first iron man. RO'd the first match and broke my toe. Still shot the second match and finished about 23 from the bottom. But I had a great time shooting and walked away with a certificate for a supressor from gem tech. Thanks to Travis, Mike and everyone that makes this match possible.

To Robert King: As an CRO on stage 6 I think you were the hardest working shooter even with a broken toe! You are a credit to all of us. You had my vote as the best sportsman for sure.

Travis,

Sure glad I got to shoot and then RO...I could not do it the other way around:-) MGM gave all the ROs skinny auto poppers as gifts and let us not forget the ESS MGM Ironman Custom ICE Copper glasses. Man I love sponsors!

Great match, great sponsors, great location. I (as an CRO) got to talking to a shooter about his scope and when the timer went off his rifle didn't fire so he went on the fix the problem, "load", so I just stopped him and took the blame for not letting him prepare properly/distracting him under make ready. Now at a USPSA match I would have to just let the shooter eat the time. Man I love the Ironman! I really like how fathers/friends can coach their sons/family during the stages. Just makes the shoot better I believe.

Thank you Earl for running the tower during the second half so I could run stage 6, I believe the "Virgina Count Baby" was a great stage but seemed non Iron-Man like...but I was wrong...again:-) It was a really great stage to run/work and shoot!

Thank you Travis Gibson for all the support and taking on the duties of master of ceremonies/range master/shooter and just a great guy. Without your devotion to duty and love for the sport where would we be?

You will always have my support as long as I can work...Oh, and thank you for volunteering to work the North West Multi-Gun Challenge 9 and 10 July in Albany, OR for both Doug and I.

God bless,

RLTW,

Scott

Another fantastic year! I loved the new stages even though I forgot my kneepads on the “Whack-a-mole” stage. :wacko:

I send a huge thank you to all the RO’s, Tony T and the stats people, Eric, Travis, Mike and the entire Gibson Family for everything they do for this match and the sport of 3 Gun!

Can't wait until next year, cuz my fun meter is still pegged~!

Wow!

This was my first year shooting Iron Man, I didn't place all that well, but I survived.

I want to thank everyone involved, Mike, Travis, the stats people, the R.Os and everyone that worked so hard to put this match on.

I would not have finished if it wasn't for the help of all these individuals, Thank-You.

I shot with a few of the newly formed Benelli team, Jeremy Parker and Ben Fortin. I can't say enough about these fine young men they coached me and helped me through the stages as well as loaning me their match shotgun when my M-1 went down. There was another individual who I only know as "Pete" some kind of S.F. guy, I owe him a lot. I could not have finished with out his help.

I hope this is the way the sport is going, because if it is we are in for a good long run. Guys if you ever get out to CA look me up at the X3 match I will take good care of you.

Scott Hawkins, your'e the man. I would love to shoot with you sometime.

Frito and I are already making plans for next year.

Again thank you to everyone and hope to see you all next year.

Sammy Out!

Thanks everyone for a awesome time. Learned a ton, met some great people that i hope to shoot with more often and had more fun than a guy could ask for. This was by far one of the most well ran shoots i have been to and by far the largest. I dont know how you guys do it!

Thank's again Travis and crew..

Edited by Seekins