Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is this Moon Ciip Holder Uspsa Legal?

IPSC_PRO

I just want to make sure before purchasing five more of these, and I don't want to pay money for something I can't use for uspsa competition. I was sent one for free to do a product review on and I got to keep it. It's too bad but I'm not sure I would be getting this had I not tried it out for myself and it is exactly what I am very comfortable with. Because it's only a two post holder, I can move it any where along my belt, front, side, or back. The design is simple and fast and easy. I can load the holders or pull clips off without looking. I used to line up my mags when I shot production from the side to my back, so thats how I plan on lining up these units on my belt. That means six times twelve equals 72 rounds. No doubt enough rounds for any stage and allowing for misses and strategic reloads. When I am convinced this is 100% uspsa legal, I'm ordering. There may be other systems out there but I feel very comfident that this product will keep me in competition with all of them. And the last reason I love this product. It feels so comfortable for me and fun especially now that I have swithed to the weak hand reload technique. The motion of pulling semi auto mags and now moon clips it just about the same. I just did a product review but I am really only interested in one thing right now. Is it uspsa legal? tia Ken the revo enthusiat even though he hasn't shot one uspsa match in revo yet. God help me. I can't shoot yet;( oh yea and here is the link.

http://www.revolversupply.com/documents/moon_clip_holders.html

Edited by IPSC_PRO

I believe they are. If you're going for the "post" moon clip holders, why don't you get this one instead? This is the choice of champions :)

http://northmountaincoredrilling.com/Order.html

You should get the Five Long Post model that can carry 10 moonclips. More than enough for almost all stages.

Jerry Miculek uses this : http://speed-e-rack.com/ so you know it has to be good.

Edited by robot

Comes down to personal preferance I guess. If the the ones you guys are suggesting are legal, I'm deducting that the ones I want to get are too. Thanks for your input. It's all good;) Ken I just decided I want to get higher end equipment. Equipment that I will like and not put me at a disadvantage if any against other shooters. The key to me getting the ones from revolversupply.com is that I tried his moon clip holder first hand. And for me there is not guess work involved. I know exactly how it works and I like it and am happy with it. He took a chance by giving me one to try out and for this one time, it will pay off for him. Nothing like trying something out first hand. And I really worked it good throughout the day, thinking, practicing, and reseaching other products and checking out their prices too. My question was anwered. Thank you again.

Bob Perdue invented the design that you are looking at. He is North Mountain Moon Clips. What you have is a rip-off of Bob's design. Bob is a close personal friend of most of us revolver guys, he supports us and the sport. You are not going to get much "love" here when we see a knock off of Bob's design. The people who "designed" your moon clip holder may be nice people as well, its just that most here have already made a choice to go with Bob's product. Good luck and welcome to the revolver world.

Tom

Edited by Tom Mainus

What you have looks just like Bob's design, I have used North Mountain products and known Bob for years and I would go with him. Nothing against the other company, I just am loyal to those who are loyal to me, Bob's customer service is second to none.

I understand the situation. It sounds very sensitive indeed. I had no idea it was like that. I said what I said in all honesty. I tend to treat people the way they treat me. But sometimes things like this happen. If it is a legal issue of a patent being infringed upon then action should be taken. I really would rather not get involved in disputes like these but at the same time I don't take kindly to people who try to pressure me as to what I should or should not do either. In the end we all have to live our lives the best we can until we die. We need to pick and chose what battles are worth fighting for. I like the product. I explained why. No one else needs to like it if they don't want to. I respect what others say and hope they will respect what I have to say as well. When I post, no one needs to respond. I am thankful to those who do. I really like being around others who like revolvers because I feel revolver shooters are like a brotherhood. We all get it. I have come full circle. Shot limited minor with my hk usp 9mm, then to 1911 .45acp, then to .38super comp racegun, then to production with the same hk usp 9mm(It has a decocker, so I can shoot the first round in double action), and then finally revolver. My only regret is that I didn't start revolver sooner. My son has the opportunity to accept the challenge of shooting revo. He's the type to excel if he really wants to do it. If he shoots revo, at least I'll have him to talk revo to in person. Air rifle is his thing now but the season just ended. I'll be getting a competion legal air rifle soon. Wow I kinda went all over the place with that one. Peace all. Ken out. I still can't shoot;( dang, dang, dang!

I would be hesitant to buy from any company that would steal someones design and market it.We have dealt with North Mountain for years and have found Bob a great guy to deal with and he stands behind his product.However one of the brand X versions may be a good holder for a mexican Rolex

Steve

I can say that in shooting maybe ten matches where Bob was present, I've seen him personally give away two holders to customers that had a problem. Hard to beat that kind of service and respect for the folks that buy from you. Plus, awesomestache.

On the legal question, if it goes on your belt, it's legal. That's about it for the rules on clip holders.

H.

Let me run it down for you like this. Bob's design is the best because: 1) it has adjustability in the fat boy one, 2) it has techloks, 3) your not going to get beat down by the other 10 revo shooters :D. I just picked one up at Shooters Connection the other day. People that know me know that I'm adamant about supporting those that support us in anyway possible. When I see something like this, and its not your fault, it upsets me! I was going to buy some moon clips from them but not now. I'll just call north mtn up like I should have done in the first place. Trust me I don't think you'll like the result if you show up to a match where there are some serious revo shooters shooting a knock off of Bob's product.....I'm just saying :ph34r:

+1 On Bob's product. I'm a loyal user and the product is excellent, as is the customer service. Not to mention Bob is a great guy who supports AND plays the sport, as well as RO'ing, and gave me a ride back to Quincy at the '06 Nationals to drop off a rental car, AND has a awesomestache!

I would be hesitant to buy from any company that would steal someones design and market it.We have dealt with North Mountain for years and have found Bob a great guy to deal with and he stands behind his product.However one of the brand X versions may be a good holder for a mexican Rolex

Steve

And what is wrong with the mexicans? A politically correct statement would be "a knock off Rolex". By the way I use North Mountain Moon Clip Holders and customer service is number 1.

Dean Gomez

I can only add that Bob sent me his moonclip holder to try with the understanding I coudld use it until I decided if I liked it or not. If I wanted to keep it send him a check, if not send the holder back. Bob did the same thing for the "body challenged model" as well as the holder for the 10 round .22LR speed loaders. I would not only refuse to buy the rip offs of Bob's moonclip holders but anything else that has been copied from the original, patented or not.

Honor and intergrity use to mean something to people. What happened?

Let me run it down for you like this. Bob's design is the best because: 1) it has adjustability in the fat boy one, 2) it has techloks, 3) your not going to get beat down by the other 10 revo shooters :D. I just picked one up at Shooters Connection the other day. People that know me know that I'm adamant about supporting those that support us in anyway possible. When I see something like this, and its not your fault, it upsets me! I was going to buy some moon clips from them but not now. I'll just call north mtn up like I should have done in the first place. Trust me I don't think you'll like the result if you show up to a match where there are some serious revo shooters shooting a knock off of Bob's product.....I'm just saying :ph34r:

Not much chance of me leaving this rock any time soon or ever again for that matter. Well maybe Oahu because that is where our state match is held every other year. And the island of Kauai because I have never been there. I went to school in the east coast and visited my sister and brother in law in Montana and Boise, Idaho. And my college friend invited me to watch the cowboys in a playoff game in Houston. My reality is that I will probably be shooting on this rock(Maui) or the main rock(Oahu) and that's it.

I really don't like the, "Hey don't be his friend because we don't like him, and if you are going to be his friend then you can't be friends with us" mentality. Life is too short. I'm 54 and this body of mine seems to betraying me. Almost broke my neck twice bodyboarding at Makena(Big Beach)here on Maui. When I played football in highschool, I almost broke my back when I got caught in a bad position making a takle and it seemed like the whole team was on top of me.

Steve

And what is wrong with the mexicans? A politically correct statement would be "a knock off Rolex". By the way I use North Mountain Moon Clip Holders and customer service is number 1.

Dean Gomez

One of my best friends from college, Gary Avila, was a great guy. He took me down to Talahasee, FL to visit his grandparents over Christmas break. That ment a lot to me, being so far from home and all. I miss him. Haven't seen or heard from him in over 30 years.