Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need some new shooting pants

Corey

I use the tru-spec pants and shorts, have been for about 3 years now and love em. In fact I wear the shorts all the time during the summer, as the front pockets are big enough for my kahr. I would say that the sizes run a little big, but they have elastic in the waist so there is about 1" of play. It makes it nice when you carry IWB and then wanna wear your pants when your not carrying.

Tru-spec, 5.11 Tactical, Woolrich, Eotac all have great products that have the fit and features that come in handy for the games we play . . . just be on the look out for cheap third world imports . . . I know a local FBI firearms instructor who thought he was getting a great deal on 5.11 pants, after he washed them once they came apart in the washer and he discovered that he purchised 511 chinese knockoffs.

if the deal your getting seems to good to be true . . it just might be. . . . right now LA Police gear has a great 5.11 tactical pants deal going for $20.00 a pair.

I love my Vertx pants for shooting sports. I am also excited because they are coming out with a lightweight material for summer.

I have been eying the TruSpec pants as well.

5.11's just don't fit me very well.

+1 or 2 on the Vertx pants. I wasn't all that sure about the 2% spandex in them when I ordered, but my wife assured me that this is a nice feature (evidentally some women's jeans have spandex in them?). So far they've been comfortable and durable, and I like the low-profile casualness (is that a word?) about them.

Thats good news about the summer weight material. I was wondering if they were going to do that.

Got a pair of the Blackhawk TNT pants from midway a couple weeks ago(@ $25 on clearance)and really like them, better than my 5.11s at least. They have an elastic sliding self adjusting waistband, very comfortable. They don't look as GI joe as the 5.11 and whatever material they are doesn't pick up dirt so they still look pretty good, even after going prone. Wear 'em to work and they just look like normal khakis.

I like my Columbia ROC pants. LAPoliceGear.com has them on closeout for $16.99, a screaming deal.

Edited to add: Now that I think about it, I don't shoot much in these pants as the belt loops are not optimized for holster and mag pouch placement in production. If you used one of those velcro two piece belts it wouldn't matter.

Edited by fiddler

I don't think they do the zip off legs, but I can't say enough good things about the EOTAC pants. I tried 511 Tactical pants and they just didn't work for me. Nice pants but the fit wasn't right (waist band to high, i like a lower waist band so it doesn't impede with my belly B) ).

Thumbs up on the EOTAC pants and proper "tactical tummy" clearance! :cheers: Just got a pair yesterday and am much more impressed with the fit, finish, and pockets on them than my TRU Spec EMS pants. I went with the "heavy" ones for winter, but will be ordering a pair of lightweight ones for Spring.