mossburg 930

benny hill

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, they told you soon in May!

They must of been using the geologist's version of soon! :rolleyes:

Well I may have to steel my dad's Rem 1100 for now then. Eager to hear what you can report after you get your hands on it.

Edited by EvilBetty

I just "torture tested" my 930 that has the non-ported barrel that I was lucky enough to have gotten from etna while she was there. I went and shot a 100 shell clays course (14 stations with 2 throwers each, some rabbits) and SHARED my gun with my wife's uncle. So over 200 shells went thru it without a hitch and it was 91 degrees and humid. I didn't clean it and a buddy wanted to try it out. He shot another 35 shells, all good. We were using some cheap #8 WalMart stuff and some 7.5 Winchester super-heavy target mixed in. This thing is a crocodile- eats anything and keeps going.

Edited for typos

Edited by ChristianHE

What are folks using for spring lengths on the +4 NC extension?

Also, are there any tricks for installing the extension? Mainly corralling the 4' of spring?

I put it all together just to see it and check it out, and immediately regretted it, lol. I just have to take it all apart again to send out the barrel.

Thanks

Vince

What are folks using for spring lengths on the +4 NC extension?

Also, are there any tricks for installing the extension? Mainly corralling the 4' of spring?

I put it all together just to see it and check it out, and immediately regretted it, lol. I just have to take it all apart again to send out the barrel.

Thanks

Vince

I assembled the extension tube (Nordic +4) on the gun and cut the spring to leave 16" sticking out the end of the extension tube (this is in the directions for the Nordic tubes).

With the standard length end cap it loads 8 very easily and has enough slack after the 8th round to get about 1/2 of a 9th round in. This was using the standard 930 follower.

Edited by njd

I assembled the extension tube (Nordic +4) on the gun and cut the spring to leave 16" sticking out the end of the extension tube (this is in the directions for the Nordic tubes).

Just to be clear: You assembled it without the follower, and measured the spring extending out of the loading port.

Got it thanks.

Vince

Vincent, put the folllower in the tube, stick the spring in the tube and put the extension next to the spring like how it would be on the gun and cut the spring about 10 inches past the end of the extended tube.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Done, thanks. Was bored this AM, so I attacked my 12hr old gun with a dremel and sandpaper. That and the spring cutting made loading MUCH nicer.

Thanks

Vince

Just to be clear: You assembled it without the follower, and measured the spring extending out of the loading port.

Got it thanks.

Vince

Actually, everything is assembled except I leave the +4 extension end cap off. Drop in follower followed by spring, trim spring, screw on end cap. I will probably not LocTite the end cap on - I'm going to try a tiny amount of some thick anti-sieze paste first.

Rocked my 930 at the range today. SO MUCH WIN! I have VERY little experience in multi-gun, but out of the 3 shotguns I've run, my 930 is head and shoulders above the rest. The stock M2 chewed my thumb up and was way tougher to load. Recoil was close, I would say the 930 is softer, but I was running the stock 28" ported barrel today. My Saiga actually ran like a champ today, but It's just not at the level I can trust it in competition yet. (close though!)

We set up a stage of steel and ran about 3 boxes of ammo through it. My thumb and shoulder are non the worse for wear!

Cheers

Vince

Got an email reply from Mossberg (sent last week) asking about the competition model 930.

"Thank you for your e-mail. Sir we only know that this model will be available by next year. "

Email that I got from mossberg said it will be out by late summer. I just wish someone had a ballpark price of what they will cost

Edited by sdm74

Got an email reply from Mossberg (sent last week) asking about the competition model 930.

"Thank you for your e-mail. Sir we only know that this model will be available by next year. "

Email that I got from mossberg said it will be out by late summer. I just wish someone had a ballpark price of what they will cost

+1 :(

+1 :(

+2

man, you think? was hoping much cheaper than that. Take a $450 930, add a mag extension, new bolt handle, and maybe weld up the lifter? For $950, I think I'd have to jump on a FN or Benelli (or just do it myself)

Edited by heckofagator