Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What happened to my trigger?

LINC

Glock 35, trigger pull was decent but recently after shooting I noticed that the trigger became very stiff. Didnt think it was going to break. Since then I have cleaned it completely twice. The last time I polished up all the trigger parts to see if it would help. I replaced the aftermarket trigger spring with the stock one to see if this helped but no luck. I dont have a gauge but would guess the trigger pull has to be 10 lbs. It is like hitting a brick wall. Gun has 5k rounds or so through it. After market parts include: Glockworx trigger spring and connector, lonewolf barrel, dawson mag well and some grip tape. I havent done anything else besides shoot it. Any ideas on what the problem could be? Thanks for any help.

Have you carefully lubed the interface between the connector and the trigger bar. Some Glocks I've seen with crazy heavy pulls had some galling in that area due long term lack of lube in that spot. Also check that the trigger bar has not bent and is rubbing excessively on the inside of the frame.

:cheers:

Curtis

Well i put it back to stock as i could, couldnt find the stock connector. Seems to have enough lubrication. Only thing i noticed is the connector is bent out towards frame a little. I couldnt remember if it was supposed to be that way or is that my problem?

I think Bayou has the answer on this. Try to compare the trigger bar with another Glock or with a friends. Also, if you had to force the slide on and the firing pin safety was stuck-it could bend the trigger bar in. The connector should be out a little bit. Did you rack it with the trigger pulled all the way back?

I agree with this. I had a similiar problem recently, and that's exactly what it was. I took it apart, cleaned the area up, polished it like crazy with flitz (by hand), and put a little lube on there. Good as new.

Have you carefully lubed the interface between the connector and the trigger bar. Some Glocks I've seen with crazy heavy pulls had some galling in that area due long term lack of lube in that spot. Also check that the trigger bar has not bent and is rubbing excessively on the inside of the frame.

:cheers:

Curtis

I went back through it and compared the trigger bar to the other glock and everything looked ok. I put a little mobil 1 (I had hoppes on it) and it seems to have fixed it. Still pretty heavy but nothing like it was, thanks for all the tips.

I went back through it and compared the trigger bar to the other glock and everything looked ok. I put a little mobil 1 (I had hoppes on it) and it seems to have fixed it. Still pretty heavy but nothing like it was, thanks for all the tips.

If the angle is correct on the connector try another connector.

Like Duane said, check to ensure that the firing pin safety operates freely. Old solvent and oil inside of the slide can trap carbon, which then can get almost as hard a mortar. This can prevent the fring pin safety from operating freely. With the firing pin safety impeded, this could make the trigger harder to pull. Maek sure that no (I mean none) oil gets in the firing pin channel or the hole for the firing pin safety. This oil/solvent/carbon mixture can render a Glock non-funtional.

I believe the last thing I changed was putting the lone wolf barrel in it. I think I just cleaned the gun too good. I just cleaned it with hoppes and thought that was good enough but looks like it was too dry. Of course it hasnt been a problem till now. After I dry fired it some and shot it today its back to where it was. Thanks to all for the tips.