Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA's new website

MikeFoley

How are we supposed to attract people to this sport when there are 4-5 pics on our homepage, and every single one shows someone shooting an open gun? I have as nice an open gun as money can buy, but far more people get into this sport with Glocks and 1911s than $4K equipment. This wouldn't stop me, but everyone in the game doesn't shoot OPEN, and that is the perception. Prospective new shooters don't know that they compete against like equipment. Geez.

its the first day the site has been active. im sure as time progresses, they will be able to have more pictures of us regualr joes shooting non open guns. They have functional things to worry about before they get into cosmetic details

Hey, I hadn't even noticed that when confronted with the fact that they buried access to the classifier results, most useful material I go there for, and to log in now requires information I don't have instead of the usual. It also ahs fun things liek two online store links on the front page, one of which goes nowhere. 

The frequent destination pulldown or whatever it was called was probably the most useful addition to the old site. Now they didn't just remove it, but buried everything you got to through it. 

The design might be less dated, but it still isn't good. 

classifier lookups are done thru the member support area. just enter your number and hit the button. between the member support and the club support (onling squadding link, etc) those 2 areas will most likely handle the majority of the regular joe's needs on there

Geez, it's only been up a few hours, of you see an error or omission or have a general suggestion, fire off an email to Dave Thomas or one of the other staff at USPSA. They are really nice people and would probably welcome some help troubleshooting the site.

Wait... are you saying I don't have to have an "Open" gun to shoot USPSA?

I actuality know people that don't know there are other devisions being the so many pictures (in general) are just Open shooters. Where are the Production guys?

ETA: Open guns do look cooler though...

Edited by TruePunisher

Geez, it's only been up a few hours, of you see an error or omission or have a general suggestion, fire off an email to Dave Thomas or one of the other staff at USPSA. They are really nice people and would probably welcome some help troubleshooting the site.

Good idea, I'll email Dave. Only one problem, I cant find a list of contacts. :unsure: Is it somewhere and I cant find it? :surprise:

Nice looking Home Page its just going to take some time getting used to it.

How are we supposed to attract people to this sport when there are 4-5 pics on our homepage, and every single one shows someone shooting an open gun?

+1

I had a big ole post typed out earier, and backed off it. Had a pithy picture to go with it.

How are we supposed to attract people to this sport when there are 4-5 pics on our homepage, and every single one shows someone shooting an open gun? I have as nice an open gun as money can buy, but far more people get into this sport with Glocks and 1911s than $4K equipment. This wouldn't stop me, but everyone in the game doesn't shoot OPEN, and that is the perception. Prospective new shooters don't know that they compete against like equipment. Geez.

At the risk of crashing the site, I'd love to see my picture pop up on there every now and then.

They need to put the club name drop down list back on the Match Results Page. The way it is now you have to know what the club code is.

Agreed. This was an oversight and it will be corrected - soon.

How are we supposed to attract people to this sport when there are 4-5 pics on our homepage, and every single one shows someone shooting an open gun?

It sounds like you have been reading the emails between HQ and the development team. The issue will be addressed.

I agree with what has been said up to this point.

My question is why is there still a panel on the left of the screen.

Remember the old page where they had a navigation screen that always stayed there. I still get it, but with the new website in there.

Everytime I hit the home button it adds another one of these screens. Lesson: don't hit home 4 times or you will have to scroll right just to

see what you where looking at.

I like it overall, it was time for an update and these things take time. Just a concern is anyone else having that problem

forgot to add

where is your password/pin located i don't believe I have ever set on up to get into my classification stuff before.

Are they mailing temp pins for us to use. is it on your frontsight mag, just a question

forgot to add

where is your password/pin located i don't believe I have ever set on up to get into my classification stuff before.

Are they mailing temp pins for us to use. is it on your frontsight mag, just a question

The pin number is on the mailing label on your issue of Front Sight magazine, it's been there for years.

classifier lookups are done thru the member support area. just enter your number and hit the button. between the member support and the club support (onling squadding link, etc) those 2 areas will most likely handle the majority of the regular joe's needs on there

I found it. But I'd like it back on the front page where I don't have to click a jillion times. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one who used it a lot. 

To do direct link classifier lookups, paste this into your browser and change the xxxxx to your USPSA number (remove the quotes)

'www.uspsa.org/uspsa-classifer-lookup-results.php?number=xxxxxxx'

Yes, but that's more work. If I wanted more work, I'd just get a domain like lessbaduspsa.org and make it the 6 useful things they had on their dropdown menus and one web form.