Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great People at Inifinity

srf

After shooting Limited for awhile I decided to make the jump to Open two years ago. I got a great deal on a used Infinity IMM in 38 supercomp. I knew it had some minor problems but I figured I'd fix em. Well it took me awhile, but I finally got the ejection problem fixed. But it seemed like something small was always popping up. The final straw was the recent, and very sudden, appearance of a failure to extract problem - and it was bad. I did the Aftec extractor thing but still, frequent FTE's. Finally I did something right and called Infinity. I spoke to Brandon Strayer and I want you all to know what he did for me:

It took a minute on the phone for Brandon to determine that I had the wrong breechface for supercomp. He convinced me to send it down to TX fit it properly, but time was a big issue. The Northeast Section match was 12 days away. I've got one Open pistol and I really wanted to prepare for this match. If the pistol didn't work prep wouldn't matter though so off (overnight) it went to TX. Brandon called me the next day and told me that the breechface was replaced but there were a couple of things he'd like to change if I didn't mind. He told me he didn't like the scope mount (not SV - I won't go into whose or why but he had concrete reasons) so he wanted to put a SV mount on the pistol. He then mentions that the trigger's OK, but he'd like to upgrade it for me. Then he gives me some load and lubrication info and tells me he'll put in on the truck that evening and I'll have it in 2 days. Well it came in Thursday morning as scheduled (went out on the previous Monday) and I couldn't believe what I found when I opened the box. Remember, I sent this down to have the breechface replaced. I was looking at basically a new IMM. Brandon put on the new mount, new ejector, new trigger and insert, new hammer, new sear, new sear spring, new hammer strut and did an awesome 1.5 lb trigger job. I added a couple of new springs and the IMM ran like a scalded dog!

I didn't want to post anything until after I shot the Northeast Sectional - which I shot today. I wanted to make sure the pistol worked before I gave them props publicly. They treated me so well that I didn't want to embarrass them if the pistol didn't work. Well I shouldn't have worried because the pistol was smokin'. Don't know if my score will hold up but the IMM ran perfectly all day. Not one hitch anywhere. I just wanted to let you all know about the great customer service Infinity provides. The kicker is how little Brandon charged for all the work. In fact, he didn't charge anything for the 'work', just the cost of the parts - and not all of the parts at that! Keep in mind this was a used pistol.

Thank you Infinity and Brandon from a very satisfied customer!

Scott

Edited by srf

I am a big fan of SV and Brandon has always been great to me. I like their stuff so much I ended up with Two Limited Guns, One Open, and one Single Stack on the way. A couple years ago, I got to shoot Nationals with the SV team. What a great bunch of people. Last year I shot Limited with 3 of the team members, and once again what a great group of folks.

As far as their products are concerned, I have yet to see anything better engineered or made!

I had over 50,000 rounds on a hammer and sear and it still had the same feel as when it was brand new. I switched over to a different hammer because of the coolness factor on the SV Team guns last year's Nationals. Of course it helps when the trigger job was done by Kodiak Precision.

SRF is soooo modest. He won Open. The gun was smokin' and so was he!

(And I've had the same experiences with Brandon. Sent the gun for new grips and got an almost new gun back!) SVI and Brandon rock.)

Edited by kimmie

• 4 weeks later...

SV Great Again.

Same story, i bought a used sight tracker and had problems day 1. Local guy could not fix it. Wanted the gun for Nats so i overnighted the gun to Brandon. He turned it around that day with lots of new parts and a very small invoice. SV had my gun for less then 5 hours and got it back to me for nationals. Their customer service is unmatched. Thank you again Brandon and crew. I will be a customer for life.

Adam

• 2 years later...

Can't think what new or different to add. My recent experience has been the same. Used IMM pistol with random feed problems. Shipped to Brandon for new extractor, barrel holes added. Returned promptly looking like a brand new pistol. No failures since.

Brandon was incredibly polite and helpful to me, a new open shooter, and generous with load data and information. No charge for labor, only for parts. IMO, he's the best.

brandon is one of the few guys that when i email with questions i get emails back ASAP, most of the time when i email a custom shop the reply takes more than a week or i simply dont get a reply at all. When i go all into open it will be with an SVI