Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Nationals Slots

Shooter Grrl

Good questions, Britin. Slots will be mailed sometime after the first of the year; as soon as I'm done with calls, the section slots are calculated and the actual forms come back from the printer.

PASA (Lim/Lim10/Rev) slots will be due back in office May 8th (approximately) and Tulsa (Open/Prod) slots will be due back in office June 8th (again, that's an approximate but pretty damn close).

Kim

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Champions from the first (8) qualifying (other) 2005 Tournament (now officially called Level III) championships

What were they? Which matches qualified?

They were, in chronological order:

Space City Challenge

Summer Blast

Targeting Education (Agnus Dei)

Ohio Section Match

Golden Bullet Championship

AWARE 2005

2005 Mississippi Classic

VA-MD Section Championship

Until they apply, there's no way to know what those tournaments will be. The way it works is this: a match applies for tournament status. The stages are approved (one hopes) and the waiting game begins. The match date arrives. The match happens. Fun is had by all (one hopes). President's medals are awarded. Prizes distributed. etc, etc.

My part in all of this is that I maintain a big notebook with copies of all of the tournament applications that come in throughout the year. When the app is approved I send out a batch of President's medals and a letter explaining how to distribute them. Then, at the end of the year, I count out the first 8 appoved tournaments of the year and those are the 8 who are awarded slots.

Slots to those tournaments are awarded thusly:

The first eight non-area championship matches to qualify as tournaments in a calendar year may award slots to the top three overall in each qualifying division. A division must have 20 or more competitors to qualify. The maximum number of slots to be distributed by a single match is 15 with an accumulated annual total of 120.

Targeting Education has once again applied for Tournament Level III status. As long as our stages are approved, we should once again qualify for nationals slots. This is why the Tournaments try to announce early...to get slots awarded for the match. So, if you aren't shooting the Multi-Gun, come check us out!!! (shameless plug) ;)

Match Application

Jeff LaFave

MD

Hmmm....so what happened to all the president's medals at the 2005 Ohio Section Match???

In my division (revolver--20 shooters--maybe the biggest gathering of revolver USPSA shooters to date) only two plaques were awarded (to high overall, and first in one other class way down the list, can't remember which one, maybe C).....

Hmmm....so what happened to all the president's medals at the 2005 Ohio Section Match???
the conspiracy against the revo shooters strikes again...

You gotta be kidding me??? Throw some :) faces in there so that I know you are joking.

(All the USPSA Presidents medals were distributed to the appropriate shooters. If you think there was a mistake made, send me a message and let me know.)

Cliff's definitely joking.

And I'm just asking out of curiosity.....I didn't see any president's medals being awarded at the OH match, but it's entirely possible I missed it since the awards were going on sort of at the same time as the shoot-offs.

(I was second overall in my division, and won my class--I have no idea if that was enough to warrant medal recognition under the rules....)

BUT--it's not that big a deal either way....and I'll be the first to be on record stating that the OH match was a fun match and a very friendly venue for wheelgunners!! :)

Mike

Also, to win an area championship class win slot, you must be from the area in which the competition was held. In other words, if you won high A at area 4, you must be from area 4 in order to be eligible to for the slot. This does not apply to category wins or high overall wins from area championships, only class wins.
thats an interesting rule. why penalize someone who probably traveled a pretty good distance to support an area match outside of their area?

Mike,

I'm pretty sure Patrick got the only Medal in Revolver.

I didn't get the medals out at the match. In my rookieness, I left the box of presidents medals buried in another box. With the multi-day format we used, only those there (Sunday) got their plaques that day. With Nationals coming up, I waited until then to distribute many of the plaques (and medals). Many were there, saving a ton of shipping and time. The rest, I brought home, bought packing and shipped them out.

Awards are a tough detail. I think they get put on the back burner, with all the pressure to make sure the match, itself, goes off well.

(I did have fun tracking shooters down at the Nationals awards and slapping a plaque/medal in their hands.)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of making my (other) tournament slot calls and I'm having trouble getting through to a few people. I can't reach:

John Haberern

Eric Blanchard

Robert Vogel

Paul Carlson

So, if you are:

John Haberern

Eric Blanchard

Robert Vogel

Paul Carlson

or if you know a way to contact:

John Haberern

Eric Blanchard

Robert Vogel

Paul Carlson

please PM me, email me (kim@uspsa.org) or give me a call at 360-855-2245 or ask them to do so, so I can get the slot to a deserving individual. Otherwise, I'm at the point where I'll have to pass them up and go to the next name on the list.

Thanks!

Kim Williams

USPSA Nationals Coordinator

Sorry John, you're too late. Paul has already accepted. :P

Thanks for all the emails, calls, and replies, guys. I got everyone except John Haberern. Anyone know how to reach him?

Also, I have a few more names here with no or bad contact info:

Michael Masselli -- AWARE

Adam Benson -- Summer Blast

John Allchin -- Golden Bullet

Phillip Quintal -- Golden Bullet

Billy Kwan -- Golden Bullet

John Benton -- VA/MD

Thanks!

Kim

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry John, you're too late. Paul has already accepted. :P

Thanks for all the emails, calls, and replies, guys. I got everyone except John Haberern. Anyone know how to reach him?

Also, I have a few more names here with no or bad contact info:

Michael Masselli -- AWARE

Adam Benson -- Summer Blast

John Allchin -- Golden Bullet

Phillip Quintal -- Golden Bullet

Billy Kwan -- Golden Bullet

John Benton -- VA/MD

Thanks!

Kim

Kim,

If you still need John Benton's contact info let me know and I'll get it for you.

Richard Jones

• 2 years later...