Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best All Purpose Lube?

G34 CORDY

Hello: The Redline assemble lube I use is very thin and red in color. If you put it between your fingers in wicks like a spider web. Great stuff! I may try some of there transmission fluid in the light weight. We used to use it on Formula Ford gearboxes with great results. There are alot of great lubes out there for different things besides guns Thanks, Eric

no kidding it's like any new to me lube or oil gets bought, tested etc........ guns, fishing reels, anything you could put it on just to see.

worse than a woman & her shoes!

:surprise:

I use mobil one or amsoil,and for grease I use Lubri-plate engine assembly.

In seems to

me that gun oils and grease arent what folks expect,I have done

some testing in the past and the synthetic motor oil is far better, than any

of the advertised gun oils.

Use to use Wynn's friction proving mixed with a little stp and military

issued engines oils, all we could get at the time.

Jim/Pa

Sailors :D

Slide Glide is the best and can be purchased by the owner of

This BLOG. Slide Glide by Brian Enos.

I use it or Break free CLP, as it Cleans, Lubricates and preserves

the metal from rust. I used It in the US Army and still is the

Best for cleaning firearms.

After storing my guns for a year, or was it two, I took them out for shooting and inspecting. They were dry as a bone. The oil had evaporated or run into the lower extremities. If you are oiling and using your guns more often than, let's say 6 months or so, then use your choice of oil. However, if you are like me and don't get out often enough, then you might consider the other lubricants such as Slide Glide or Boeshield. Lots of talk about how great Slide Glide is and I am a true believer; just wish I could get the pricing down somehow (hint, hint).

The Boeshield is really great stuff and worth a try; it was developed by Boeing for jet engine parts. Good enough for me. It's like a parafin suspended in the aerosol.

After cleaning my guns, I lubricate as follows: use aerosol Boeshield on larger surfaces and then Slide Glide on the high friction parts such as slide rails, sear nose, barrel lugs, etc. This formula should be good for my guns that don't get used too much.

Cordy, I bought some red oil from a NAPA auto parts store that I really like. It's made specifically for guns by Lucas Oil. I really like it.

http://www.lucasoil.com/products/display_products.sd?iid=27&catid=2&loc=show

Thanks for the link - i'm going to give this a try.

Edited by gohuskers

militec, and mobile 1 synt when i'm out of militec.

i find militec work/penetrate and hold better on eated metal. i guess molecules are streching allowing the oil going ''inside'' the metal.

i just eat the parts to be lubed till too hot for my skin,then oiling immediatly.

Militech mixed with Mobil 1 10w30 in a 1:2 ratio works great on my guns.

If you are going Hi-Tech:

http://www.alphatechcoatings.com/Infomation.htm#firearms-- I have used this stuff for years. Works great and is not temperature sensitive

http://www.386nanotech.com/ - Dillon sells this stuff. It is amazing how clean you gun will stay. I do a very detailed cleaning and remove all lube etc with Acetone. I use this Nano 386 as per directions. Then I will use the Blue Magic on the rails and sear.

The Blue Magic is about 20 bucks which is expensive but I have the same bottle for over five years now. You do not need very much.

• 2 weeks later...