Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA License Plate

I live in a one plate state and want to get a front tag for my vehicle using the USPSA logo and other stuff on it. Wondering if anyone has had one made and what it looks like. Need some ideas on what to get on the tag. Local custom t-shirt maker can make it for less that $20.

Trini

I have often thought it would be a good idea for USPSA to make such a tag. At one time the gift shop had a USPSA tag holder, but I think a plate tag would look cool on the front of my truck. Could also be a subtle promotion for the sport.

while it could be a nice promotion for the sport, it could also be a nice attention getter to lesser-souled individuals "Hey, im a shooter, maybe there is a gun in my car...better break in to find out".

In this day and age, that would be my only worry with said idea...

If USPSA would sell those I would buy one.

Between the ones we get for renewal and now Brians stickers, you wont see the paint on my truck.

Corey where I live, if you dont have a gun sticker on your car, you might be taken as a flatlander and thats not good either. :roflol:

I actually think there are very few who know what USPSA stands for. Of course our membership knows and the few, but precious fans do, but the general public probably has no clue.

For instance, my license plates are "SV DVC". 99.9% of this forum's members and USPSA/IDPA folks would know what it means. But so far, no one else has had a clue :surprise:

Edited by SV-COP

SV COP,

I agree with you that most folks don't know what USPSA or IPSC means. When I mention them to non-gun people they ask what is that. Heck, even gun people don't know either unless they have played in the game.

PLUS 1 boz1911 There is nothing on my MV's that state firearms,

NRA or anything that brings attention to me or my MV's. The thief

looking for firearms knows what these things stand for!

To me it says "hay look at me I'am a shooter, guns in car"

I know this is a little over done but- they can read, well at least

some of them! :blink:

I'm not a big fan of displaying my gun love on my vehicle. Call me paranoid but I shoot a lot of matches out of town and don't want my vehicle to be a target.

I understand completely. If I can't see my vehicle (via a window) when we stop to eat, I take my pistol bag inside with me. The only pistol I leave in there all is time is my Glock 33.

I'm not a big fan of displaying my gun love on my vehicle. Call me paranoid but I shoot a lot of matches out of town and don't want my vehicle to be a target.

So when getting ready to leave the motel for the range do you wear a plain shirt without any gun info on it? How about when you get back to the motel. I know that I don't.. Especially when working large matchs that want the RO's to wear a match shirt.

So when getting ready to leave the motel for the range do you wear a plain shirt without any gun info on it? How about when you get back to the motel. I know that I don't.. Especially when working large matchs that want the RO's to wear a match shirt.

Good point, I just hope they're not around when I come and go.

Keep in mind that you probably don't want it to look too much like a license plate from another state that just happens to have a colorful design...that'll get you stopped in many places if it's noticed. Having lived in a number of one-plate states, I've seen quite a few people put their old personalized tag on the front, or a european tag etc...and get hit with a hefty ticket. Not something you want to explore when driving to a match with a trunk full of guns...just saying :)