Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TOP SHOT 10 - Season Finale

Nemo

Does anyone think shooting isn't a mental game now?

The trick in all of this is understanding what YOU would do in that situation. Adapting to it. Understanding it. Trying to comprehend it. And stepping up what you believe to be true.

IMO nobody lost. Nobody I thought would win will, but the insight into competitive greatness is clearly there.

Good times.

J

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone think shooting isn't a mental game now?

The trick in all of this is understanding what YOU would do in that situation. Adapting to it. Understanding it. Trying to comprehend it. And stepping up what you believe to be true.

IMO nobody lost. Nobody I thought would win will, but the insight into competitive greatness is clearly there.

Good times.

J

Dead on!

My wife got into this more than me and was way more interested. When JJ missed...she yelled "nooooo JJ, how could you miss!!!!" She has never met JJ or even shot a gun for that matter. All she really knows about these guys is what she heard from me, about what I have heard or read about these guys. I thought she was going to cry when Blake missed his shot too.

we are enjoying the one on one type events. I think this is what it should have been for the whole show.

matt

Chris should have picked a rifle at three feet and the biggest target he could find.

Why would he do that? Strategically speaking, he should have picked the TZ-99 at a small target at 200 yards.

all he had to do was make the shot and it was over. He already had one point, so a second hit means he wins. The rifle at a huge target close up equals a easy win. JJ would not have gotten a chance.

Chris should have picked a rifle at three feet and the biggest target he could find.

Why would he do that? Strategically speaking, he should have picked the TZ-99 at a small target at 200 yards.

Because Chris -with one point - shot first and if he hit and scored a point, JJ - with no points - was done.

That was a great finale! I was shocked to see JJ head out after the game of shooting horse. I would have bet big money that he would make the final two. Iain and Chris dueled until the final shot. What a great competition! :cheers:

I enjoyed the final notes on what each competitor is now going. It was sad to see that Tara's father passed away and I really hope they let her return next season. I'm glad Kelly is taking up pistol shooting and I hope I have the opportunity to shoot a USPSA match some day. I'm sure he'll kick my a$$.

I think the show really hit its stride in the final two episodes. I hope that flavor continues in Season 2. I know I'll be watching.

My congratulations and thanks to all the competitors. :bow:

For the game of "horse"?

Yeah...that would have been the exact best straegy.

In fact, when shooting first, they all should have picked a shot they were 100% sure of making.

Congrats to Iain! I was disappointed to see 'our' boys get pinched, but its a game.... Iain proved to be flexible, focused, and quite good.

For those suggesting its somehow unAmerican, I challenge you to think that its ABSOLUTELY American. A soldier from the UK moves to the US to continue pursuing a passion for shooting... an activity BANNED in the UK... I think its the perfect American story.

For those suggesting its somehow unAmerican, I challenge you to think that its ABSOLUTELY American. A soldier from the UK moves to the US to continue pursuing a passion for shooting... an activity BANNED in the UK... I think its the perfect American story.

:cheers: