Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Multi-Gun Nationals

I'd like to go and shoot Heavy Tactical or whatever they are calling it but want to now if there is enough in to recognize the division. MV mentioned to me at the Pan Am that 3 -5 would be enough to recognize it this year.

Anyone else plan on shooting it?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to go and shoot Heavy Tactical or whatever they are calling it but want to now if there is enough in to recognize the division. MV mentioned to me at the Pan Am that 3 -5 would be enough to recognize it this year.

Anyone else plan on shooting it?

See here

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=111653&st=0&p=1267782entry1267782

What rules are we shooting by this year & do you have to make major?

USPSA Multigun Rules - same as last year & you need to make major to get major points. Most shooters will be shooting major pistol and minor rifle - just got the database, hope to set up online squadding by the end of the weekend.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 USPSA Multi-gun Nationals Statistician

Squadding is finally open. Looks like 116 shooters so far.

Among them 7 in Heavy Metal Tactical and 3 in Heavy Metal Limited

By weeks end I bet that 3 will be down to 2

You know if we had only one HM division that allowed 1x optics MAYBE we would have 10 competitors!

Patrick

You know if we had only one HM division that allowed 1x optics MAYBE we would have 10 competitors!

Patrick

Patrick: You have stated very well the problem we have with rules adjustments. If we made the change you suggest MAYBE we would have more shooters in one HM division but that would not mean that in terms of overall shooters that there were more members in the match.

Patrick

Maybe, but we also had 12 people that signed a little petition saying they would shoot HM Limited at the MG Nats if we made "X" changes to the rules. Two of those people manned up to sign up, although it sounds like one is swapping to another Division, leaving JJ as the only one who signed that petition as holding his word. Don't get me wrong, I didn't vote for the rule change because of the petition. I did it because I thought that was the right change for the Division. I'd need a lot more that 12 people to sway my opinion. But it just goes to show it's easier to say you'll do something than to actually do it. Now I would imagine some of the issues are with the late notice, or the 3 Gun Nation stuff following the match. But seriously 2 out of 10?

Yes Chuck 3-gun Nation IS driving the amount of people in various divisions. Face it, it is easier to bring only one flavor of gun to Vegas than two types, and a chance at $25,000 is more of a draw than a Trophy!

Now with that said I am stuck out here in Wyoming with no way to check squadding, sign up, log on to the "members section" of USPSA's web sight...etc. It looks like I will be able to make the Nationals and will be a walk on, but I also want to shoot a dieing division...LIMITED, but I need to know if there are enough shooters in that Division to make it worth while, kind of like Pat. A good amigo of mine can bring me my iron sight rifle, and I got the rest of the stuff with me from RM3G, and I can buy ammo on the way, but I need to know how many IRON shooters there are! Thanks for the help. Kurt

Kurt, according to the squad list, and changing me to limited, you will make 6. I bet there are more, but........

Just took another look and o bet there are a few that are listed as tactical that will be limited. I see Scott Kurtz and a couple other iron drivers in there. Division or no division, P. Kelley always taught me to "stay true to the irons" (loosely translated).....

Edited by mike_pinto

Yes Chuck 3-gun Nation IS driving the amount of people in various divisions. Face it, it is easier to bring only one flavor of gun to Vegas than two types, and a chance at $25,000 is more of a draw than a Trophy!

Now with that said I am stuck out here in Wyoming with no way to check squadding, sign up, log on to the "members section" of USPSA's web sight...etc. It looks like I will be able to make the Nationals and will be a walk on, but I also want to shoot a dieing division...LIMITED, but I need to know if there are enough shooters in that Division to make it worth while, kind of like Pat. A good amigo of mine can bring me my iron sight rifle, and I got the rest of the stuff with me from RM3G, and I can buy ammo on the way, but I need to know how many IRON shooters there are! Thanks for the help. Kurt

The list is NOT up-to-date. I got it about a week ago, and I am aware of 8 additional applications that were sent since then. I cannot add names to On-line squadding until USPSA sends me an updated file, and they are at Steel Challenge at this time.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 USPSA MG Nationals Statistician

Kurt, according to the squad list, and changing me to limited, you will make 6. I bet there are more, but........

Just took another look and o bet there are a few that are listed as tactical that will be limited. I see Scott Kurtz and a couple other iron drivers in there. Division or no division, P. Kelley always taught me to "stay true to the irons" (loosely translated).....

Okay, the USPSA office sent me a list with 7 shooters listed as "Standard" Division. I was not sure what to do with that, since it is not one of the recognized Multi-Gun divisions. I assumed the might have been "place holders" for shooters who wanted a HM variant before the official vote was final, but I was not sure. The people at USPSA who handle Nationals Registraton are travelling to Steel Challenge right now, so I could not get someone to pull the original applications. So, I put everyone listed as "Standard" into Tactical. It is very easy to fix, and I can change the division, When I do that, you will get a second notice about on-line squadding, so that you can check the corrected information on-line.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 USPSA MG Nationals Statistician

USPSA Multigun Rules - same as last year & you need to make major to get major points. Most shooters will be shooting major pistol and minor rifle - just got the database, hope to set up online squadding by the end of the weekend.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

This is probably a dumb question, but are we using time plus multi-gun rules or standard uspsa scoring rules for multi-gun. If we are using time plus then we wouldn't have to worry about major minor , right?

I called the USPSA office on Monday to reserve a spot for MG nationals and was going to send in my form today to shoot Heavy Metal Limited but if there are only 3 signed up (me making it 4) for the division at this point it looks like it is not going to exist. I would like to shoot irons and figure switching to Limited would be my best option (changing my single stack out for a limited pistol). One question I have is the 2010 multi-gun rules, Appendix A2, state no limit on the round count for the shotgun and "one no magnified" optic. Not too familiar with USPSA multi-gun but I must assume the no round limit for shotgun is a typo. And I am wondering if "one no magnified" optic can be a red-dot placed on any of the three guns or just the rifle?

thanks,

marc

Linda Chico (L-2035)

This is probably a dumb question, but are we using time plus multi-gun rules or standard uspsa scoring rules for multi-gun. If we are using time plus then we wouldn't have to worry about major minor , right?

The rules were revised July 2010. Prior to the update in July, only Level 1 or 2 matches had the option to use Time Plus -- so it was not even a consideration when the registration for this match opened in early April. It is my understanding that we are using standard USPSA scoring (calculating points based on the number of targets, hit factoring based on points/time, and stage points based on hit factors & total points available for that stage). All the applications required that you designate major or minor for pistol & rifle. I am assuming we are awarding major & minor points (not needed in Time Plus).

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I called the USPSA office on Monday to reserve a spot for MG nationals and was going to send in my form today to shoot Heavy Metal Limited but if there are only 3 signed up (me making it 4) for the division at this point it looks like it is not going to exist. I would like to shoot irons and figure switching to Limited would be my best option (changing my single stack out for a limited pistol). One question I have is the 2010 multi-gun rules, Appendix A2, state no limit on the round count for the shotgun and "one no magnified" optic. Not too familiar with USPSA multi-gun but I must assume the no round limit for shotgun is a typo. And I am wondering if "one no magnified" optic can be a red-dot placed on any of the three guns or just the rifle?

thanks,

marc

Yep, same old round count for Limited SG, 8 in the tube. The optic can only be on the rifle. I would register for HM Limited if that's what you want to shoot. There will probably be some changes and moving around of folks as we get closer to the match.