Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving to Cheyenne, Wyoming

As most of you might know, I'm 18 years old. I guess it's that time when I go out to make a life for myself, and I'd like to continue shooting while all of this is happening. After assessing my options, it seems that moving to Cheyenne, WY is my best option. My uncle has offered me a consistent job there, which means a more flexible schedule for school and shooting. There is also relative low cost of living and minimal restrictions on firearms purchase/ownership. The seemingly "extra" funds due to lowered cost of living will allow me to shoot much more than I ever could if I was to rent a $2000/mo appartment in CA... not to mention school and every tax known to modern man...

If all goes as planned, I'll be moved and on my own within the next month and a half or so. What kind of USPSA action is around Cheyenne (within a reasonable driving radius).

I'm gunna need friends! So help me out everyone! Who's there? What's there to shoot? Where is an FFL to transfer my guns?

I know it will be a great move and I can't wait to be out doing my own thing and finally shooting some more.

Thanks BEnoverse!

The USPSA website shows some clubs in WY (none near Cheyenne however), but don't forget, you are just a hop skip and jump away from Colorado, which is showing quite a few. And, if Colorado is showing quite a few, I'm quite sure there are quite a few that aren't listed. You'll have to go to a couple and ask around. USPSA is showing a couple in Boulder, which is about a 2 hour drive from Cheyenne.

Edited by GrumpyOne

ECOUSPSA.com will give you all the info you need on local clubs. As far as a local FFL, are you shipping your guns to Wyoming? If you're driving, just pack them and arrive. Wyoming is still Free America, you don't have to register your stuff.

ECOUSPSA.com will give you all the info you need on local clubs. As far as a local FFL, are you shipping your guns to Wyoming? If you're driving, just pack them and arrive. Wyoming is still Free America, you don't have to register your stuff.

SWEET! He said he wants to drive.

As most of you might know, I'm 18 years old. I guess it's that time when I go out to make a life for myself, and I'd like to continue shooting while all of this is happening. After assessing my options, it seems that moving to Cheyenne, WY is my best option. My uncle has offered me a consistent job there, which means a more flexible schedule for school and shooting. There is also relative low cost of living and minimal restrictions on firearms purchase/ownership. The seemingly "extra" funds due to lowered cost of living will allow me to shoot much more than I ever could if I was to rent a $2000/mo appartment in CA... not to mention school and every tax known to modern man...

If all goes as planned, I'll be moved and on my own within the next month and a half or so. What kind of USPSA action is around Cheyenne (within a reasonable driving radius).

I'm gunna need friends! So help me out everyone! Who's there? What's there to shoot? Where is an FFL to transfer my guns?

I know it will be a great move and I can't wait to be out doing my own thing and finally shooting some more.

Thanks BEnoverse!

PM sent.

The USPSA website shows some clubs in WY (none near Cheyenne however), but don't forget, you are just a hop skip and jump away from Colorado, which is showing quite a few. And, if Colorado is showing quite a few, I'm quite sure there are quite a few that aren't listed. You'll have to go to a couple and ask around. USPSA is showing a couple in Boulder, which is about a 2 hour drive from Cheyenne.

Good input GrumpyOne.

Nick, per the USPSA website you are less than an hour from Weld County Practical Shooters in Fort Collins. I think BritinUSA and Cy Soto shoot there also. Shoot them some PMs... They might have some good advice for you :)

Nick, you've already shot at Weld in CO, and that's the closest club to Cheyenne. For all intents and purpose, you will be a part of CO's ECOUSPSA as all of the WY clubs are on the other side of the mountains an in the opposite corner.

• 2 weeks later...

Gary M. is running some sort of match in Cheyenne now. There are several WY folk that travel down the Weld, Boulder, AGC/PSAC for matches. 3 gun at Weld and Raton, NM as well. Welcome to the area!

Nick arrived in Cheyenne today! :cheers: Will take him a few days to settle in. Updates to follow.

Tell Nick that the Weld match is the 15th, this Sunday.

I think is the GSSF match this weekend at Weld County... Its not showing on the Weld County web-site but it is showing on GSSF web-site

Nick arrived in Cheyenne today! :cheers: Will take him a few days to settle in. Updates to follow.

Tell Nick that the Weld match is the 15th, this Sunday.

I think is the GSSF match this weekend at Weld County... Its not showing on the Weld County web-site but it is showing on GSSF web-site

Ya, you're right. I forgot all about that thing... My bad.

BTW, Level II CO state match is 21-22 Aug down at High Plains. He might want to make that.