Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Multigun Nationals, Heavy Metal Limited

OK, all you Heavy Metal Limited shooters (AKA HeMan Iron), time to put out!

With a little gentle nudging from yours truly, the USPSA BOD has finally seen the light! By changing the over-restrictive Single Stack pistol requirement for this multigun division to the much less restrctive Limited 10 (45 cal) pistol rules, the doors are now open for everyone to play AT THIS YEARS MULTIGUN NATIONALS!

All you need is;

308 rifle, Iron Sights, 20 round mags

12 Guage Pump Shotgun, 8+1

45 Cal Limited 10 pistol

So put your toys together, get your applications in, and lets shoot some HeMan Iron in Vegas! ESPECIALLY those of you who signed the petition I was circulating!!!

:cheers:

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

Nice!

In order to gain more participation why not use limited 10 rules for the HM pistol all together? I need to buy a SS for USPSA pistol but I really want a 40 cal so I can shoot the same ammo as my limited gun. If I could use the 40 SS for SS and HM I would be all in for some HM at Nationals. The big difference is limited mag capacity, the difference in recoil between 40 & 45 isn't much IMO.

Nice!

In order to gain more participation why not use limited 10 rules for the HM pistol all together? I need to buy a SS for USPSA pistol but I really want a 40 cal so I can shoot the same ammo as my limited gun. If I could use the 40 SS for SS and HM I would be all in for some HM at Nationals. The big difference is limited mag capacity, the difference in recoil between 40 & 45 isn't much IMO.

Actually Jesse, in the rules that I saw, it did not specify .45 caliber, just Limited 10. That would indicate Lim10 minor and major scoring.

If I could use the 40 SS for SS and HM I would be all in for some HM at Nationals. The big difference is limited mag capacity, the difference in recoil between 40 & 45 isn't much IMO.

How does a Limited 10 in .40 S&W have more ammo than a Limited 10 in .45 ACP???

You really do need a Single Stack in .45 ACP.

If I could use the 40 SS for SS and HM I would be all in for some HM at Nationals. The big difference is limited mag capacity, the difference in recoil between 40 & 45 isn't much IMO.

How does a Limited 10 in .40 S&W have more ammo than a Limited 10 in .45 ACP???

You really do need a Single Stack in .45 ACP.

Sorry I menat the big difference for HM vs. the other Divisions is the limit in mag capacity. The L10 regs would all be limited to 10 no matter the caliber.

Nice!

Actually Jesse, in the rules that I saw, it did not specify .45 caliber, just Limited 10. That would indicate Lim10 minor and major scoring.

That would make sense with USPSA scoring. You could shoot major/minor just like L10 you just lose points for minor. Can you run mag wells and all the other L10 pistol rules?

It's no different than shooting a Single Stack in a pistol match. The Open and Limited guns just reload less. You're only competing against others in your division.

That's exactly what I was trying to say but did so very ineffectively.

USPSA is trying to attract more shooters and although they may be ruining it for the purest guys it is opening the doors for more people.

It's no different than shooting a Single Stack in a pistol match. The Open and Limited guns just reload less. You're only competing against others in your division.

That's exactly what I was trying to say but did so very ineffectively.

USPSA is trying to attract more shooters and although they may be ruining it for the purest guys it is opening the doors for more people.

Jesse,

Most guys I know who shoot Single Stack are ANYTHING but pure. :ph34r::sight:

How is the requirement of a single stack "overly restrictive" but the mandate that you must use a pump-action shotgun not? If the reason for the change is to attract more people, why the shotgun restriction? A 12ga is a 12ga.

I hope my Area director will step in here as he is in the know, but I too think that the new rule allows

any Limited 10 compliant pistol into the division so long at it makes MAJOR.

I am happy for that(45 acp only would have been better ;))and feel this may improve participation

in the HM division.

I am still hopeful that 1x optics will be added to HM Limited too and HM Optics will be assimilated into

one division.

Patrick

It is .45 only on HM Limited. The BOD minutes show that the single stack 1911 was changed to L10. The requirement to be .44 was left unchained. HM Tactical is the place for .40 pistols and semiauto shotguns. There should be a document with the actual equipment requirements listed out. Should make it very clear.

It is .45 only on HM Limited. The BOD minutes show that the single stack 1911 was changed to L10. The requirement to be .44 was left unchained. HM Tactical is the place for .40 pistols and semiauto shotguns. There should be a document with the actual equipment requirements listed out. Should make it very clear.

Very good Chuck I knew you would have the answers.

Thanks O' directorial one.

Patrick

With all this interest in HM how many people have actualy registered? I do not want to be the only HM shooter at another match. Let's hear from those who will be joining me in shooting heavy metal with a non-single stack, even if it is a bottom feeder!

With all this interest in HM how many people have actualy registered? I do not want to be the only HM shooter at another match. Let's hear from those who will be joining me in shooting heavy metal with a non-single stack, even if it is a bottom feeder!

Now I only need a 308 to go along with my 625 and my nova.

If more than one person showed up to shot HM at nationals with a revolver the world would stop spinning. It's like crossing the streams. No one really knows what would happen,but it would be freaky! I will be rocking my 625, I may not win, but I will have fun! Join me in shooting HM even if you need 4 more rounds to feel confident, I promise not to tease anyone for taking the easy way out and shooting a removable magazine fed pistol (as long as no one teases me for beings so slow and being allergic to A's).

Big rifles, pump shoties and 45 caliber pistols in Vegas!

Heavy Metal??? I don't know, ain't that division pretty tough to shoot?

Iron sight rifles that produce torque and recoil and are of limited capacity?

Pistols that make BIG holes and go empty all to quickly??

Fixed breech shotguns that transmit the full recoil impulse to the shooter???

Sounds like...........FUN!!!!

Of course I will be there!

Patrick

Mr. Kelly, I would be proud to be fodder for you at Nationals, we may even get enough entrants to be recognized. Are you going to also make it over to the EBMM this weekend? I believe you have a title to defend, and I would be pleased to be your first challenger on Sunday. We should attempt to convince Big Chuck to play with us in Vegas. I know for a fact he has the gear, and it will be his last chance to kick my sorry behind this year. That would be a perfect trifecta of beatings he has given me (not at all difficult to do, but I try). I am starting to think he is a hustler, we may need to break his thumbs.

I'm not going to be able to drive clear across the country for the Nationals, but am still very interested in the exact wording of the rules. I signed JJ's petition for the Limited 10 requirement, but understood that to be for the pistol only. I absolutely agree that limiting (ha ha) the pistol to a single stack is not necessary, but the 8 rounds of .45 is what makes the class.

By just stating Limited 10, does it mean 10 rounds now instead of 8, any 10 rounds instead of .45 only?

And with the L-10 rating, the flush fit portion of the rule goes away, and any magazine can be used, but only loaded with 8 rounds?

Very interested to see the "final" ruling on this.

So far I count just 3 of us attending the Nationals, arn't there any more??? :huh:

jj

I seem to remember a petition with 12 names on it saying they would shoot the Multi Gun Nationals in HM Limited if USPSA changed the rules. We did, so surely there are at least 12 registered right? :ph34r: