Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bad Afternoon

ErikW

Coming home from the range at 4:00 today, a moving truck had just double-parked in the street in front of my driveway. (Great, block a busy S.F. street during rush hour.) I pulled in to a driveway a couple doors down and told them, as they were about to block their tires, that I needed to pull into my driveway. Just 6 or 8 more feet forward would have been enough to let me in. They declined to move. What am I supposed to do? They know no tow truck is going to tow their huge rig. Plan B: Kershaw in the sidewalls. But what if it's not their truck, they just drive it? And they know where I live... what if they want to get back at me? Or just have me charged with high-bucks vandalism.

Meanwhile, getting out of my truck to tell them I want to get in the garage for which I pay rent, I stepped in some dog shit. Nasty smelly stuff smack in the middle of the sidewalk where some dog owner couldn't be bothered to pick it up. I needed new shoes anyway, but I was waiting until I could afford them.

I hate this city.

you mean you came home from the range, your gear all strapped on, gun in holster (that's how I come home....Prod Div :) ), and they argue with you? Do they have no repect, or fear, or do they speak Spanish only? How far has the world come...

--Detlef

Open carry would have been a benefit that day.

It's no respect for people and no fear of justice. How's the city going to tow a huge moving truck?

The day laborers who no habla ingles are very respectful. I hope one of them takes this a__hole's job.

I had more trouble with a pyscho bitch on the road this morning. I have got to get the hell out of here.

Oh yeah, coming home from the match today there was a car in my driveway. I managed to avoid the dogshit, though.

Too bad you avoided the Doggy Doo. Next time a little dab of Doggy Doo will do ya! Especially a little Doggy Doo down their cowl air vents, you know the interior air intakes at the bottom of the windshield. By the way the really gooey runny type works best!

• 11 months later...

Y'know, I think the animals have it in for me. On Sparks Blvd. today a flight of the infamous Reno-Sparks geese* made a low-level bombing run on the hood and windshield of my truck. Ever heard the term like shjt through a goose? Holy crap, a B-52 payload.

Do they make silencers for shotguns? Nevermind, I'll get them on the ground with a .223. Start posting your pate fois gras and roast goose recipes.

* geese are to the area what nutrena are to Louisiana, except they don't have a $4 bounty

P.S. I think they were Canadian geese. Blame Canada!

The only thing there's more of in Eugene than squirrels are the GEESE. My god, they know they'll get fed and pampered by foolish old ladies at the retirement centers here, so they STAY here all year long and, well, s**t on eveything. All the time. You DON'T want to be standing under a gaggle of 'em at ANY time. :blink:

Oh, and yeh: Some jerk introduced nutria to the area some time ago (we have lots of rivers and the little bastards are the equivalent of humongous aquatic rats), and those things end up as road kill each night trying to cross the roads from one river to another. If it weren't so messy it'd be funny. <_<

Nutria were so plentiful in south Alabama 20 years or so ago that someone would sponsor a "Nutria Rodeo" each year. Thousands would be killed. They eventually beat the population down to a mere nusance level and all has been well since.

As for the truck. gasoline additives of the non-automotive variety usually work well. :ph34r:

FWIW

dj

What gets me about San Francisco is the attitude of most of the people that inhabit the place. Its like everyone is constantly on one big LSD flashback to 1969 where they think they are leading a hippy street protest & are just itching to get in your face to tell you that they are morally right & you are wrong and you should be ashamed of yourself because its somehow all your fault (not theirs). Nearly took a job there in '99. Glad I did not take it.