Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 09-13

Update: USPSA updated the description for this one today. They opted for the edge of the no-shoot targets to run down the centerline of the A zone as shown on the right of the diagram above.

I'm sorry but someone got VERY lazy with this most recent set of classifiers. Even now most of these courses would not earn the designer a passing grade in a Level II class. I've never seen such long setup notes on classifiers before and yet they're still vague, difficult to understand, and prone to error on setup. I'm ok with a stapler and measuring tape, but when did a protractor become required setup gear? I'm still seeing "blue water barrels" and my personal favorite... 09-11 whose setup instructions indicates the setup crew should refer to 09-02's diagram for clarification. Sure, that'll be easy to do on match morning. For some reason I thought Sedro was in the other Washington but this thing is starting to read like the Health Care Bill.

Edited by John Heiter

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My classifier came in at 98%... but it won't hold- now a 74%. HF was 6.0773. They had an absurdly low HHF and made adjustment- at least in Production. Mine is changed because there were some other problems that had to be fixed. Everyone else's should stick.

Dave,

Where did you find this info? I just shot this today in Open at 8.0097 HF. It is showing as 100% on the calculater in this thread. Do you think this will change before it actually gets posted this month?

Update: USPSA updated the description for this one today. They opted for the edge of the no-shoot targets to run down the centerline of the A zone as shown on the right of the diagram above.

I'm sorry but someone got VERY lazy with this most recent set of classifiers. Even now most of these courses would not earn the designer a passing grade in a Level II class. I've never seen such long setup notes on classifiers before and yet they're still vague, difficult to understand, and prone to error on setup. I'm ok with a stapler and measuring tape, but when did a protractor become required setup gear? I'm still seeing "blue water barrels" and my personal favorite... 09-11 whose setup instructions indicates the setup crew should refer to 09-02's diagram for clarification. Sure, that'll be easy to do on match morning. For some reason I thought Sedro was in the other Washington but this thing is starting to read like the Health Care Bill.

Glad to hear they cleared that one up. The way it was before it was a little hard to get the perf line of the no-shoot lined up perfectly on the center line of the target under it. Hopefully they will get the rest of the new classifiers cleared up so they are easier to set up. Like you, that one that refers to the set up notes of another one leaves me scratching my head. I mean how hard would it have been to simply include that little diagram in the other classifier instead of that convoluted set up note?

Joe W.

My classifier came in at 98%... but it won't hold- now a 74%. HF was 6.0773. They had an absurdly low HHF and made adjustment- at least in Production. Mine is changed because there were some other problems that had to be fixed. Everyone else's should stick.

Dave,

Where did you find this info? I just shot this today in Open at 8.0097 HF. It is showing as 100% on the calculater in this thread. Do you think this will change before it actually gets posted this month?

Jay- I heard this directly from HQ- calls and emails. I'm not sure if the HHF was screwed up for all Divisions but I was told that for Production it certainly was. My understanding is the ones that went thru on 7/15 will stay as is (except mine) and the new HHF will be used going forward. I hope your run stands!!

Dave,

Jay- I heard this directly from HQ- calls and emails. I'm not sure if the HHF was screwed up for all Divisions but I was told that for Production it certainly was. My understanding is the ones that went thru on 7/15 will stay as is (except mine) and the new HHF will be used going forward. I hope your run stands!!

I do not think it will stand. I had to speak with HQ today regarding another matter and they said it was likely to change but could not give me a lot more info. I wish I knew what the new HHF was!

You guy's smoked this one. Shot this this weekend I finished third on the stage with 31 total competitors with a HF of 5.6537 (32pts 5.66 one make up on steel) in Limited which came out to 79.XXXX% Stage win was 31pts 5.24 HF 5.9160.

I do not think it will stand. I had to speak with HQ today regarding another matter and they said it was likely to change but could not give me a lot more info. I wish I knew what the new HHF was!

I don't see how it can. However- if they adjust it, they should do it for everyone, not just me or some of the shooters this month. With a 24% spread from what I got to what it will be adjusted to, that is going to mean a lot of shooters will get "help" in a classification jump and I/you won't. That's a gross error and should be fixed across the board IMO.

I don't expect to get an A unless I earn it, and if this classifier HHF was wrong I can live with that... but so should everyone else that shot it last month.

I shot this today in SS. One down, 5.14 HF 6.6148 which should be around 93%-94% when calculated from earlier SS results. Probably gonna get Master as my first SS classification. I am not yet classified in SS.

I shot it sitting down and was just off Master Class for Open. I then grabbed a friends XD 40 WWB loads, used a mag to prop the gun and did the old slap the mag in from the side trick and had a Master run with it. I don't shoot iron, so this seemed kind of high. 5.07 all Charlies

Shot it clean in 4.99 today. HF comes out to 7.014. Production, B class.

This one posted at 100%. I'm PSYYYYCHED!!! I'm sure that will be a low-mid A-class score next season, but I'm still pretty pumped abou tit.

Shot it clean in 4.99 today. HF comes out to 7.014. Production, B class.

This one posted at 100%. I'm PSYYYYCHED!!! I'm sure that will be a low-mid A-class score next season, but I'm still pretty pumped abou tit.

Way to go!! Congratulations.

Joe W.

34 points in 6.6 seconds for a hit factor of 5.1515 in limited.

From the calculator

Based on HF entered, we calculate your "National Percentage" will be: 72.8570%

This is good for me.

Pat

Sorry my camera man did not watch the targets and me at the same time.

I shot it in 6.20 with 2 points down on the second run in open class. (using my limited gun)

Edited by Alaskapopo

Something is off now...

5.07 35 points 64% production??? Umm that seems a bit low.

Yes thats not right either. I think they went to far the other way now. 35 points in 5 seconds production should be closer to 80- 85% IMO.

Considering you are sitting and have to load the gun and there are no-shoots.

edited to add: That would put the 100% at around 3.75 seconds clean!

Edited by Northern Xtreme

Ya, I was cooking pretty good on that run... do I think it should be 100% No, I left a little on the table and was shooting major loads. I do think they overshot though. After you have done this for a time you have a good sense of where the run should fall. That should have been a a low M.

I could care less as I don't shoot production and no matter where it falls I will be classed as A. I'm thinking of the others that actually use this classification.

Edited by JThompson

Finally got my USPSA percentage on this one:

35 points in 5.28s for a HF of 6.6288 in open:

73.6533%

Steve

That's a good one. I had did it in 5 and 35 with a production and it was a 64% heheheeh.

Okay there Sedro, ya might wanna have a look at that one again. ;)

JT

The calculator was off. Must not have had enough data. What was 72 % came out to 60.6058 on todays update of the USPSA web page. Should have known it was too good to be true.

Pat

Finally got my USPSA percentage on this one:

35 points in 5.28s for a HF of 6.6288 in open:

73.6533%

Steve

That's a good one. I had did it in 5 and 35 with a production and it was a 64% heheheeh.

Okay there Sedro, ya might wanna have a look at that one again. ;)

JT

The calculator was off. Must not have had enough data. What was 72 % came out to 60.6058 on todays update of the USPSA web page. Should have known it was too good to be true.

Pat

I take that back, I had 31 point in 5.07 in production. I still think that should be higher than a 64%

Edited by JThompson

You guy's smoked this one. Shot this this weekend I finished third on the stage with 31 total competitors with a HF of 5.6537 (32pts 5.66 one make up on steel) in Limited which came out to 79.XXXX% Stage win was 31pts 5.24 HF 5.9160.

Came out to 66.5141 :unsure: on the update.