Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When brass whores flock like pigeons

Mbauer67

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone out there is shooting .38 Super Comp and not picking up their brass, let me know where you're shooting next I'd like to be on your squad :devil:

And if you can't make it I'll fill in, $.14 each Ouch!

NOW I understand why those guys take the time to make each piece of brass.

I can't stand it when the whores start picking up brass before the match is torn down and the stuff put away. At the places where I shoot, we need everybody to pitch in and help.

It's bothered me enough this year that I have begun asking people not to pick up brass until the work is done. I'm merely voicing what most of us are thinking, but we have some new shooters so I try to be nice about it (and most of the time I succeed). :)

I cannot fault anyone who picks up brass during tear down if its one of those places that wants it picked up. Brassing is no different than taping targets or carrying walls...its part of clean up.

I kind of like Ashland...there's more brass on the range surface than gravel in many places :)

Edited by ampleworks

Now isn't there two kinds of brassers? The ones that are picking every piece they can lay hands on and those that are trying to get theirs back? Don't you wish that there was a simple announcement that all brass stays on the stage until the end then is policed and pooled. You get back what you left on the ground. Save time and probably kill this forum?

There are plenty of different brass policies at work. At my first USPSA match (I shot IDPA for 2 years before that), I wasn't used to scoring behind the shooter, so I was afraid of pasting a target that hadn't yet been scored. Instead, I picked up brass and handed it back to the shooter. What a great way to get everyone to like you as a new guy. :cheers:

At Sunday's IDPA match, I was one of the last staff members there, tearing down the indoor stage. When we got done, the MD asked if we'd gotten any brass yet and told us to have at it. Conveniently the other guys left were 40 and 45 shooters, so I got a huge pile of 9mm. Much better than last months match where there was a guy on our squad with a nutwizard. We thought it was great that he was picking up all of our brass. Then he had a gun problem on the 2nd to last stage and left with all of our brass. I came home to see on a local forum that he sells brass! :surprise:

Much better than last months match where there was a guy on our squad with a nutwizard. We thought it was great that he was picking up all of our brass. Then he had a gun problem on the 2nd to last stage and left with all of our brass. I came home to see on a local forum that he sells brass! :surprise:

:roflol:

Really, it ought to be taken for granted, but I guess it isn't:

Unless it's a lost brass range and/or match, the brass belongs to the shooter, not the person who picks it up.

Call those jerks on it, "That brass is NOT all yours just because you picked it up before I had a chance to. Some of it (and it definitely helps if it's marked) is mine and I'll have it back, thank you."

Much better than last months match where there was a guy on our squad with a nutwizard. We thought it was great that he was picking up all of our brass. Then he had a gun problem on the 2nd to last stage and left with all of our brass. I came home to see on a local forum that he sells brass! :surprise:

:roflol:

:surprise: I wonder if he has a gun problem on the second to last stage of every match he shoots ?!?! :lol:

Edited by PeterMor

Both clubs I shoot at regularly look at brass clean up as part of tear down. Some get targets, some pick up steel, others pick up brass. However, we do have a huge table that ALL the brass gets dumped out on and everybody gets a chance to go through it and get theirs out. Once everybody gets theirs, and everybody has left, the rest is evenly divided up amongst those who want it.

I try to do way more than my fair share of setup pickup and cleanup at the matches so that when I do have to leave early that one or two times a year, I am not accused of "shooting and running".