Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People not saying "Thank You"

GlockSpeed31

I work for a snack food delivery company and work in many convience stores. This morning as I'm working in this store, I noticed a customer walking by, pulling his keys out of his pocket. By doing so, his keys pulls money out and it drops on the floor. He doesn't notice the dropped money, so I go over and pick it up and catch him at the door. I call out to him, "sir, you dropped this". He turns around and looks at the money and then looks at me with a look like I stole it out of his pocket. :surprise:

He takes the money, shoves it back in his pocket and turns and leaves without saying a word. Makes me regret giving it back, but I am a FIRM believer in Karma. By the way, the dropped money was a $100.00 bill.

Oh well, maybe good Karma will visit me tonight by winning something in the Powerball drawing.

Cheers :cheers:

I tend to be very "Please" and "Thank You" oriented myself having been raised by a women who expected me to have good manners . It bothers me greatly when I see stuff like you mentioned . I also hate the fact that because I am polite people try and run rough shod over me mistaking "Politeness" for "Weakness" . Our society seems to think that being a ass is cool .

He takes the money, shoves it back in his pocket and turns and leaves without saying a word.

Good thing that people like this are a minority. Nonetheless having to cross paths with them, leaves a sour taste in my mouth. YOU DID WELL!!

GlockSpeed,

I admire your honesty, allow me to be the one who says "thank you".

+1 :cheers:

I can't understand why when you say "thank you" to someone, they say "uh huh". I've noticed (along with my family & friends) that this seems to be common in the U.S. Whats up with that?

I also believe in "what goes around comes around". I was given too much money back when purchasing something recently & gave it back. She did say thank you, which was nice.

I can't understand why when you say "thank you" to someone, they say "uh huh". I've noticed (along with my family & friends) that this seems to be common in the U.S. Whats up with that?

If you think people are rude in Michigan, you should visit the east. I lived in Philly last summer, and I experienced a serious culture shock at how rude people were.

I've used the line from Nick the computer guy on SNL...."oh by the way.....you're welcome!" quite a few times on people.

I use this myself and it does kick some sense in people sometimes. It's sad that politeness and common courtesy are becoming instinct in our society.

If you think people are rude in Michigan, you should visit the east. I lived in Philly last summer, and I experienced a serious culture shock at how rude people were.

I wouldn't say people in Michigan are rude, I'm just used to people saying "your welcome" I guess, haha.

A few years back found a Day Planner in the road, stopped and picked it up, full of credit cards and business information.

When I got to work called the owner and told him where to pick it up. When he arrived he acted mad that I had it and stormed out cussing.

I was left shaking my head.............

Thank You is a simple statement that goes a long way in my book.

I'll always try and Thank the RO/SO and the score keeper on a stage, they take the extra effort.

I wouldn't say people in Michigan are rude, I'm just used to people saying "your welcome" I guess, haha.

It's just a lazy form of "You're welcome" in that context... cheers.gif It is what it is - just a difference in dialect in the same basic language... You may also hear folks say "No problem" or "No worries" in the same context... ;)

Rude people suck, period. In Michael's situation, it'd be hard not to think I should've just kept the damn Franklin, just to teach the rude bastard a lesson. angry.gif I'm just glad there are honest people in the world who would return cash of any size to someone they saw drop it... Kudos to you, Michael ;)

If Philly is worse than Michigan, I sure hope I don't have to live there. I recently moved to Michigan from Tennessee and there is a noticeable difference in manners. I'm 25 and it seems a large percentage of people my age up here are very rude.