Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Multigun Championship

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should have results posted tomorrow. Thank you everyone for all the kind words. Next year will better, I promise. World War II in the Pacific Theater is the planned theme. Already have stage ideas.

I'm thinking 20 ft tall mounds of sand packing a flame thrower :goof:

With what you guys put on this year, I can't wait to see what you do next.

Great job! :cheers:

We should have results posted tomorrow. Thank you everyone for all the kind words. Next year will better, I promise. World War II in the Pacific Theater is the planned theme. Already have stage ideas.

Unreal match.

I have never been to a match that was constantly ahead of schedule.

I have never had a match where there wasnt at least ONE stage with an overbearing RO.

I have never been to a match where there wasnt some serious stage design issues that had to be changed mid course.

I have never been to a larger match that didnt have a stage thrown out due to bottlenecking/timing issues.

I have now.

Great match Sheldon. Fun stages. Fantastic RO's. Smooth timing and schedules. Superb facility.

Now, if you could have a talk with God and stop the wind when my squad is on the long range stages... you'd REALLY impress me. :-)

You guys all did a top notch job, I had a blast.

Just a quick post to thank Sheldon for his tremendous generosity as well as to express my gratitude to the folks at LaRue for helping me out with what is the worst equipment failure I've ever suffered.

You guys were tremendous.

Edited by Justin

This was the best run match I've ever been to. Everything was running ahead of schedule and I was home in Houston in time to have dinner with my wife and kid this evening. The setup was great, nice tents for the vendors and eating area, good free food/drinks, awesome props on the stages, bathrooms always close by, rifle racks and safe tables on every bay, incredible prize table, and plenty of motivated but courteous RO's. Big thanks to LaRue, Sheldon, Kevin, all the match staff and RO's, and all the other sponsors.

Squad 13 was a great group of guys. Enjoyed shooting with them all.

Here's my match video, forgot to bring out the camera the fist day but got footage of about half the stages.

My wife and I were Vendors. ( custom mouled earplugs ) and we did not see much of the match, but we heard everything. Vendors are invisible you know. This was a wonderful match. Friendly people, very little complaining, lots of nice things said about everything. The awards and price table were the smoothest I have ever seen. We were done and gone 3 hours earlier than I told my wife. Great job and congratulations to the entire staff.

George & Barb

I had an amazing time and am so glad I was able to come home from Iraq for this match.

Sheldon, Marcy, Kevin, Kyle, etc. did such an amazing job running this match. I have never shot a match that ran so smoothly.

Hopefully I will be around to really help y'all next year.

Here are some pics I took on Friday. I will add more to the gallery as I get a chance to pick through them. I literally took over a thousand shots.

http://knuckledragger.smugmug.com/Competitions/3-Gun-Matches/Texas-State-Multigun-2011/16658969_PKJztm#1255920641_pTP2XMd

I just wanted to say again to everyone that helped set up, run and teardown. For all the venders and for all the sponsors that donated their time, product and money in to getting this match off the ground this year for one of the coolest , smoothest running ,hard working group of ROs , and at the end of the day some of us learned a little history and others just had it refreshed.

Also on the ride home I sent out several emails to the sponsors and let them know my gradated for their support and that when I am in need of a product they sell I WILL be coming to them even if I could have saved some money to go elsewhere. It is always worth it to me to support those that support us!

OK I'm tired and need to get some rest.

Edited by PHolsted

Great photos Big Lucky, but I have to ask.....

Why is that guy carrying a Taser ????

It's not a Taser. It's a Phaser, to ward off any Klingon match directors. :ph34r:

I shot with the ROs and had a great time but after hearing all the good comments, I sure wish I could have made the main match.

This was the best run match I've ever been to. Everything was running ahead of schedule and I was home in Houston in time to have dinner with my wife and kid this evening. The setup was great, nice tents for the vendors and eating area, good free food/drinks, awesome props on the stages, bathrooms always close by, rifle racks and safe tables on every bay, incredible prize table, and plenty of motivated but courteous RO's. Big thanks to LaRue, Sheldon, Kevin, all the match staff and RO's, and all the other sponsors.

Squad 13 was a great group of guys. Enjoyed shooting with them all.

Here's my match video, forgot to bring out the camera the fist day but got footage of about half the stages.

Awesome!!!!

We know who wants a WWII division; is he going to get it? :devil:

I had a great time shooting the match during the RO weekend and am excited to see the complete results. Special thanks to everyone who made this match come together - the ROs, the sponsors, Sheldon and crew, and everyone else who had a hand in it.

This was definitely one of my favorite matches that I have shot. While I'm sure it was difficult on beginners, I liked the 90-second par time - at least during the RO weekend it kept all of the stages flowing nicely. The 90-second fixed time on the long range stage was also a welcome change. The match did a good job of challenging the shooters without making things unnecessarily difficult. Most of the stages were relatively simple in nature, and that allowed shooters to focus on the shooting and not bizarre rules or shooting positions. The stage props were really nice and added to the whole experience. For instance, the "trees" on stage 2 broke up the monotony of the typical dirt boxes we shoot in. Again, thanks so much to everyone involved, and I'm looking forward to next year!

Here is my video from the match:

Let me just add my 2 cents to the deafening roar of approval for the match, it was great, ran smoothly with a huge turn out, staff and sponsors out did themselves, the prize table was awesome. Sheldon, Marcy and all the match officials and RO's and staff were all about making sure everyone has having a great time and it showed at every turn. I cannot say enough about the staff and what a good time it was. Thanks for all your efforts, well worth the sandblasting we all took and you as well. :cheers:

Jeff

Great photos Big Lucky, but I have to ask.....

Why is that guy carrying a Taser ????

I saw the taser!!!! I'm the RO on stage two,,, that lost his voice. I was like,,, "Please Taser me BRO!"

Jim M ammo

Lee,

Thanks for the hard work. Would it be possible for you to put up the combined standings that were used for the prize table?

Thanks

I have nothing to do with putting them up, I just noticed they were there. :D The combined standings (for the prize table after the top in each division) were made by just merging stage point totals of those who were not the top in division. There was a list generated, I will see if it can be posted.

the stages were very deceptive, they looked obviously simple but small subtle presentations made for very technical stages, I thought they were very efficient tests of skill and allowed the match to run very smoothly without the back ups and delays that complex stages cause with target issues and prop failures. i was glad to see steps taken to keep props up during high wind, and think that Sheldon and crew have a winner with this event. I look forward to returning next year, the ears may be back as well.

Trapr

Another point, The shortened walk thrus and the 90sec max time worked well with those stages, more complex stages should not be done with those parameters. That combination of time and stage design worked great, but should not be done by others if you choose to increase round counts or complexity.

I'd like to think that Sheldon planned it all out that way but I know him better :roflol:

Marcie did it!!!!

trapr

I can say it is very ,Very cool to have friends with True Skill. I get to see amazing acts in shooting and amazing creations in an orchestration of an event. makes us wonder, Just how amazing are the Carruth children going to turn out?

I would like to thank all the shooters of the match that helped make the end as good as it could possible be.

In particular the parking lot lacking trash blowing in the wind. A great clean up crew kept up with the trash cans and the RO's did not have to pick up too many drink bottles

Comfort Zone ? sight picture & walk through. I think most of us go to event to get pushed out of our comfort zone, I do any way. The last thing I want to pay for is a "Comfortable shot" I think even the best shooter found them selfs falling over that comfortable edge.

I hope you guys had a good experience on stage 11 our crew of 4 gave all of you our best attention.

And possibly I spread some Fever too B)

!It was not real dynamite on the bridge

Also, what happend to my Time Out Tombstone ? :devil:

Edited by AlamoShooter