Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

finally got my glock 34 today!

G34 CORDY

i picked up my glock 34 this morning but have not got to shoot it yet. i will be shooting it this weekend at my local uspsa match. i took it apart to clean it and realized that it is a very simple gun on the inside i guess thats why there so reliable. i want to put grip tape on the gun to improve my grip on it but other than that i love it, and i need to put some new sights on it but besides that i dont think it needs anything else but to be shot alot. now my xdm will be a stainless paper weight for the mean time.

be careful where you put the grip tape as a piece in the wrong spot will give you a trip to the Open division for the day. just a forewarning. Congrats on your new gun! now where are the pics?

be careful where you put the grip tape as a piece in the wrong spot will give you a trip to the Open division for the day. just a forewarning. Congrats on your new gun! now where are the pics?

As a caveat here...what do you mean by "be careful where you put the grip tape"? I was under the impression that as long as it was on the grip...then it was fine. Do people put it other places? I do shoot Limited personally with my Glock 35 but will pick up a 34 eventually for Production (maybe since I really get a kick out of Limited). Just wanted to see what I was missing.

what do you mean about putting the tape in the wrong place? where cant i put it?

Check out the rule book there is a pic in there for Production. NO tape at all on the slide and a couple other spots.

lucky for me my local gun club that holds uspsa matches dont look at our guns so iam good in that department. if i was shooting in a professional match then i would be concerned but thanks for the warning. can i purchase performed tape or do i have to make it myself?

Edited by XDM-9 CORDY

http://www.ericwesselman.com/

if you buy direct, dont expect them anytime soon. you'll get the tape eventually, he just takes quite awhile as he is pretty busy. you can find the precut tape at a few dif retailers as well. the picture on the site shows where the tape can be applied. I wouldnt want to add any more tape to other parts of the frame.

as for adding pics here, you have to have them hosted on the internet somewhere (photbucket.com is one, there are a 100s of them). click the picture looking icon to the right of the smiley face when you are making a post. if you hover your mouse over the buttons, the one you want says "Insert image". click that, then copy the URL of the previusly uploaded picture and viola! it here for everyone to enjoy.

As a caveat here...what do you mean by "be careful where you put the grip tape"? I was under the impression that as long as it was on the grip...then it was fine. Do people put it other places? I do shoot Limited personally with my Glock 35 but will pick up a 34 eventually for Production (maybe since I really get a kick out of Limited). Just wanted to see what I was missing.

Some people put tape on the front part of the frame for a finger index or for weak hand grip out front. pretty sure its illegal other than on the grip part itself.

sorry i know this has been asked alot but is there a preformed grip tape for the g34? not the rubber ones i dont like those.

Yes, Talon makes a set for the G34 .... I put them on my own G34 that I use in IDPA and they fit perfectly; could not be happier with them.

Nice people to deal with and very quick delivery.

Ken

is there a difference between trugrip, gorilla grip and tac grip?

I have a set of trugrip and a set of gorilla grip. I accidentally mixed them in a pile and now i can't figure which is which -they look and feel identical. Trugrips comes with better instruction though.

i tried to get trugrip but no one had anymore. so i ordered gorilla grip from cpwsa but they are out of stock and will be getting some more in a week. so i guess i have to wait but i ordered it anyway. the glock needs it badly, iam going to be shooting it in uspsa production this weekend so i will get you guys a report on how it works out. but yeah i should change my name on here. how do i do that?

i tried to get trugrip but no one had anymore. so i ordered gorilla grip from cpwsa but they are out of stock and will be getting some more in a week. so i guess i have to wait but i ordered it anyway. the glock needs it badly, iam going to be shooting it in uspsa production this weekend so i will get you guys a report on how it works out. but yeah i should change my name on here. how do i do that?

I PM'd Flex and he changed mine.

i went to the range today to try out my new g34 and could not believe how much more accurate i was with that than my other guns. i was doing double tap shots getting ready for my uspsa match and i cut the center out of the target so i moved to the head of the target and cut a hole there, very nice grouping i should of took pics of it. i have never shoot that well with my xdm doing the same drill. i just feel more comfortable with the glock than i do the others i have shot. iam very happy with the performance from my out of the box 34.

i went to the range today to try out my new g34 and could not believe how much more accurate i was with that than my other guns. i was doing double tap shots getting ready for my uspsa match and i cut the center out of the target so i moved to the head of the target and cut a hole there, very nice grouping i should of took pics of it. i have never shoot that well with my xdm doing the same drill. i just feel more comfortable with the glock than i do the others i have shot. iam very happy with the performance from my out of the box 34.

Cool! Although now, you can't post here anymore till you change your name! :P