Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

North Mountain Moonclip Holder

RussB

I shoot a 625 in 45 ACP and a 627 in 38 Super. I am poised to purchase the North Mountain Moonclip holder (the 4-post fat man special!)

My question is can I use that apparatus to securely hold both 6-shot 45 moonclips and 8-shot 38 Super moonclips? (not at the same time)

+1 to what everyone else has said!! This year I decided to get one compared to using the individual holders, yeah I'll stick with the North Mountain!!

This fella is spot on I find the North Mountain to be a very fast setup. My reloads are decent from the other guys, but the NM setup draws exclamations from shooters and spectators alike. Bob Perdue is also a very nice guy to deal with. Talk to him about it and you'll be sold.

Edited by Forrest Halley

I use the NM for my .45,.38s and .44 russian. The only change I had to make was for my L-frame. It needed a smaller pilar so I got some bolts from the hardware store, cut the top off and bolted them on. Now they work for everything.

One spot to find all your clips. Use to have to gain weight to carry 8 moons. Now I can do it all in front of my large belly with out having to reach around it.

Just tell Bob what you want when you order. He made some with fatter posts that won't work with .44 or .38 moonclips.

But I think all of his latest do. If not he'll swap them with little fuss, They're just bolt ons.

I have the 4 post fat man special and it works great. I also have a single post holder behind the gun. Bob is a great guy if you have any questions call him.

Edited by Jaxshooter

I shoot a 625 in 45 ACP and a 627 in 38 Super. I am poised to purchase the North Mountain Moonclip holder (the 4-post fat man special!)

My question is can I use that apparatus to securely hold both 6-shot 45 moonclips and 8-shot 38 Super moonclips? (not at the same time)

The North Mountain Moon Clip Holder can do anything.

Mine has got me laid at least 3 times.

I contacted Bob via PM's. Ordered a 4-post on Wednesday, and it's here on Friday. Nice product, nice Guy, great service :cheers:

Did you order the condoms too?

• 5 weeks later...

I just got one of Bob's newest creations which holds six Safariland Comp III speedloaders! It's every bit as nice, and practical, as my NM moonclip holder.

It may not get me laid, but it's so cool I've considered making love to it!! :wub:

I just got one of Bob's newest creations which holds six Safariland Comp III speedloaders! It's every bit as nice, and practical, as my NM moonclip holder.

It may not get me laid, but it's so cool I've considered making love to it!! :wub:

That should take care of the used market on the holders, Bob should sell plenty, his stuff is the best

I thought the NM carrier looked pretty slick so I shamelessly copied the design and made one at home.

Of course it was fashioned as crudely as possible with nothing but a leatherman, sandpaper, a drill press made during the height of the depression, and a borrowed heat gun. However, I refuse to spend more money on a moonclip holder than I did on my reloading press.

I put on condom on before I started making it, just in case.

post-24855-127665855892_thumb.jpg

Just tell Bob what you want when you order. He made some with fatter posts that won't work with .44 or .38 moonclips.

But I think all of his latest do. If not he'll swap them with little fuss, They're just bolt ons.

I've got two NMs, one for 425 /w 45 ACP, and a second, with thinner posts, for 686 /w 38 Spl. Bob engineered the location of the post away from the vertical so that the springyness off the Kevlar gave the right amount of retention to the moonclips.

Oh yeah. And he now makes some Kevlar spacers that fit at the bottom of the posts until you run into a stage requiring loading moons off a table before you begin shooting. Position this spacer near the top of the posts, and they'll hold the post away from the backplate. This makes it easy to drop 2 moons on each post one handed.