Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Leupold Delta point red dot sight

ViktorCistic

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone broke one of these yet, mounted to the slide? I just ordered one and an Arredondo mount, but would really like it on the slide, and am leery of killing a $325 sight needlessly with 9 major slide velocity. What's the warranty on these?

I have indeed broken one. Operator error I believe. In order to adjust the unit you gotta loosen both lock down screws, which I neglected to do :rolleyes:. Sent it back and about a week later a new one showed up.

Between the open gun, Steel Challenge 22 and a couple others Ive got 4 of them running and other than "stupid" torx's and operator error all is well.

• 2 weeks later...

How does the DeltaPoint compare to the C-more STS? Has anyone had both to make the comparison? (from shopping results it looks like the STS would be cheaper) If so, which did you prefer and why? Don't have to write an essay about the pros and cons just a simple reply would be greatly welcomed. I'm looking at getting a Limcat mount from Johnny to use on my Razorcat 9mm major pistol to replace the Quinn 2 C-more that I'm currently using and would appreciate any input offered.

I have both right now. The STS is mounted on my wife's Ruger 22/45 and I have the DP mounted on my Ruger Rifle, both are used for Steel Challenge. I have shot both for a while and although it took a while to get use to the triangle over the dot, I love the DP now. In fact, we are talking about selling her STS and getting her a DP also. We both prefer the DP for 1) very crisp and clear glass, 2) wider FOV, 3) sharp triangle that adjust quick and perfect to light, 4) Triangle is good for speed and precision using the center to cover or tip, 5) lower profile, 6) the cost was very close to each other. If you search around, you will find these sights within $20 or $30 of each other so the cost difference is trivial. The one advantage the STS has is the the intensity is auto or manual - I like that feature. Since you didn't want an essay, I will stop here but I am a firm believer in the DP product.

PM sent...

• 3 weeks later...

New "4M" mount for Leupold (EDM cut from block)

Jakub

Who is "4M"?

This is Michael, my friend - producer of accessories for 1911/2011 and S&W revolvers

where can we order the mount

• 2 months later...

Just shot a couple hundred rounds with a 3.5 dot. Not sure how Leupold measure MOA but it sure isn't the same way Cmore does. It is about the size of a 6moa Cmore dot. I much prefer the dot over the delta which I thought was too big.

I suppose Leupold measures the dot based on having the dot closer to the eye (like on a rifle or shotgun) whereas the cmore bases it on a pistol mount further from the eye. I know Leupold uses the DP on some military optics which are mounted on an M4 receiver (closer to the eye). I think it would be fair to assume Leupold would prioritize their specifications to their military/LE contracts rather than pistol shooters.

Both Ms. Neomet and I shot around 300 rounds through the DP. The dot isn't quite as bright as a full sized Cmore 6moa but pretty darn close. The glass is fantastic, just crystal clear. Shot it at hoser targets, partials and steel. All good. IMHO the 3.5 is the way to go. Smaller window was a non-issue, even leaning around walls, or shooting weakhand.

I'm pretty impressed so far.

Interesting stuff, I did a little experimenting, I aligned my DP 7.5 in front of a C-More 6moa. The C-more dot fits perfectly in the middle of the triangle, barely touching all side of the triangle. So in theory, if I replaced my 6moa with my 8moa Dot, It should cover the Triangle completely. I will try this once I get my my .22 steel gun back from the old man.