Leupold Delta point red dot sight

ViktorCistic

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Delta Point drivers,

I'm looking at mounting a DP on a 5" 9 Major Open gun using either an Arredondo, JV, etc. style mount.

How many rounds do you have thru your DP using a frame mount, not a slide ride?

Any changes in zero? Anything you'd do different if you were starting over (mount type, etc.)?

Thanks,

Charles

• 3 weeks later...

The Delta points are fantastic. The only drawback is, I agree the small torx screws for the adjustment. My solution was to abandon the soft torx L-keys and get a quality torx driver. I opted for one by Wiha, mcmaster part number: 53415A21.

Wow, I think I finally got this search thing down - this is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks!

Oh, btw, I love my DeltaPoint 7.5 with the triangle. I purchased a mRDS, STS, DeltaPoint, a chinese knock-off, and a J-point. Out of all them, I like the Delta the best. The only thing I wish it had was an adjustment for the brightness. So far, in bright sun shine and gloomy days, it's been just about perfect for brightness. I guess I'm a control freak and would like to be able to adjust it manually. Other than that, it's the best small "dot" sight on the market for me.

If you are curious, I have it mounted on my custom built "Ruger" style rifle that I use for Steel Challenge. At my local club, I'm usually number one with it. Not bragging, just saying how good the gun and sight is, not me :)

Got my Deltapoint the other day........washed out completely in earlier morning sun. Crap...back to the manufacturer......when I spoke to the tech guy he acknowledge there was a problem with some of the sights....send it back for replacement. My Prismatic went back twice before it was fixed correctly. QC needs to improve.

wow, really great info and I'm impressed with all the happy customers. I've been thinking about adding a red dot to make a fun open steel gun (maybe on an existing M&P 9) and this may be the best option.

does anybody have this in a dovetail mount that's included or should I have the slide milled?

Is it possible to mount the DP on this STS C-more mount? You see, I shoot a Tanfoglio and there are not many mounts to choose from!

The mount!

Any mount that's made for a JPoint will work on the DP. If the CTS footprint is the same as a JPoint that mount would work.

I've had my DP mounted on an Arredondo for about a month now. I was previously using a Quinn 2 mounted Cmore.

I've been very happy with the DP. It's super light, and doesn't affect the balance of the gun. I like that I don't have to turn it off. I don't know how many batteries I ran through because I forgot to turn off my CMore after dryfiring:wacko:. The glass is amazingly clear, and the brightness of the delta has always been perfect. It did take a few practice sessions to get used to the delta instead of a dot, but now I think I might actually prefer the delta.

Is it possible to mount the DP on this STS C-more mount? You see, I shoot a Tanfoglio and there are not many mounts to choose from!

The mount!

Any mount that's made for a JPoint will work on the DP. If the CTS footprint is the same as a JPoint that mount would work.

I've had my DP mounted on an Arredondo for about a month now. I was previously using a Quinn 2 mounted Cmore.

I've been very happy with the DP. It's super light, and doesn't affect the balance of the gun. I like that I don't have to turn it off. I don't know how many batteries I ran through because I forgot to turn off my CMore after dryfiring:wacko:. The glass is amazingly clear, and the brightness of the delta has always been perfect. It did take a few practice sessions to get used to the delta instead of a dot, but now I think I might actually prefer the delta.

I ask because I think the C_more STS uses a unique footprint. Maybe someone could confirm that?

Edited by olp73

Biggest issue is the screw size. STS uses bigger screws. You'd need to figure out some way to add material to the mount to use the DP's screws.

Secondary issue is that the DP uses locator buttons at its corners to help secure the sight.

Biggest issue is the screw size. STS uses bigger screws. You'd need to figure out some way to add material to the mount to use the DP's screws.

Secondary issue is that the DP uses locator buttons at its corners to help secure the sight.

Maybe I should post this in the Tanfoglio or in Henning's section..............but modding a 1911 jpoint mount might be easier right? blink.gif

Edited by olp73

In regards to the DP using locator buttons:

Only the rail mount adapter has locator buttons that add any rigidity to the mounting system. All of the other mounts make use of a loose plastic piece that covers the bottom of the sight and has the male locator pins in it. The DP is held securely by the two mounting screws. The shoulders of the screws are very tight fitting to the body of the DP which in turn hold the DP securely to the mount.

I put one on my 617 and I love it for pintops and steel (the mount is the new Allchin "Mini-STS" mount). I also have another to put on a 625 for USPSA Open Revolver. I have a Trijicon RMR milled into the slide of my M&P 9L Open gun (built by David Bowie). I tried to change my order to the DeltaPoint after I read some posts by him on the M&P Forum about how much he likes it, but he had already milled my slide and the mounting pattern is different.

post-22361-061414900 1299638493_thumb.jp post-22361-033541700 1299638796_thumb.jp

Edited by fred5876r

Maybe I should post this in the Tanfoglio or in Henning's section..............but modding a 1911 jpoint mount might be easier right? blink.gif

Why not just use the Arredondo mount that is made for the Deltapoint and has adapters for the other footprints....It has the same hole pattern as the CR Speed mount you listed or you can get it blank with no mount holes and drill your own if your frame has some other pattern.

Why not just use the Arredondo mount that is made for the Deltapoint and has adapters for the other footprints....It has the same hole pattern as the CR Speed mount you listed or you can get it blank with no mount holes and drill your own if your frame has some other pattern.

RHT makes a Tanfo version of it's mount. Arredondo doesn't. Big difference between Tanfo & 2011s WRT slide height (& maybe width, which would affect centering of the sight), not just dustcover screw pattern. For an illustration, go to Tanfo's site & check out the Buzz Modified Div. gun. They use a Cmore Serendipity that they cut the mounting pads off of & mount using 2 screws on each side. The screws just miss the holes in the Serendipity's legs.

I put one on my 617 and I love it for pintops and steel (the mount is the new Allchin "Mini-STS" mount). I also have another to put on a 625 for USPSA Open Revolver. I have a Trijicon RMR milled into the slide of my M&P 9L Open gun (built by David Bowie). I tried to change my order to the DeltaPoint after I read some posts by him on the M&P Forum about how much he likes it, but he had already milled my slide and the mounting pattern is different.

post-22361-061414900 1299638493_thumb.jp post-22361-033541700 1299638796_thumb.jp

What am I missing here? If a DP fits a STS revolver mount it could fit the Rescomp STS Tanfo mount too?? :huh:

What am I missing here? If a DP fits a STS revolver mount it could fit the Rescomp STS Tanfo mount too?? :huh:

The Allchin mount is drilled and tapped for multiple sights. He claims that all of the "mini" sights fit (but the RMR does not, I tried it).

• 1 month later...