Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You can't answer your walkie-talkie very well...

Restroom etiquette:

Do not use your cell phone, (think of the noises the other person can hear).

Do not peek over the partition.

Concentrate on your aim, nothing says more about your character than pee on your shoes.

Don't eat the big white mint.

I work in a manufacturing plant and all the plant supervisors love their Nextel's. I walked into the men's room last week and one of them is sitting in a stall carrying on full conversations with multiple people, making and receiving "chirps". I tried to stay quiet in the stall next to him (there are only two) but I was thinking how rude he was. About that time my cell phone rang and he says "See, I'm glad I'm not the only one". I responded while hitting the ignore button to send them to voice mail "No, you're just the only one who answers".

Last year we were in Chicago hitting some blues clubs. I walk into the mens

room, and walk up to the only available urinal. The guy to my right is doing his

business, while he is texting on his cell phone :surprise: He is practically

standing on his tippy toes, to get his junk far enough into the urinal so as not

to make a mess with his "freestyle" approach. I couldn't f#$*ing believe it.

Tom

This thread is heading for the crapermellow.gif

With two P's my Alamo Shooting brother!! :roflol: FWIW, my wife almost always seems to call me when I'm in the restroom. What's up with that :goof:

It's ESP-they know when to catch you off guard.

I want to ride to the ridge where the West commences

Gaze about the moon until I lose my senses

Can't look at hobbles and I can't stand fences

Don't fence me in"

Git yer self one o' them hands-free headsets, Pardner. That way you can be sure to keep a tight reign on yer bizness.

I was at a meeting a couple of years ago at a hotel in Austin. We broke for 15 minutes and I head to the men's room. One of the guys who is at the same meeting is at the urinal next to me and begins to talk. He says, "Hey, how's it going." Then there is this pause, so I respond, "I am good I guess, and you?" Next, he says, "Hold on honey, the guy at the urinal next to me thinks I'm talking to him!" He had one of those damn Bluetooth things in his opposite ear and was put off at me for responding. I WAS THE ONLY HUMAN BEING IN THE HEAD WITH HIM! WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO THINK? :huh:

I have always thought those ear pieces were a bit much, now I just hate them!

Not a fan of potty talkers,

Kyle

So I'm running an Oracle HR/Payroll project back in '99 in Vegas, deadlines are looming, folks are working lots of OT.

We wrap up after a long day and go to dinner about 10pm.

We get into the restaurant, order food, then I take a trip to the men's room.

I'm standing at the urinal - my cell phone rings - I ignore.

Phone rings again - it's one of my team leads - she's in a panic, expresses in GREAT detail her pblms w/the sofware, fears of client blowup, etc. (all of which is SOP).

THEN she says "Oh, did I catch you at a good time?"

"Sure Nadine, I'm not busy at all, let me just finish-up here..." at which point I hold the phone within striking distance of the urinal, and pull the flush handle...

"Hello? hello? Nadine? Are you there? Heeeeelllllooooo..."

My phone was silent the remainder of the night.

Next morning we "discussed" my new-found Project Management "wash of inspiration" problem solving technique. :-)

A good friend of mine straight up ignores people if they try to address him in the bathroom. He was standing at the urinal and the guy next to him (only two people in a huge restroom) asked him a direct question and my friend just stared straight ahead and said nothing. No head nod, no sound, nothing, just completely ignored him. That still makes me laugh. How uncomfortable can you get!? I agree with the attitude that the last thing I want to hear when I'm touching my pee-pee is another man's voice. Yuck!

• 3 weeks later...

I had my own experiance with this and thought i'd share.One day at work while on lunch i ran to the restroom and while in the stall i hear someone enter the stall next to me.A few minutes pass and this guys phone rings,i hear "Hello...Hello"....followed by his bowels doing a mass evacutaion.