Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tune up for a 17

Sbbieshelt

Make that 2 votes for Sevigny sights. I have the plain black competition model on my G17, G22, G34 and G35. I plan on getting a set for my Springfield TRP .45 as soon as they are available from Warren Tacticle.

The second change would be the 3.5 lb connector and then do the $.25 action job on the gun.

Skip the extended slide and mag releases. They can cause problems with premature slide lock or mag drops.

Skip the extended slide and mag releases. They can cause problems with premature slide lock or mag drops.

Cannot say the same things for me, theyre an aid in gun manipulaton when I needed it.

Said problems are specific to grip style and technique. Should try and test them first if you want them.

Sights -- stock sight suck, and the front covers too much of the target.....

Do a search on 25 cent trigger job -- and work on polishing some stuff. That and a 3.5 lb. connector will get you a long way toward a really nice trigger....

Then ammo -- lots of it.....

Cannot say the same things for me, theyre an aid in gun manipulaton when I needed it.

Said problems are specific to grip style and technique. Should try and test them first if you want them.

I agree, that's why I said "They can cause problems". I had to remove the extended slide releases from my Glocks when I switched from a "thumb-over-thumb" to "thumbs forward" grip. I still have the extended mag releases on my range guns, but not on my G23 duty gun due to the risk of a premature mag drop. Some holsters (like my duty holster) may press in on the extended mag button releasing the magazine. If I drop a mag or lock the slide back in a match I lose points, in a gun fight I could lose my life. IMHO the risks out weigh the advantages for all but DEDICATED range guns... YMMV. Just my $.02 worth (adjusted for inflation).

Edited by wmspdi

I agree, that's why I said "They can cause problems". I had to remove the extended slide releases from my Glocks when I switched from a "thumb-over-thumb" to "thumbs forward" grip. I still have the extended mag releases on my range guns, but not on my G23 duty gun due to the risk of a premature mag drop. Some holsters (like my duty holster) may press in on the extended mag button releasing the magazine. If I drop a mag or lock the slide back in a match I lose points, in a gun fight I could lose my life. IMHO the risks out weigh the advantages for all but DEDICATED range guns... YMMV. Just my $.02 worth (adjusted for inflation).

Sorry, I erroneously assumed the OP was for a range gun only. If for personal or duty carry, I totally agree such mods are quite dangerous and could be fatal to the owner. Had you not mentioned it, I myself would not even realize its significance. Thank you

Are you just starting? How old are the boys?

Sights are great, then the $.25 trigger job or a trigger kit (many have springs and connector included). Make sure they know which model you have. Skip the extended slide lock lever.

PM me your name and address and I will give you a new, unopened copy of "Building the Ultimate Glock", if you want.

I haven't seen it, but have another from AGI that probably covers about the same things, so have been waiting for the chance to help someone with young shooters in the house.

I have a 13 year old.

Later,

WG

Edited by Wild Gene

Also do an Advanced search (next to the red Search button on the top right side of the page). Type modifications in the "find words" box. Then hi-lite "Glock" in the "find in forum". Found literally thousands of posts on this very subject.

Edited by Jman