Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ-USA Model 712 Utility

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We need to cross post this on some other forums and see if we can get into the 30-50 unit range.

I talked to USMC90 last night and we now have the option of having it black oxide dipped. If we are going to do this though, ALL of them need to be.

We need to cross post this on some other forums and see if we can get into the 30-50 unit range.

I talked to USMC90 last night and we now have the option of having it black oxide dipped. If we are going to do this though, ALL of them need to be.

Won't the stainless on stainless look better? Both finishes should hold up just as well I woul think.

A cross post would be good on the CZ Shotgun Forum section.

Won't the stainless on stainless look better? Both finishes should hold up just as well I woul think.

A cross post would be good on the CZ Shotgun Forum section.

Personally, my vote is for stainless. But we want to do what will be more popular for somewhat obvious reasons : )

Personally, my vote is for stainless. But we want to do what will be more popular for somewhat obvious reasons : )

My vote would be for stainless too, but you're right, whatever everyone else wants!

So, for the people that have already replied saying they want one, can you please go back and edit your responses to add your finish preference?

Thanks.

Edited by goodmanac

goodmanac, on 11 Sept 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

My vote would be for stainless too, but you're right, whatever everyone else wants!

So, for the people that have already replied saying they want one, can you please go back and edit your responses to add your finish preference?

Thanks.

It would be A LOT easier if people just emailed it over my way, then I can get an accurate list going that I can send over to USMC once we figure out everything.

zfields@sandstormsystems.com Subject : CZ 712

Emailed CZ-USA about carrying it the other day

I got an email response from CZ-USA today asking for details. Hopefully something can happen with this.

Edited by zfields

zfields@sandstormsystems.com Subject : CZ 712

Emailed CZ-USA about carrying it the other day

I got an email response from CZ-USA today asking for details. Hopefully something can happen with this.

Email sent, hopefully CZ jumps on this! That would help you out a lot in terms of number of orders.

RANGE REPORT:

Guys, wanted to give you an update on my brand new 2013 model 712 Utility. I got it to the range a couple of days ago.

Long story short, it did not not run perfectly.

Shot 75 rounds (see pic attached, misc stuff) . Here are the shells I shot. http://screencast.com/t/xfukqKWT

I had not taken out the magazine plug beforehand so i was only running 2 in the magazine.

Out of 75 rounds:

1 stovepipe that I recall

several (4-5) 'not picking up the next shell' per box.

I was originally concerned about the recoil. There is significant recoil for sure, but I was using the PAST field shield (thinnest one they make) and factory stock and I was not sore the next day. Once I get it reliable I will buy the AKITA stock and will probably be able to use it without the field shield.

Before I took it out, I oiled some parts with Slip 2000 EWL 30. It definitely had some chunks down in the gas piston/piston spring/rod/etc area. I think this oil was too thick. The gas o-ring was lubricated, perhaps oiling the piston rings with the thick oil made it take extra force to unseat the piston before pushing it back.

I have already cleaned and re-lubed with Slip 2000 EWL (it's light enough to run (when in the safe), which is why I always try to use the 30 on everything I have).

I won't be able to take it out again for a couple of weeks.

Questions:

--Any suggestions on how much and where to oil and what weight oil you guys are using?

--when looking at my barrel ports, they may have been sloppily drilled. At a minimum they were not deburred after they were drilled.

Edited by factionfx

Guys, wanted to give you an update on my brand new 2013 model 712 Utility. I got it to the range a couple of days ago.

Long story short, it did not not run perfectly.

Shot 75 rounds (see pic attached, misc stuff)

I had not taken out the magazine plug beforehand so i was only running 2 in the magazine.

Out of 75 rounds:

1 stovepipe that I recall

several (4-5) 'not picking up the next shell' per box.

Before I took it out, I oiled some parts with Slip 2000 EWL 30. It definitely had some chunks down in the gas piston/piston spring/rod/etc area. I think this oil was too thick. The gas o-ring was lubricated, perhaps oiling the piston rings with the thick oil made it take extra force to unseat the piston before pushing it back.

I have already cleaned and re-lubed with Slip 2000 EWL (it's light enough to run, which is why I always try to use the 30 on everything I have). Won't be able to take it out again for a couple of weeks.

Any suggestions on how much and where to oil and what weight oil you guys are using?

When I got mine I cleaned off all of the packing grease and what not, cleaned it with Mpro7 solvent and lubed it with Mpro7 LPX gun oil.

I wouldn't put any lube on the gas piston or in the gas piston seat.

I use Slipstream on mine. Lots inside the piston ring/on the tube, a little inside the receiver/on the bolt.

I've only had one issue (stovepipe, with a random loose round of unknown provenance) in four local matches. A couple of those featured high round count (35-40 round) stages.

Rtp

I have had to replace two hammers.

Thanks - in how many rounds?

Anyone else on the relative longevity of these shotguns?

I've got a JM I'm keeping, but considering recommending a CZ to a friend of mine once I can sort what to expect on reliability, maintenance, etc..

Edited by rtp

Rtp

I have had to replace two hammers.

Thanks - in how many rounds?

Anyone else on the relative longevity of these shotguns?

I've got a JM I'm keeping, but considering recommending a CZ to a friend of mine once I can sort what to expect on reliability, maintenance, etc..

My son has one and once he replaced the piston he put a couple of thousand rounds thru it with no major problems.

gerritm

The 1st one broke in less than 200 round or so. The second one the disconnecter would not catch the hammer and I would get hammer follow. The third hammer is new style with a much deeper hook for the disconnecter. I shot the pro am with the new hammer with no issues.

Schultz