Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ-USA Model 712 Utility

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope it works out. If so I'll be picking one up.

What exactly wouldn't work with it? It works great on my gun. What would make it not work for others??? Just curious as to what you're thinking.

Because it seems that the stock handle varies between guns a bit. Mine for example is dimple cut. And the demos I had made with the full slice down it don't work.

IIRC Kyle ordered a second stock handle from cz, and it varied from his original.

I'm not trying to talk down on this, but I was trying to get handles made and it just didn't pan out.

sent from my damn tappy device...

The difference here guys is we aren't "trying" to get the handles made, we ARE making the handles ourselves. Production isn't a question. Doug has a full service machine shop, we aren't trying something new in the garage.

Look. I realize you have a shop, that has nothing to do with it.

What I'm trying to tell you is there is there appears to be variance from gun to gun on the size and style of the stock handles, this effects how it locks into the bolt. Just because it works on your gun, there is a posibility it may not work on others. Before you kick into production, you may want to send a few out to test on other guns to be sure that this issue wasn't just isolated to mine and Kyle's 712s

I'm trying to tell you what we went through, and hopefully something you can avoid.

The difference here guys is we aren't "trying" to get the handles made, we ARE making the handles ourselves. Production isn't a question. Doug has a full service machine shop, we aren't trying something new in the garage.

Look. I realize you have a shop, that has nothing to do with it.

What I'm trying to tell you is there is there appears to be variance from gun to gun on the size and style of the stock handles, this effects how it locks into the bolt. Just because it works on your gun, there is a posibility it may not work on others. Before you kick into production, you may want to send a few out to test on other guns to be sure that this issue wasn't just isolated to mine and Kyle's 712s

I'm trying to tell you what we went through, and hopefully something you can avoid.

That's a valid point, the older models vary in other ways from the 2013's models. And so on and so forth.

Stainless It will not rot for many years. If you break it, you can keep both pieces. :)Price will be about $40 - $45 shipped

We really get to keep both pieces? Thats mighty big of ya :surprise: ..Price isnt too bad for all the extra machining in the handle...

Good luck

Edited by usmc90

Stainless It will not rot for many years. If you break it, you can keep both pieces. :)Price will be about $40 - $45 shipped

We really get to keep both pieces? Thats mighty big of ya :surprise: ..Price isnt too bad for all the extra machining in the handle...

Good luck

I was kidding man. Did not mean it offensive.

If anyone is interested in getting one uncoated please let me know as they will be leaving for the coaters tomorrow.

Final price is $40 for plain and $45 for black cerakote, price includes shipping.

We only have 25 available so if you would like to get one please let me know if you haven't already.

Good luck

I was kidding man. Did not mean it offensive.

I wasn't offended, was trying to roll with it..lol..No worries

Well good news boys, my 712 utility that I mailed back 10/23 was just dropped off at FedEx today 11/7. That's pretty good turnaround I'd say.

I hope it runs like hot butter when I get it back on monday!

great news for you..Hope it runs out flawless ..Keep us informed

If you have paid for a plain handle it shipped out today via US Mail. Please let us know how you like it once received.

If you are waiting for a black handle they were sent out to be coated today and should be back to us and ready to ship to you in 7-10 days.

Few more pics of the final production handle. The purchase on the bolt handle is so much improved over the factory handle. I am unfortunate in the department of hand size as I have large hands (16 ring) so having the extra material to grab on to is a definite plus.

4F96ED71-576A-4391-AA34-9F0604F6F77F-105

B86065BD-B399-44DD-BDA4-0B27714A7083-105

383DE0BC-2F09-44D7-A201-C06B3A0BB96A-105

204D3A3F-AA7D-4A3D-947C-2374CFC72662-105