Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ-USA Model 712 Utility

Great, thank you for the info.

Shotgun shells are pretty easy to find everywhere for me...9mm and the magical unicorn .22LR are still very hard to find in Dallas. (but i don't stand in line at 6am either)

Aint much easier to find down here either.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm running a 712 als with 28 inch barrel Nordic +4 tube. the gun is two months old. I shot a 50 round shottie competition last Sunday. This match would be like the shotgun only portion of a 3gun match.

Ammo used: 3 Winchester slugs unknown velocity. for birdshot I used Wal-mart bulk pack Federal 3dram, 1 1/8 ounce, 7 1/2 shot running at 1200 fps

Recoil during the match? looking back to during the match the answer would have to be... recoil? what recoil? target to target transitions were smooth and there was very little if any muzzle rise.

Reliability. %100

Sights? mine had a 1/4 inch green fiber optic on the front hardly noticed it, A buddy had 1.5 inch long fiber optic on his SX3 that glowed so bright that ur eye was drawn to it. It was a Hi Viz magnetic mount. I will be looking for one of these.

Good shooting gun.

Edited by Aleric

I'm running a 712 als with 28 inch barrel Nordic +4 tube. the gun is two months old. I shot a 50 round shottie competition last Sunday. This match would be like the shotgun only portion of a 3gun match.

Ammo used: 3 Winchester slugs unknown velocity. for birdshot I used Wal-mart bulk pack Federal 3dram, 1 1/8 ounce, 7 1/2 shot running at 1200 fps

Recoil during the match? looking back to during the match the answer would have to be... recoil? what recoil? target to target transitions were smooth and there was very little if any muzzle rise.

Reliability. %100

Sights? mine had a 1/4 inch green fiber optic on the front hardly noticed it, A buddy had 1.5 inch long fiber optic on his SX3 that glowed so bright that ur eye was drawn to it. It was a Hi Viz magnetic mount. I will be looking for one of these.

Good shooting gun.

Thanks for this info Aleric. I went to the shop yesterday and looked at the utility. Got shy about recoil, came home and did some more reading.

On the way home I checked out to see what loads walmart stocks and they have the exact same loads/boxes you are referring to. 100 rounds for $20.

Thanks very much I think you have calmed my fears on recoil; I don't mind spending the $80 on that stock.

I think I'm going to have to order it now for sure.

Reliability. %100

Good shooting gun.

Thanks for this info Aleric. I went to the shop yesterday and looked at the utility. Got shy about recoil, came home and did some more reading.

On the way home I checked out to see what loads walmart stocks and they have the exact same loads/boxes you are referring to. 100 rounds for $20.

Thanks very much I think you have calmed my fears on recoil; I don't mind spending the $80 on that stock.

Don't take this in a mean/rude way, but recoil on a standard loads from a semi auto 12ga is a joke.

Reliability. %100

Good shooting gun.

Don't take this in a mean/rude way, but recoil on a standard loads from a semi auto 12ga is a joke.

That's good to hear. Remember I'm a noob with shotguns.

I've never shot a semi 12. Only a semi 20 Rem 1100, I'm thinking the 712 should be similar or slightly more. And it was not bad at all. The mossberg 500 12 that I shot kicked pretty good.

I think with that ALS stock I should definitely be comfortable.

Reliability. %100

Good shooting gun.

I've never shot a semi 12. Only a semi 20 Rem 1100, I'm thinking the 712 should be similar or slightly more. And it was not bad at all. The mossberg 500 12 that I shot kicked pretty good.

Handling recoil is all about how you shoulder the gun. I was shooting 12ga when I was about 10 years old with no issues (granted I was a hearty little bastard).

If you haven't check out a skeet clinic, no better way to learn how to get a gun managed under recoil IMO.

Reliability. %100

Good shooting gun.

Handling recoil is all about how you shoulder the gun. I was shooting 12ga when I was about 10 years old with no issues (granted I was a hearty little bastard).

If you haven't check out a skeet clinic, no better way to learn how to get a gun managed under recoil IMO.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will look into it online first. That would help me on the rifles has well I am sure.

I had been looking at Magpul Tactical SHotgun dvd set, I wonder if that would have something like that in there. I will investigate that more on my own.

I ordered the 712 and will find the ATI stock for it too.

Anyway, I don't want to deviate this thread from it's original topic anymore than I already have. I sincerely appreciate your guy's time.

Reliability. %100

Good shooting gun.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will look into it online first. That would help me on the rifles has well I am sure.

I had been looking at Magpul Tactical SHotgun dvd set, I wonder if that would have something like that in there. I will investigate that more on my own.

I ordered the 712 and will find the ATI stock for it too.

Anyway, I don't want to deviate this thread from it's original topic anymore than I already have. I sincerely appreciate your guy's time.

Please learn the good old fundamental stuff before moving onto "tactical" techniques and what not.

We are here to help, thanks for taking interest in recreational shooting!

Please learn the good old fundamental stuff before moving onto "tactical" techniques and what not.

We are here to help, thanks for taking interest in recreational shooting!

Big +1 on this. The magpul videos don't really show any basic stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

I picked up my 712 utiltily from the FFL last night, took it apart and cleaned it (it's almost like they put dirty oil on new guns). I used some EWL 30; should work great. It looks very nice.

I have not got to shoot it yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

Questions:

• Does anybody make a tactical charging handle for this shotgun?
  • If for some reason my picatinny rail adapter does not fit, does the front bead unscrew? (I ordered tom buster II hi viz sights as well. )

Updates/additional info

• I found a Sun Optics universal cantilever picatinny rail SM6175 so ordered it and hopefully it will be here this week.
  • I got this video in last night for shotgunning basics. I actually was able to order it from the brian enos store via amazon. (have not watched it yet) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003132S94/ref=pe_385040_30332190_pe_175190_21431760_3p_M3T1_ST1_dp_1
  • Also, for reference, mine is indeed a 2013 model (serial number begins with 13). and came with 5 chokes.

Hello guys,

I picked up my 712 utiltily from the FFL last night, took it apart and cleaned it (it's almost like they put dirty oil on new guns). I used some EWL 30; should work great. It looks very nice.

Questions:

• If for some reason my picatinny rail adapter does not fit, does the front bead unscrew? (I ordered tom buster II hi viz sights as well. )

Updates/additional info

• I found a Sun Optics universal cantilever picatinny rail SM6175 so ordered it and hopefully it will be here this week.
  • I got this video in last night for shotgunning basics. I actually was able to order it from the brian enos store via amazon. (have not watched it yet) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003132S94/ref=pe_385040_30332190_pe_175190_21431760_3p_M3T1_ST1_dp_1
  • Also, for reference, mine is indeed a 2013 model (serial number begins with 13). and came with 5 chokes.

Good to hear buddy!

Nordic Components had a short run of charging handles made for it, they told me to just check ever so often on their site: http://www.makereadyproshop.com/product-p/nc-blt-hndl-cz.htm

Half of this thread was about trying to get a new stainless bolt handle manufactured, one day maybe!

I do not believe the front bead unscews.

Good pick on the shotgun video and good to know you got the 2013 model!

Hello guys,

Questions:

Updates/additional info

Good to hear buddy!

Nordic Components had a short run of charging handles made for it, they told me to just check ever so often on their site: http://www.makereadyproshop.com/product-p/nc-blt-hndl-cz.htm

Half of this thread was about trying to get a new stainless bolt handle manufactured, one day maybe!

We're working on it! USMC90 and I are trying to get on the same page with the drawings. Solidworks doesn't play nicely with a lot of CAD software out there!

Hello guys,

Questions:

Updates/additional info

Good to hear buddy!

We're working on it! USMC90 and I are trying to get on the same page with the drawings. Solidworks doesn't play nicely with a lot of CAD software out there!

Yea those can be a pain to merge haha, let me know if you guys need any help, I can ask our SolidWorks or CADWorx guys for help.

Good to hear there is progress on it!

I'm going to be sending over a mastercam copy of it tonight to him, hopefully that will clear it up.

Beyond basic paper drafting, and simplistic CAD, I'm not to up to snuff on all the new stuff. Solidworks was all I could figure out.

If we still can't get it over with him, I'll toss you a line and maybe ya'll can get it in a format he can work with.

I'm going to be sending over a mastercam copy of it tonight to him, hopefully that will clear it up.

Beyond basic paper drafting, and simplistic CAD, I'm not to up to snuff on all the new stuff. Solidworks was all I could figure out.

If we still can't get it over with him, I'll toss you a line and maybe ya'll can get it in a format he can work with.

Sounds good, our SolidWorks guy can throw things together pretty quick, he's very good with it.

I'm more simplistic CAD also haha.

Questions:

If for some reason my picatinny rail adapter does not fit, does the front bead unscrew? (I ordered tom buster II hi viz sights as well. )

Yes, the front bead unscrews. I am currently running the Truglo tru-bead turkey universal sight. One of the five screws included with the sight threads into the vent rib to hold the sight in place.

Hope that helps.

Questions:

If for some reason my picatinny rail adapter does not fit, does the front bead unscrew? (I ordered tom buster II hi viz sights as well. )

Yes, the front bead unscrews. I am currently running the Truglo tru-bead turkey universal sight. One of the five screws included with the sight threads into the vent rib to hold the sight in place.

Hope that helps.

That's awesome! Good to know, I'll have to order one.