Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to empty powder measure

I don't know the best way, but I just unscrew it and pour it back into the container. I made some funnels from old powder containers for dumping into the containers and into the measure. I just hate spilling powder....

Use your imagination and you'll figure out a way to do it.

Good luck,

DougC

I use a match.

:devil:

Seriously though, I usually just crank the powder measure open and cycle it until empty with something below to catch all of it. Since you are probably going to have to change the powder charge anyway, this is the most efficient way I have found of doing it.

Why not release the fail safe rod, pull the two tool head locating pins, slide out the complete tool head and then pour the powder back into the powder jug. I use an aluminum funnel in the mouth of the jug which bypasses the static cling problem that occurs with a plastic funnel. After the hopper is empty put the powder drop/belling die over the funnel and cycle the powder bar a couple of times to empty it.

CYa,

Pat

Why not release the fail safe rod, pull the two tool head locating pins, slide out the complete tool head and then pour the powder back into the powder jug. I use an aluminum funnel in the mouth of the jug which bypasses the static cling problem that occurs with a plastic funnel. After the hopper is empty put the powder drop/belling die over the funnel and cycle the powder bar a couple of times to empty it.

CYa,

Pat

That's what I do on the 550 too.. fastest easiest way.

1050, I undo the 2 allen screws, then the other steps above..

CYa,

Pat

What he said!

CYa,

Pat

+1

Uniquetek came up with a solution for this issue a few months ago:

http://www.uniquetek...6/product/T1347

DrainTool8x10@72.gif

Works great Too!

How do you get the Uniquetek part in without the powder starting to spill out all over the place?

When you pull the powder bar out doesn't the powder just start draining all over?

I love Uniquetek stuff, just wanted to know how this one worked.

Thanks

whoa whoa whoa, what? no automated Rube Goldberg machine to empty your powder dispenser? I am seriously disappointed. :wacko:

I remove the measure and roll a piece of paper onto a cone and pour it back into the container.