Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3-Gun Challenge 2010

I am pretty sure I know the answer, but will ask it anyway. I am trying to decide if I want to shoot my .308 at the match or not. If shooting in Tac Optics you have to hit each target twice regardless of the caliber you are shooting correct? Thanks ahead of time for the answer.

I read the rules and I believe you are correct.

Yeah that is the way I read the rules too. I am leaning towards shooting 5.56, but still might shoot 7.62 just for the fun factor...

OK....Now you have me thinking. I have a 308 that I would like to shoot, but I dont' want to go to HM (I have a 12 gauge pump, but I have never shot it). I need to get more 7.62 ammo and switch my optic from my .223 to the 308 and get it zeroed before the match if I do.

I'm a middle of the pack Tac Optics shooter, so I'm in it for the fun and not to make an early trip to the prize table.

Hmmm.....I'll do it if you do it. :goof:

I am in. This is my leave from Iraq, I am also middle of the pack TO shooter and totally in it for the fun. I am having too much fun with my new REPR so I am gonna run it. Palmetto State Armory is a great source for 7.62 ammo. I would switch to heavy metal, but don't find anything fun at all about a pump shotgun or single stack 1911.

I'm in as well. I feel the same way about the pump and single stack (at least for now).

I ordered a mag pouch that will hold 2 308 PMAGS from 3 Gun Gear and they are shipping out today. I burned through all my 308 ammo so I need to get some ASAP and pull my optic off my .223 and get it sighted in on my 308.

Nothing like changing my mind and trying to get everything squared away at the 11th hour.

This could be ugly, but at least I'll be making big holes.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, If anyone still needs or would like a room at the match hotel, I just canceled my reservation there...I had to cancel this year due to personal issues, so some lucky person got my slot. I am going to miss all the great folks at the match this year, which would have been 6 in a row. But, family comes first... Good luck to all and stay safe! I expect lots of vids and pics to be posted on facebook as well as here!!!!!

Steve

OK 3-gunners, I've just got $5.00 off (great food) coupons from Players here in Columbus to go in our shooters packet. Now $5.00 off of a 16oz Sirloin that cost $9.95 = $4.95, or 2 Large Porkchops, or a 16oz Ham Steak, the list goes on and on. This also includes 2 sides. No I don't work there, I'm just trying to make your visit to Ft. Benning as fun as possible. Did I say that they have , Wine, Mixed Drinks, Great Sweet Tea, Darts, Video Games and Pool. They have about 30 tables and most important will have lots of security on duty in the parking lot just for us. This is a nice place on the north side of town and easy to find. My wife and I eat lunch there 3 to 5 times a week. They are a straight shot west, off of I-185 exit 8, 3 red lights on the left. About 10 mins from the check in station on I-185. You must be 18 years or older to enter.

Bring your stick and I'll show you how to play.

I posted this back on page 19 and I can't believe no-one has posted a reply. Last year I posted Chef Lee's. OK, not everybody likes Chinese but, Meat and Potatos/Real Food and fun to boot at a great price? What's up? Where do you guys go to eat at major matches anyway?

Thanks for the reminder. This is very near my hotel so I will definitely check it out! :cheers:

DMAC, I know it doesn't help you sighting in, but I have some M80 (150gr FMJ) and some M118LR (175gr Sierra) that I can let you have for cheap, and I'll be there anyway. Just let me know.

DanO

Thanks DanO. I have some Winchester 7.62 147 gr left over. I'm going to switch my K-Dot to my 308 and use what I have left to sight it in on Sunday when I have time and I've already ordered 200 rounds of the same ammo (which should be at my door Tuesday) to get me through FB3G.

Thanks for the offer and I look forward to meeting you next week! I will need to get more 308 ammo so we can catch up about the ammo then.

Damien

Ok, If anyone still needs or would like a room at the match hotel, I just canceled my reservation there...I had to cancel this year due to personal issues, so some lucky person got my slot. I am going to miss all the great folks at the match this year, which would have been 6 in a row. But, family comes first... Good luck to all and stay safe! I expect lots of vids and pics to be posted on facebook as well as here!!!!!

Steve

Sorry to hear about this! I had to back out one week prior to the match last year for family issues as well. I hope everything goes well.

Sounds like a steak is in order on Thursday night :cheers:

You can bet I'll be there. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Ronnie,

Don't be offended but the Players here in our town was a strip joint. I'm assuming you aren't sending me to one of those, right? To each their own but I prefer not to go to a strip joint/smoky bar to eat. Does that make sense? If it is just a regular restaurant with some pool tables in the back or something, that is a different animal altogether. So, clarification is requested if you can. Thanks very much!

Mark Miller

Ronnie,

Don't be offended but the Players here in our town was a strip joint. I'm assuming you aren't sending me to one of those, right? To each their own but I prefer not to go to a strip joint/smoky bar to eat. Does that make sense? If it is just a regular restaurant with some pool tables in the back or something, that is a different animal altogether. So, clarification is requested if you can. Thanks very much!

Mark Miller

No problems here.

It's not a strip joint. It is a restaurant with a full bar and pool tables. Smoking is aloud but most of the customers dont. My wife dont smoke and she has never said anything about it smelling like smoke and she would. Their is a big non-smoking area to eat in too. I dont like smoky places myself, so I wouldn't recommend it if I thought it was a problem.

Also dont forget, they will have extra security in the parking lot just for us.

this was going to be my first Benning match, but its not going to happen this year, I had some tools go down that I have to repair so I can make a living, then the bike! "BMW", nothing cheap on that thing. So I guess its a early Christmas for the next in line. Shoot a good match and stay safe!

Joseph

DMAC, I know it doesn't help you sighting in, but I have some M80 (150gr FMJ) and some M118LR (175gr Sierra) that I can let you have for cheap, and I'll be there anyway. Just let me know.

DanO

How much M118LR do you have? I will buy all that you will sell me...

I'll be the first to admit I'm hooked on 3GN- so I check the website about every day for any updates.

Looks like we're going to see another great shoot-off at Benning. Someone will win another $5K, and I don't think it can be Daniel this time!

http://www.3gunnation.com/news

Edited by Bryan 45

Also don't forget, they will have extra security in the parking lot just for us.

Extra Security??? Is this place in an area that requires such?

Well when a big event is held at the National Shooting Complex AKA National Sporting Clays , Thieves have been known to follow shooters from the event and break in cars at restaurants and Hotels. Happened to my friends from S&W more than once . hotel and restaurant , not the same year

I'll be the first to admit I'm hooked on 3GN- so I check the website about every day for any updates.

Looks like we're going to see another great shoot-off at Benning. Someone will win another $5K, and I don't think it can be Daniel this time!

+1

I think they make those checks so big so they can fit extra long names like mine on there. :cheers:

Edited by jtischauser

+1

I think they make those checks so big so they can fit extra long names like mine on there. :cheers:( SURE BUT REMEMBER YOU HAVE TO CATCH A FLIGHT BACK TO OKLAHOMA FAST SO SORRY FOR YOU BUDDY LOL.

+1

I think they make those checks so big so they can fit extra long names like mine on there. :cheers:( SURE BUT REMEMBER YOU HAVE TO CATCH A FLIGHT BACK TO OKLAHOMA FAST SO SORRY FOR YOU BUDDY LOL.

Jesse - can you imagine the kind of hell the TSA would give you if you tried to take that monster-sized check through security?

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

Also dont forget, they will have extra security in the parking lot just for us.

Extra Security??? Is this place in an area that requires such?

Hi Jim

No it's not. This is on the north end of town. Like Alamo Shooter said, that kind of thing happens to us at some major matches. Knowing this, that was the first thing I asked the owner about. I know a lot of shooters will go straight there after the match(I will), so I wanted to know our equipment was going to be safe. He said he didn't like the idea of having 50 pissed off shooters in his parking lot, so he would have extra security there.

+1

Jesse - can you imagine the kind of hell the TSA would give you if you tried to take that monster-sized check through security?

I am sure they would give me the full body scan inside and out. I would also have to buy it a seat all for itself because they wouldn't let it ride on my lap.

I was scanning the stages yesterday and was curious if those orange shotgun targets are clays typically or do they use plates or both?

I think the orange is clay birds but you can zoom in the stages. Also keep in mind is what you see on paper may or may not be what is on the ground.